All-Star Top Gun Flags

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 20, 2014
Does anyone know how Top Gun incorporated flags into their uniforms? They used them in the champions league and at worlds and I've been going crazy trying to figure out how/if the flags are attached to their socks or skirts...

I also can't tell if the flyers that used them grabbed/picked up the flags, or if they were wearing them the entire time and they came out of their uniforms. Its just a really cool concept.

I also can't tell if the flyers that used them grabbed/picked up the flags, or if they were wearing them the entire time and they came out of their uniforms. Its just a really cool concept.
I was very curious about this also, but when I saw the ESPN worlds footage, I saw that they got picked up from the side of the mat and hooked onto the flyers ankles and shorts at the end of tumbling, then taken off during the last two baskets.

Not sure if it's true or not but I read somewhere (cp's instagram maybe?) that they were attached with magnets.

you can see in some videos if you look at the back of the mat during tumbling that someone (it looks like) sort of ties it on them

you can see well in this video, it looks like they tie it around their waist and ankle

I'd probably mess up the flags. But from watching the video, I've never noticed this before, but the girl who does the two to whip double has such pretty tumbling!

magnets? :confused: i thought velcro was used and would have been the much more feasible and fabric friendly approach.

anyways... whatever... it worked and and looked so damn cool. :shaka:

it does sound crazy, but when you think about it makes perfect sense. if you use a heavy duty magnet (underneath the fabric, i hope) then you don't have to be touching the person to get the flag on. the magnets find each other and line up right and you're good to go. if i just wave the flag in the vicinity of the flyers magnet its going to attach quickly. with velcro, someone would have had to physically crouch down to line up the velcro on velcro so it fell correctly.

Latest posts

Back