All-Star Trinity

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not to defend anyone, their tweets or reactions...BUT, if another gym decided to approach my athletes and offer them scholarships to leave me and go to them, I'd probably react in a very unladylike manner. Can't help it, I'm Irish and Italian. It leads to a bit of a temper at times. I'm not the type to call them out by name, but I'd probably slyly reference the situation in a snarky way. Just being honest (though I hope you'll still vote for me as positive female poster lol).

Another thing I've been thinking of, who exactly is Trinity? I've never heard of them before they posted on here about hiring Angel's mom (who I also didn't know was her mom until someone else asked who she was).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New gym, only started competing at Cheersport regional in February. They were under a different coach's direction at the time, that coach is now coaching at GA (and used to coach at GA many years ago too, remember the theme year?). Gianni was a coach at GA last year and the year before (coached the phenomenal Dolce's and the sassy Coco's among others), but left last fall, and is now the allstar director at Trinity. In his, and our, eyes, THIS is Trinity's first season, under totally new direction. New unis, new style, everything new. The gym is gorgeous and very high tech (there was a thread earlier this year about new facilities, there are a LOT of pictures of Trinity's gym there - put up by Paparazzi, who takes a lot of candids at comps for teams here in GA).

As for Gianni, he has coached Cheer Athletics Panthers to win the very first Worlds, he has worked with Senior Elite, coached at ACX, is a fabulous choreographer, has been a groundbreaker in this industry, and has a very impressive retinue of accomplishments under his belt. The best thing about him, though, is the person he is - he is honest to a fault, straightforward, funny as heck, amazing cheer coach, loves his kids and always has their best at heart, and loyal down to the bones. My daughter became very close to him when he was her coach at GA, and she followed him to Trinity. Recently, Trinity also was blessed to welcome Tonya Rice to its staff, and she is also a fantastic, warm, friendly person who is very encouraging to the kids and builds their skills and their confidence alike. You can see what a special lady she is when you meet the children she is raising - beautiful, sweet, ladylike, and talented, kids anyone would be proud to claim as their own. So G and Tonya are truly a dynamic duo! Here is a link to the Trinity Athletic website, you can read about them better than I can tell you:

Trinity Athletics

We are so very excited about this inaugural season, and about the high level of interest from the highly talented kids at every level who are still coming through our doors to try out and meet the fabulous coaches and facility they have the opportunity to train with! I know my daughter is absolutely over the moon, first of all that she gets to cheer for G again, second that she gets to tumble with Tonya (dream come true!), third of all that kids she cheered with before but left behind are now under the same roof she is again, and fourth of all, that under G's exacting eye, those new uni's are going to have these teams looking FABULOUS!!! ;-)

What does it mean "Don't wear a label, be a label"?

When GA had the designer names two seasons ago, that was G's idea. Jamie no longer wanted to do that, so G is taking his creation with him to Trinity, and this year, Trinity's teams will have designer names instead! :) We are all excited about it, but so far have no idea what they will be! All will be revealed eventually.... (however, it made for the cutest tryout shirts I have ever seen :) )

When GA had the designer names two seasons ago, that was G's idea. Jamie no longer wanted to do that, so G is taking his creation with him to Trinity, and this year, Trinity's teams will have designer names instead! :) We are all excited about it, but so far have no idea what they will be! All will be revealed eventually.... (however, it made for the cutest tryout shirts I have ever seen :) )

Yeah, this whole situation seems like something I want to stay as far away from

Then why offer tuition breaks to a select few?

Apparently the gym needs people. The problem with letting kids cheer for free or giving some kids scholarships is when the other cheerleaders or their parents dont think it's fair that the gym values one kid over another. Once there's ONE exception, others want to be exceptions to the rule and gyms can't survive if everyone is cheering for free.

There shouldn't be any exceptions to the "Pay or dont cheer" rule if you ask me. It just causes problems.

Apparently the gym needs people. The problem with letting kids cheer for free or giving some kids scholarships is when the other cheerleaders or their parents dont think it's fair that the gym values one kid over another. Once there's ONE exception, others want to be exceptions to the rule and gyms can't survive if everyone is cheering for free.

There shouldn't be any exceptions to the "Pay or dont cheer" rule if you ask me. It just causes problems.
I agree, Trinity had a team compete last season so are any of them receiving this same treatment and if not I would be kinda upset

I think this is one of the things society fails at. Fact is life isn't always fair, and everyone CAN'T always get the same things others do. STOP worrying about what others get that you don't and just worry about being the best you can be. If you get something someone else doesn't great for you, if you don't there should be no love lost because you didn't have it in the first place!

Welp, I wish the best to both gyms but something still is not clean in the water.
I shall definitely enjoy the upcoming season
tumblr_m3cy0aj7GS1r76cts.gif

Back