All-Star Tsunami!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The first set of waves have hit california and luckily it was no where near as bad as it could have been. Prayers to everyone who has been affected by the disaster.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/03/11/tsunami.hawaii.japan.warning/index.html

Watch the water engulfing parts of Japan after the earthquake. The craziest part is there are buildings on fire being carried by the wave. It's simply terrifying what Mother Nature can really do!

These videos are so horrifying. :( I feel like I'm watching a movie--as I'm sitting here watching these cars driving and thinking "GO!!! Get out of the way!!!" And then the video cuts off. I think I don't want to know why. :(

Prayers go out to everyone in any country affected. I can't imagine having to live in a place where tsunamis could hit, it would be terrifying. I haven't heard any updates on California since before the tsunami was supposed to hit. Any updates?

On a side note I've heard so much about the tsunami today but still when I saw this topic I expected it would be about Maryland Marlins... I think my brain is just programmed to interpret everything for cheer.

It's here in so cal now, but it's not big waves it's a very strong under current so in the harbors you see the water turning brown and whirlpools which have caused boats to crash into eachother that are docked. the water level is rising but it's slow the beaches are closed and except for the crazies out there taking pictures we should all be fine.

It's here in so cal now, but it's not big waves it's a very strong under current so in the harbors you see the water turning brown and whirlpools which have caused boats to crash into eachother that are docked. the water level is rising but it's slow the beaches are closed and except for the crazies out there taking pictures we should all be fine.
I have relatives in CA, said that it kind of fizzled out and they did not have big waves.
Good to hear! Minus the crazies, there's some in every city!

Good to hear! Minus the crazies, there's some in every city!

Ha! everytime it rains someone gets swept away in some creek because they have to take pictures, nevermind that everytime it rains its all that's all that's covered on the news.

"Because Worlds is less than 50 days away"? Yes...we wouldn't want anyone to die before Worlds. After is fine though. Sorry...this just really rubbed me the wrong way. I'll be praying for everyone today.
Personally, I think if she wouldn't have said it at this time, it would have been funny. The first time I read it, it kinda rubbed me the wrong way, but I read over it, and sorta laughed. I feel like if she would have said in like a week or so "It's a good thing nothing to bad happened because Worlds.." and yada yada yada, it really would've funny. I don't think she meant to offend anyone.

Personally, I think if she wouldn't have said it at this time, it would have been funny. The first time I read it, it kinda rubbed me the wrong way, but I read over it, and sorta laughed. I feel like if she would have said in like a week or so "It's a good thing nothing to bad happened because Worlds.." and yada yada yada, it really would've funny. I don't think she meant to offend anyone.

I know she didn't mean to. It was just the timing. Many of us were just waking up to this, and were still trying to reach family and friends to make sure they were safe. And I think the ppl in California were still waiting in fear to see what would happen. I don't know if it would've been funny later or not...Just because it didn't turn out as bad as it could have, hundreds of people lost their lives. I never find it appropriate to make light of situations like this. Sorry that's just how I feel. But I know she didn't mean it maliciously. She's never been malicious or spiteful on here before so I know she wasn't trying here.

I know that there are many people in need right now but if everyone could please also pray for my friend Kevin Cho, he was in Iwate city, which is one of the cities that was hit really hard by the Tsunami. Hes been missing for about 12 hours now.

I have lots of family and friends all over the pacific...and many are already affected by both the tsunami & earthquake. I talked to a friend who just moved to Japan about 2 months ago (still in culture shock) and now literally in shock. The earthquake hit an 8.9 and was the 5th largest in history. :eek: I cannot even begin to imagine. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone.

Back