All-Star Tumbling Restrictions Now That Comps Have Started

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

flcheermom

Cheer Parent
Dec 14, 2009
Now that competitions have started, and videos are being posted - does anyone notice a big difference with the tumbling restrictions? - in terms of it affecting how you view routines? I had almost forgotten about it, but honestly I don't feel like it has made as big of an impact as I thought it would, after seeing a few routines. Maybe my view will change after seeing more routines that have high profile tumblers - but I just thought it was interesting :)

I will say- it seems the new way to get around the rule is to just throw a whip in between bounding passes. It really didn't do anything, which only proves to me this whole thing wasn't quite thought out that well..
I agree.. but after the many complaints from the original rule restrictions, I don't know what else they would have been able to do honestly.

well I can see putting a whip between twists...I mean its less stress on your ankles and legs than trying to do a bounding double double I cringe every time I see someone not finish their first double and go for a second when they land 1.75 around...and I personally think its prettier

I will say- it seems the new way to get around the rule is to just throw a whip in between bounding passes. It really didn't do anything, which only proves to me this whole thing wasn't quite thought out that well..

My friend double doubled at worlds 2012, this year he's double whip doubling.
This rules made everything so much safer -_-

Or, it just proves that the people it limited weren't the ones that we needed to worry about limiting.

well I can see putting a whip between twists...I mean its less stress on your ankles and legs than trying to do a bounding double double I cringe every time I see someone not finish their first double and go for a second when they land 1.75 around...and I personally think its prettier

If someone can't rebound properly, they won't be able to double whip double any easier than they can double double. Everyone I know who's had to make a change has said twist-whip-twist is more difficult than twist-twist
ETA I'm not saying this is everyone. Anyone with the natural ability to rebound well may actually find the whip in between helpful, but not many cheerleaders are gifted rebounders technically, they just can either pull a double really well or have a natural bounce (which does not mean they are technically rebounding properly)

Back