All-Star Uniform ???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

technically no one *has* to follow the new rule if they're okay with a deduction from every team's score... except without transparency who even knows if the EP deducted them since it's at their discretion.

I hope those who don't participate in the rule get penalized! Especially in 2016 when majority of bids r being given!
I agree, and I think when it comes to Summit bids you will see this happen. I know Summit has given a ton of wildcard bids already - have any of these teams who are not following the rule been given one?
I am hoping that since USASF created this rule they will follow it. The last thing we need are more rules created and not enforced.

I agree, and I think when it comes to Summit bids you will see this happen. I know Summit has given a ton of wildcard bids already - have any of these teams who are not following the rule been given one?
I am hoping that since USASF created this rule they will follow it. The last thing we need are more rules created and not enforced.
Especially when placement sometimes comes down to the tenths/hundredths point spread and a team gets a bid but not a deduction.

How is it that a gym is still getting away with little kids (not a senior team) wearing crop top uniforms??

I thought all teams outside of senior were required to be in a full top at this point?
Was it a sanctioned event? If it's not USASF Sanctioned, they don't have to follow USASF rules. If it was a sanctioned event, it's up to the safety judge to appoint the deduction. However, no one is going to advertise if their team received a deduction for their uniform...

We were at a large competition on the weekend and sitting way back by the judges we were sure that teams were in crop tops as you could see the belly buttons! It wasn't till one of them walked past us that we noticed that it was totally see-through!! Not nude material but totally transparent. Oh ya it had some sparkle to it...

There is an "image policy extension request" form on the USASF website. It's possible the gyms you're seeing did this. This is the paragraph above the form on the USASF website:

"Image Policy Extension Request
The final portion of the USASF Image Policy that requires full length uniform tops for Jr. age teams and younger began with the 2015-16 competition season. The policy will be enforced by Safety Judges assessing a deduction with a point value determined by each event producer.

While the policy is currently in effect, the USASF is aware that unforeseen manufacturing delays can sometimes cause uniforms to arrive after events early in the season, which may in turn cause some teams to be without a full length top option. If this situation occurs, the team should make every effort to wear an alternate full length top while waiting for their uniforms to arrive.

If that is not possible, we have provided an Image Policy Extension form that records details of the uniform delay and, once verified, will grant the team an extension through December 31, 2015 to become compliant. The form may be completed by the program owner, event producer or uniform company and submitted to the event producer where the team will be competing. "

It kind of sucks that this is an option... But I have yet to see a gym not comply with the new rules at any event I've been to this season. Programs had several years to prepare for this. My own gym had major issues with our conversion pieces for our Jr./sr crossovers and our quick fix was to go to Forever 21 and buy the 1.95 camisoles for the girls to wear so they could follow the rules.

The USASF has an extension policy, as noted above. Safety judges will give out deductions if a gym has not received and extension - they are not turning a blind eye, I promise, as safety judges who fail to perform their duties properly run the risk of losing their certification. Additionally, teams may be receiving deductions and you won't ever know about it - it isn't something that is announced. I know it is frustrating to parents and athletes from other programs who are complying with the image policy and may think another team is being unfairly treated, but please know that a lot goes on behind the scenes to make sure everyone is following all of the rules.

I'd like to see penalties for sexy choreography, but that's a whole different topic.
Oh yah, if you want that, then come here. QCF informed us that they would be strict about sexy dancing. You won't see any team from Quebec with body rubbing (I hope).

I don't remember which thread I saw it in, maybe the Summit bids one, but I read earlier there was a youth team with crop tops that got a bid.

ETA: Saw it in the parents forum

I'd like to see penalties for sexy choreography, but that's a whole different topic.

We were at a small semi-local comp this weekend and during one of the team's performances DH looked away so I looked up then looked away...I swear their entire dance section was 99% twerking.

Was it a sanctioned event? If it's not USASF Sanctioned, they don't have to follow USASF rules. If it was a sanctioned event, it's up to the safety judge to appoint the deduction. However, no one is going to advertise if their team received a deduction for their uniform...
No but they did post some score sheets showing zero deductions. Hmmmm I truly don't know.

Maybe they did get an extension? idk I just thought it was weird since this is only their 2nd season in existence. I don't understand why they didn't just start those teams in full tops. Weird to me but whatever.

We were at a small semi-local comp this weekend and during one of the team's performances DH looked away so I looked up then looked away...I swear their entire dance section was 99% twerking.
SMH. And I bet the parents were going crazy for it.

Back