All-Star Usasf 2015-2017 Cheer Safety Rules

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It's under the definition for spotter. It is now part of the definition that the spotter cannot also be a base in a 2 foot stunt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I read that as if they have the front hand on the foot and the back hand on wrist/ankle they are considered a spotter, not a base, which wouldn't make a show and go illegal. Is that wrong?

I read that as if they have the front hand on the foot and the back hand on wrist/ankle they are considered a spotter, not a base, which wouldn't make a show and go illegal. Is that wrong?
It now specifically says that in a 2 leg stunt the base of one of the legs cannot also be the spotter, no matter the grip.

2e567b189faeda49a78a50440c7e164a.jpg

It now specifically says that in a 2 leg stunt the base of one of the legs cannot also be the spotter, no matter the grip.

2e567b189faeda49a78a50440c7e164a.jpg

I guess I'm interpreting that line differently, glad I'm not a coach.

Supports, braces and soft casts which are unaltered from the manufacturer’s original design/production do not require any additional padding. Supports/braces and soft casts that have been altered from the manufacturer’s original design/production must be padded with a closed-cell, slow-recovery foam padding no less than one-half inch thick if the participant is involved in stunts, pyramids or tosses. A participant wearing a plaster cast or a walking boot must not be involved in stunts, pyramids, tumbling or tosses. --That's super specific wording, but I get it.

I worry athletes will request removable cast, remove cast, remove walking boot, etc. in order to compete.

Can someone explain how the definition of "floor stunt" in the glossary:
"Base lying on performance surface on their back with arm(s) extended. A “Floor Stunt” is a waist level stunt and as an added restriction this type of skill requires a spotter in levels 1 and 2,"
jives with the rule about stunt levels in Level 2:
"B. 1. Single leg stunts above prep level are not allowed. A single leg stunt may not pass above prep level. Clarification 1: Taking the top person in a single leg stunt above the head of the bases would be illegal. Clarification 2: If the primary bases squat, go to their knees or drop the overall height of the stunt while extending their arms, this skill would be considered extended and therefore illegal, regardless of the back spot’s positioning."

I guess I don't understand how lying on your back with your arms extended (in a lib position) is allowed while being on your knees with your arms extended is not allowed. I know there is a height difference there, but the base on the ground is also not in a position to move to protect themselves from someone stepping on their stomach.

Am I missing something? Do Level 1 and 2 teams do this kind of stunt?

Can I apply this logic to the other levels? I've (in general) applied that logic to other places - that a high-to-high tic-toc is illegal at L4 whether bases are on their feet or their knees. Can we high-to-high tic-toc in L4 when the bases are lying on the ground?

Can someone explain how the definition of "floor stunt" in the glossary:
"Base lying on performance surface on their back with arm(s) extended. A “Floor Stunt” is a waist level stunt and as an added restriction this type of skill requires a spotter in levels 1 and 2,"
jives with the rule about stunt levels in Level 2:
"B. 1. Single leg stunts above prep level are not allowed. A single leg stunt may not pass above prep level. Clarification 1: Taking the top person in a single leg stunt above the head of the bases would be illegal. Clarification 2: If the primary bases squat, go to their knees or drop the overall height of the stunt while extending their arms, this skill would be considered extended and therefore illegal, regardless of the back spot’s positioning."

I guess I don't understand how lying on your back with your arms extended (in a lib position) is allowed while being on your knees with your arms extended is not allowed. I know there is a height difference there, but the base on the ground is also not in a position to move to protect themselves from someone stepping on their stomach.

Am I missing something? Do Level 1 and 2 teams do this kind of stunt?

Can I apply this logic to the other levels? I've (in general) applied that logic to other places - that a high-to-high tic-toc is illegal at L4 whether bases are on their feet or their knees. Can we high-to-high tic-toc in L4 when the bases are lying on the ground?
I've seen teams do this stunt (the level 1 extended arms thing), The reason I think its legal is because it has a spotter behind it, and to that spotter, the stunt is below waist level, whereas with the level 2 stunt, if the bases are, lets say, sitting on one knee, it'd still be extended to all of them.

Here's a video of the level 1 stunt for anyone who hasn't seen it: (stunt is at :20 ish)

What about ACL braces and such? Are those going to be allowed?

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

Back