All-Star Usasf Release Waiver For Worlds

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ceacea

Cheer Parent
Jul 20, 2011
Is anyone else feeling the sting of the release waiver rule? I understand why it was put into place but there seems to be room for abuse with this rule. One of our teams is struggling with the sadness of not having a team member with them at worlds that has been with them most of the season. I’m not looking to start drama so pretty please do not name gyms or people. I am just wondering if anyone else is dealing with this issue.

An athlete we are close with is dealing with this, and I can only imagine how he feels right now. He'll be at Worlds, but not as a competitor with his new team that he's spent the last 3 months with. He knew that before joining the new team, though, so maybe the sting isn't quite as bad.

Our athlete knew there was a chance they would not be released but we were all hoping that since they were asked to leave their former gym (not for financial reasons) that the gym owner would decide to release them. Sadly they have decided not to. It's just so hard to see the whole team in pain.

Our athlete knew there was a chance they would not be released but we were all hoping that since they were asked to leave their former gym (not for financial reasons) that the gym owner would decide to release them. Sadly they have decided not to. It's just so hard to see the whole team in pain.

Aaaand, there's the loophole. And that's why there should be an appeal system in place. But I'm not starting that discussion...again.

Aaaand, there's the loophole. And that's why there should be an appeal system in place. But I'm not starting that discussion...again.

And I definitely am not looking to. I was just wondering if this was a widespread issue or if was just affecting a few select teams.

I said that when they first posted the waiver rule that under certain circumstances the usasf should ne able to release an athlete from a gym. I think if an athlete is asked to leave a program that gym should be requires to release the athlete as long as they do not owe money to that gym. why would anyone want to intentionally hurt an athlete. if you're a gym owner and you ask an athlete to leave obviously that athlete was not needed for the success of your program so why would u want to prevent the athlete from doing what they love somewhere else. the gym owner didn't want the athlete in their gym so why are they so afraid of that athlete joining a different gym why are they so dead set on taking the worlds experience away from an athlete that they don't need

How do you like this situation:
A gym owner known for not signing releases just last night replaced an athlete (who had been with the team for the whole season) for someone "better" who was kicked off their former team for behavior issues. Now what is this athlete/parent to do? How are they to react? It's too late to join another team (as most teams are closed) this late in the season (well besides this gyms). Why is it that the athlete is stuck to this place unless released by the gym owner but they can take your money and toss the athlete to the wind when they want. Not fair JMO!!!

If you are KICKED OUT of your gym, and not given the option to return or be on a lower level - It is an automatic release if the athlete can prove they were kicked out.

And to answer your question - a lot of athletes in the Chicago area are facing the sting on this one. One gym would only release certain athletes to certain gyms. Another gym just WONT release at all.

And to answer your question - a lot of athletes in the Chicago area are facing the sting on this one. One gym would only release certain athletes to certain gyms. Another gym just WONT release at all.
I hope people remember how each individual gym handled this when tryouts roll around...

That's a slap that could turn around and slap back.

I have always thought this was a silly rule in an industry/sport that is service based. There should be no "ownership" of any athletes that are not paid to perform but I won't get into that again.

I hope that everything works out for all the athletes and their new teams.

Back