All-Star Usasf Repays Varsity Loan In Full And Moving Offices.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Can you post it?

Of course!

From the USASF Board of Directors

Ten years ago several event producers, gyms, coaches and other industry professionals came together to create the USASF to unify and strengthen the All Star industry. Varsity Spirit Corporation was among those companies, providing the financial backing to start the organization.

The USASF Board of Directors is pleased to announce that the start up loan has been fully repaid. The USASF is deeply appreciative of Varsity for providing, at no interest, the $1.8MM needed to start the organization and of Varsity's patience in the 10 years it has taken to repay the loan. In addition, the Board has approved moving the USASF offices to a new location in Memphis after Worlds in 2014.

The focus of the USASF continues to be to support and enrich the lives of All Star athletes and members as we remain committed to the programs and initiatives that promote a safer environment and a positive image for our sport. We look forward to the ongoing collaboration of our members, volunteers and staff to carry forward our mission and strengthen All Star as a whole.

I don't want to seem like I'm a random cheerleader now for the USASF but I think it's important to give praise today on what has happened.

Tomorrow, mind you, we might find out there was a second loan or other things, but today we be grateful for progress.

Agreed. Paying off the loan and moving to their own space are both very big and positive steps in the right direction.

I don't want to seem like I'm a random cheerleader now for the USASF but I think it's important to give praise today on what has happened.

Tomorrow, mind you, we might find out there was a second loan or other things, but today we be grateful for progress.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
It's tomorrow...can we start picking yet? ;)

Email (slightly truncated)

WORLDS DIVISIONS

Division I & II Proposal

Last month the USASF updated members on a proposal that was brought to the Board of Directors to split the largest cheer divisions at Worlds based on gym size into Divisions I and II. After gathering input from gym owners, coaches and event producers, a number of wide ranging concerns were voiced that could mean unforeseen ramifications and be counter-productive to the original purpose of the proposal. As a result, the USASF has decided to fully explore and thoughtfully consider additional and/or alternative avenues that are best for the industry as a whole. New division proposals, small gym definition, and other related topics will continue to be discussed while more feedback is solicited to develop a more comprehensive solution for fair and healthy competition in gyms of all sizes.

WORLDS SCORING

Updating Worlds Score Sheets

The USASF is working with the Universal Score Sheet Committee to finalize the score sheets for the 2014 Cheerleading Worlds and will have them completed and posted online in mid-January, 2014.

The committee is working to fine-tune the Worlds scoring process to best represent a blend of the industry's current scoring philosophies and elements of a Universal Score Sheet that is being worked on within the USASF for future implementation.

WORLDS TRAVEL and INFO

Bid Packets Are Online

Travel and information packets for Worlds 2014 are available online now. If you've received a bid or are working for a bid, start reviewing and preparing now! Click here for more information.

WORLDS BID RECIPIENTS

Bid Watch is On!

The first Worlds bid giving event was held November 9-10!

Click here to watch the growing list of bid recipients.

I'm very intrigued by the Universal Scoresheet and the Universal Scoresheet Committee

It is well needed. Once we have a scoresheet it will actually be easier to put on competitions. Once the scoresheet itself isnt a differentiator between competitions the people who put on competitions can do them a lot more easily and successfully. I am very happy about this.

looking through the worlds packet - there's seems to be quite a few changes; i.e. all finals on monday (wish it were sunday - but glad all finals are the same day) and groups A and B for at large prelims in SS and SC and top 10 of each group going to semis.

of course most interested in the universal scoresheet. who is on this committee?

It is well needed. Once we have a scoresheet it will actually be easier to put on competitions. Once the scoresheet itself isnt a differentiator between competitions the people who put on competitions can do them a lot more easily and successfully. I am very happy about this.
I agree wholeheartedly. I'm just very intrigued.

looking through the worlds packet - there's seems to be quite a few changes; i.e. all finals on monday (wish it were sunday - but glad all finals are the same day) and groups A and B for at large prelims in SS and SC and top 10 of each group going to semis.

of course most interested in the universal scoresheet. who is on this committee?

My 8th grade self wants to answer: Your mom

The first thing I noticed in the bid packet is that US trials for the open teams is at Epcot this year. Hasn't it always been at WWOS in the past? It seems like staying off site and not buying the park hoppers has been a way for open teams to save money in the past, but now they're forcing people to buy the hopper needed to get into Epcot to compete.

The Fierce Board App!

Back