All-Star Usasf Repays Varsity Loan In Full And Moving Offices.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The first thing I noticed in the bid packet is that US trials for the open teams is at Epcot this year. Hasn't it always been at WWOS in the past? It seems like staying off site and not buying the park hoppers has been a way for open teams to save money in the past, but now they're forcing people to buy the hopper needed to get into Epcot to compete.

The Fierce Board App!

It is a way to eliminate those that arent serious and staying off site.

It is a way to eliminate those that arent serious and staying off site.

I absolutely agree that is a possible outcome, I'm just not sure it will actually be the result. In my mind there are probably 5-7 American teams in each division competing for the top three places, a handful more trying to make top 10, and the rest are there so the gym can say "we took 75929 teams to worlds last year!" (This is different from the just for fun exhibition teams who compete once a year at Big Al's Barnyard Nationals.) In all of the groups at worlds, if a team wants to go, they'll find somebody willing to pay. The elite teams will be there no matter what and the "there for the experience" teams will find a Suzy's mom who can afford to buy her way onto a team if the college student can't afford the extra $300. I just feel like there are enough slightly crazy people in this sport willing to throw money at whatever it takes to compete at worlds because we've made it into the end all be all.

Something else that caught my eye is that one of the finals sessions will be Monday evening on the baseball field? Page 14 question 6. Is this going to be actual competition or just awards? I'm definitely interested to hear more about this because I think it could be really good or reallllly bad.

The Fierce Board App!

I absolutely agree that is a possible outcome, I'm just not sure it will actually be the result. In my mind there are probably 5-7 American teams in each division competing for the top three places, a handful more trying to make top 10, and the rest are there so the gym can say "we took 75929 teams to worlds last year!" (This is different from the just for fun exhibition teams who compete once a year at Big Al's Barnyard Nationals.) In all of the groups at worlds, if a team wants to go, they'll find somebody willing to pay. The elite teams will be there no matter what and the "there for the experience" teams will find a Suzy's mom who can afford to buy her way onto a team if the college student can't afford the extra $300. I just feel like there are enough slightly crazy people in this sport willing to throw money at whatever it takes to compete at worlds because we've made it into the end all be all.

Something else that caught my eye is that one of the finals sessions will be Monday evening on the baseball field? Page 14 question 6. Is this going to be actual competition or just awards? I'm definitely interested to hear more about this because I think it could be really good or reallllly bad.

The Fierce Board App!

In your example then it is a very smart thing to do because everyone is going to pay the price increase and they will make more money. In this situation they be charging as much as the market will bear. I don't 'want' them to do that, but that is what they should do. As long as people are willing to pay they will keep going.

In your example then it is a very smart thing to do because everyone is going to pay the price increase and they will make more money. In this situation they be charging as much as the market will bear. I don't 'want' them to do that, but that is what they should do. As long as people are willing to pay they will keep going.

Again, I completely agree that it makes sense from a business perspective. I was never saying it was a bad thing, just a large change that may or may not have noticeable impacts for the open aged crowd. Since I fall into that age group, I tend to look for those things first.

The Fierce Board App!

Again, I completely agree that it makes sense from a business perspective. I was never saying it was a bad thing, just a large change that may or may not have noticeable impacts for the open aged crowd. Since I fall into that age group, I tend to look for those things first.

The Fierce Board App!

With the barriers to entry going up it means the best teams will have more separation from the crowd.

The best athletes know the cost to participate has gone up dramatically. Unless someone is willing to pay for them (I highly advice everyone to not pay for athletes, leads to trouble) then those best athletes will only seek out the best teams. If it takes that much money to participate they will only think it worth the venture if they have a good shot at success (which if you are really good is winning).

looking through the worlds packet - there's seems to be quite a few changes; i.e. all finals on monday (wish it were sunday - but glad all finals are the same day) and groups A and B for at large prelims in SS and SC and top 10 of each group going to semis.

of course most interested in the universal scoresheet. who is on this committee?

I assume the AL teams will be randomaly placed in groups A and B. Does anyone foresee similar scoring in both groups or will it be like Cheersport where one team in grp A would be 12th and then in grp B they would be 3rd? Hopefully this will not be too much of an issue.

Last edited:

The Fierce Board App!

It appears there's a competition on the baseball field. I'd be rips**t if that were my team.

The Fierce Board App!

Weird, I took a quick glance through the packet the other day and didn't even see that (didn't look very hard though). So what does this mean. If we pay $290 as a commuter, we don't have to pay to get into Epcot to compete, right? But any spectators would have to unless they're on the world's package.

ETA: They're totally going to put the large divisions on the baseball field I bet. More seats.

Last edited:
The first thing I noticed in the bid packet is that US trials for the open teams is at Epcot this year. Hasn't it always been at WWOS in the past? It seems like staying off site and not buying the park hoppers has been a way for open teams to save money in the past, but now they're forcing people to buy the hopper needed to get into Epcot to compete.

The Fierce Board App!

Did I miss something in the package 'cause I'm not seeing this?

Did I miss something in the package 'cause I'm not seeing this?

http://usasf.net.ismmedia.com/ISM2//Worlds/2014/docs/USASF_14_Worlds_CH_TravelBook.pdf

Page 2 at the bottom:

"Dance Worlds Preliminary Competition and U.S. Worlds Trials at Epcot’s World Showplace Pavilion"

@ashscott41 It costs $290 to compete and that includes a 3 day park hopper. Being at Epcot doesn't make it any more expensive.

The downside is that now you're forced to use one day of your park hopper to compete. Getting in and out of ESPN doesn't count towards your park hopper days.

http://usasf.net.ismmedia.com/ISM2//Worlds/2014/docs/USASF_14_Worlds_CH_TravelBook.pdf

Page 2 at the bottom:

"Dance Worlds Preliminary Competition and U.S. Worlds Trials at Epcot’s World Showplace Pavilion"

@ashscott41 It costs $290 to compete and that includes a 3 day park hopper. Being at Epcot doesn't make it any more expensive.

The downside is that now you're forced to use one day of your park hopper to compete. Getting in and out of ESPN doesn't count towards your park hopper days.

I'm also assuming large divisions will be at the baseball stadium, but competing outside at night seems potentially dangerous. If they decide to use the stadium floodlights that could still create some problems if teams aren't used to it. I'm glad they're at least trying something new to help with the overcrowding, but if not executed correctly, it could be a disaster.

@Ashley I'm 99% certain that yes if you buy the $295 commuter package, it includes entry to everything you need to compete and watch all sessions of competition. There is an option on page 26 for a $220 hopper, but I have no idea what all that entails. Neither include transportation or block party so I'm lost about what the extra $75 goes towards. I'm thinking maybe is that just considered your entry fee required to compete and the $220 option is for spectators? Who knows. I'm not even competing; I'm just weirdly analytical and get a strange enjoyment out of looking at things like this and wondering how they can make something that seems so straightforward so complicated.

The Fierce Board App!

I'm also assuming large divisions will be at the baseball stadium, but competing outside at night seems potentially dangerous. If they decide to use the stadium floodlights that could still create some problems if teams aren't used to it. I'm glad they're at least trying something new to help with the overcrowding, but if not executed correctly, it could be a disaster.

@Ashley I'm 99% certain that yes if you buy the $295 commuter package, it includes entry to everything you need to compete and watch all sessions of competition. There is an option on page 26 for a $220 hopper, but I have no idea what all that entails. Neither include transportation or block party so I'm lost about what the extra $75 goes towards. I'm thinking maybe is that just considered your entry fee required to compete and the $220 option is for spectators? Who knows. I'm not even competing; I'm just weirdly analytical and get a strange enjoyment out of looking at things like this and wondering how they can make something that seems so straightforward so complicated.

I'm on an open team and a lot of my teammates have done the commuter package in the past. The extra $75 would be your comp fee (though let's be serious, the pass doesn't cost the USASF $220). The $220 park hopper is for friends and family and spectators who aren't staying at Disney but want to see you compete and go to the parks with you.

I thought that the U.S. worlds trials part referred to the International division of the dance worlds, and not the cheer worlds.

Does dance have a US Trials? There is a separate Dance packet, so if it wasn't referring to cheer I'm not sure why it would be in the packet.

Last edited:
Is it publicly known who participated to brainstorm & create the Universal Scoring System?

Back