All-Star Varsity Announces The Triple Crown Championship

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This seems like it's a benefit only to the EP's not to gyms or families. Let's face it, now that all 3 events are owned by Varsity, they don't want to split attendance between Cheersport and NCA. Seems as simple as that.

At least this one isn't invite only and limited to level 5.

True! But coming from the "other" coast, it feels pretty exclusionary (most of cheer does, so I guess it doesn't surprise me.) That is probably a separate discussion however.

People were already calling this the Triple Crown, so I'm not sure how it's exclusionary.
The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Exclusionary in the sense of giving it the "official" title. Honestly, it's probably from my own feeling that the "other" side of the country seems to be the red-headed step child of cheer (minus a mega name and a few big names). Even then, I doubt many of the west coast programs attend all three competitions. On the flip side, it is rare to see a gym come out west from the East Coast. I know some have, but usually a couple of teams.

And in my most recent post above, I meant exclusionary in the sense that a majority of the "big" competitions take place out east (and Texas) including Worlds, and now the Majors, Champions League (for now), etc. I realize it is based on supply / demand, though I often wonder how demand would be affected by bringing Worlds to the West Coast for example.

Triple Crown Championship

Points based on placements at NCA, UCA, and Cheersport. Teams with the most points in each division gets stuff.

Also looks like there will be a TV special for teams in Large Senior. They get to compete for money for a cause.

I wonder how many teams actually compete at all 3.
Point system.. is this cheer or colle football bcs?

Exclusionary in the sense of giving it the "official" title. Honestly, it's probably from my own feeling that the "other" side of the country seems to be the red-headed step child of cheer (minus a mega name and a few big names). Even then, I doubt many of the west coast programs attend all three competitions. On the flip side, it is rare to see a gym come out west from the East Coast. I know some have, but usually a couple of teams.

And in my most recent post above, I meant exclusionary in the sense that a majority of the "big" competitions take place out east (and Texas) including Worlds, and now the Majors, Champions League (for now), etc. I realize it is based on supply / demand, though I often wonder how demand would be affected by bringing Worlds to the West Coast for example.

i cant imagine people being happy about worlds being in the west coast, especially parents who have to foot the bill, considering the majority of teams come from texas and east of texas. in all honestly theres no win win kind of location for any team other then having comps. in texas in my opinion.

i think the triple crown thing wont work, yes many teams attend nca and worlds, but cheersport in my opinion isnt as well attended, i could be wrong though.

i cant imagine people being happy about worlds being in the west coast, especially parents who have to foot the bill, considering the majority of teams come from texas and east of texas. in all honestly theres no win win kind of location for any team other then having comps. in texas in my opinion.

i think the triple crown thing wont work, yes many teams attend nca and worlds, but cheersport in my opinion isnt as well attended, i could be wrong though.

Yep, I agree with you. This is also my point about west coast teams (or anyone west of Texas.) It gets tiring footing the bill to Orlando (or Dallas, or Atlanta.) :) I think I would faint if I had to shell out for all three (hence why I think the "Triple Crown" title can be exclusionary.)

You're wrong :p - Cheersport had a massive amount of teams the past few years- seriously, it's huge. That's the competition where in multiple divisions they have Div A and B (and they're both pretty packed). It's UCA that isn't as well attended.

This looks like it will be a "championship" of the 6-10 teams that attend all three. I am not sure how that will mean anything to anyone.

This looks like another example of how this is not a sport. . .it's very much an industry trying any new way possible to make money off of the participants.

I must have missed the part where it is:

1. required since everyone is crying about the cost.
2. exclusionary since everyone is crying about who can't go.

As I mentioned, those three comps have been called this for some time now. I don't see this announcement changing anyone's plans. If you want to participate, fine. If not, fine.

You're wrong :p - Cheersport had a massive amount of teams the past few years- seriously, it's huge. That's the competition where in multiple divisions they have Div A and B (and they're both pretty packed). It's UCA that isn't as well attended.

Cheersport and NCA are tied with the same number of worlds bids - which is based solely on number of attendants. I think that NCA last year passed Cheersport for most teams, but before that Cheersport was the biggest competition of the season. To say that it's not as well attended is just silly.

Cheersport and NCA are tied with the same number of worlds bids - which is based solely on number of attendants. I think that NCA last year passed Cheersport for most teams, but before that Cheersport was the biggest competition of the season. To say that it's not as well attended is just silly.

The max is based on the number of teams. EPs don't have to offer the max.

I thought she was saying UCA is not as well attended as Cheersport or NCA. That was my feeling as well when I first read the Triple Crown Announcement - that Varsity was trying to lure some teams back to UCA.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Back