All-Star Varsity Announces The Triple Crown Championship

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Does CEA do a lot of fundraising for their travel teams?

Not a lot at all. There are a few families that requested a few fundraisers (not the sleepover, another one) and are doing those. The sleepover was just a fun idea....if they make a little all the better. We're doing a raffle at the Showcase and all our teams have booths or raffles or drawings so that's not unusual.

If they changed the venue of UCA, this may work better...but without major incentives I can't imagine this will be as big as Varsity wants it to be.

Also, the giving of money to a charity for only one category seems odd. Why not give money to the winnings of the Triple Crown of each level? It would make more sense to the outside who is flipping through channels, happens to lock on and see one team randomly giving money to charity.

And, just out of...I don't know, curiosity, let's say no team in any division takes 1st place at all 3 events then what? I didn't see what would happen in that event accept in the points race---would there just not be a Triple Crown Champion in that division?

We received an "invite" to join the Triple Crown back in August. I will assume this info was probably presented to the gym owners back then. Unfortunately, in the letter we received, it stated that while it is a great honor to be "invited" we would not be able to join in as our competition schedule had already been set and it was not really "fair" to the parents to add an additional 2 travel comps so late in the season. I am thinking next year might be a different situation though...

The skeptic in me is coming out and there was a good question raised in another thread. I am against this Triple Crown event. I feel it tarnishes NCA's reputation somewhat by putting them in the same category as CheerSport. I also feel that overall in allstar cheer, judging is subjective enough and there have been enough questions raised over the legitimacy of the sport and placements. Having an overall winner of 3 separate events AND making a marketing push for this "Triple Crown" will not help these issues. I realize this is not a concern for Varisty at all, but to the consumer and general public, so I understand why Varsity would not take this into consideration, but if I was a team that did not buy into the Triple Crown I may have some concern that I would be at a disadvantage, particularly if other teams in my division not only participated, but got "compensation" to do so.
ETA: Given 2 of the 3 events are fairly close to each other, it gives certain gyms an advantage to attend by making it easier/more economical. It entails 3 flights for many and one flight for others. It also has the potential to price families out of cheer if gyms feel that they need to attend all 3 in order to remain competitive.

Last edited:
Ssssoooo if the LAG team that wins the Triple Crown happens to win all three events (including NCA), is the Triple Crown worth losing worlds? (NCA Curse) At least its all for charity! The TGLC story was so good to hear on the varsity video.
I would personally LOVE for F5 to win the Triple Crown (win all three) and break the curse......Panthers would be my 2nd choice. haha.
#teamblueblackandwhite

Is it confirmed that there is compensation for teams to participate? Or is it just the television coverage and merch swag that we are talking about?

Is it confirmed that there is compensation for teams to participate? Or is it just the television coverage and merch swag that we are talking about?
the question had been asked. It has not been confirmed, but it has not been denied.

From CSP

The enticing part for us is that each event carries weight and each placement matters. A team could win the triple crown by getting 2nd consistently at all 3 over teams who might win 1 and not place as well at the other 2.

LAG has always been either you won or you didn't. Getting 2nd or 3rd at this level with so many skilled and talented teams is an accomplishment. This contest rewards that.

We're very proud to represent the LAG division in the Triple Crown Events.

*****As a parent, I'll say that most of us went to UCA last year with our crossover teams, so to us this isn't an addition to our schedule. We also did Cheersport for year's so again, to me personally, addingit back into our schedule wasn't shocking. And, both are within driving distance which definitely helps! Just my 2 cents!

From CSP

The enticing part for us is that each event carries weight and each placement matters. A team could win the triple crown by getting 2nd consistently at all 3 over teams who might win 1 and not place as well at the other 2.

LAG has always been either you won or you didn't. Getting 2nd or 3rd at this level with so many skilled and talented teams is an accomplishment. This contest rewards that.

We're very proud to represent the LAG division in the Triple Crown Events.

*****As a parent, I'll say that most of us went to UCA last year with our crossover teams, so to us this isn't an addition to our schedule. We also did Cheersport for year's so again, to me personally, addingit back into our schedule wasn't shocking. And, both are within driving distance which definitely helps! Just my 2 cents!
Is it a legit title then if a team can come in 2nd at all 3 comps and be called the Triple Crown winner? Or does this possibly lessen the pressure on the judges to reward the same team with 1st place at all three comps as previous posters alluded to?

Is it a legit title then if a team can come in 2nd at all 3 comps and be called the Triple Crown winner? Or does this possibly lessen the pressure on the judges to reward the same team with 1st place at all three comps as previous posters alluded to?

From the website it looked like there is a Triple Crown Champion and then Triple Crown Points Race but they seem like two different things which is what is confusing to me.

hasnt Varsity heard of the NCA curse in large senior........

i could have this totally wrong, but i think the goal is to place top 3 at all 3 comps. not necessarily win 1st at all three.

I would hope there is never pressure on judges to give a placement a team didn't earn.

Great question...which I don't have an answer to.

Back