All-Star What Is The Cheerleader Lifestyle?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

this is for parents athletes and coaches you dont realize it but all of sudden your whole wardrobe is becoming the colors of your gym!!!

The "rookie" cheer moms at our gym always make fun of me for this. I just smile and think...just you wait, you too will soon be like me!

Having more cheer music on your iPod than regular music.

Hearing a song on the radio and automatically thinking it would be great for opening stunt, pyramid, tumbling, etc.

Feeling naked if your ponytail doesn't have a bow.

Wearing spandex underneath everything.

Doing homework in the car while driving over an hour to practice and thinking its totally normal.

truer words have never been spoken

for me my cheer style has always been sitting in a quiet class room with the ipod blaring teams music and marking the motions in your head or so you think until someone pokes you asking what on earth your doing

My cheer lifestyle... Working full time to pay for my 11 hour travel weekly for cheer practice.

once your done cheering due to an injury or just not having the time any more you realize that even if you cant cheer anymore you are still a true cheerleader at heart and will never lose the love for the sport ..... and even if you cant cheer you still are up to date on the cheer mixes and who is on top of their division

ooh, i forgot this one...when im out and i hear a song i have done a dance to, i have to stop myself from doing the motions to the dance...this happens a lot at weddings and concerts!!

- Instead of making youtube vids of you singing like your friends you make a youtube vid of your fave teams stunt sequence.
- You are on fierceboard more then facebook.
- Your facebook "family" are you teammates.
- Over half of your closet is competition tshirts and hoodies.

I saw someone tweet about how cheerleading isn't just a sport... it is a lifestyle. And it got me thinking... what are the different parts of the lifestyle?

The bow buying, tape on your nfinity's to hold them together, gym ratting, pushing through injuryian, stalking on fierce boardin lifestyle.

They are right is a lifestyle... personaly i wake up in the morning ready to take on an challange put towards me, i run for about 20 minutes and do a quick workout. Then in the school year i go to school, come home, do my homework. Go to cheer practice, come home work out some more then go to sleep so i can wake up and be ready to do that all over agian <3

1. Having drawers of cheer clothes and a half of a drawer of regular clothes (I have reg. clothes in my closet though lol)
2. Having more time for cheer than hanging out with your friends
3. Telling friends and family to watch the teams I'm obsessed with
4. Marking different routines in my head in class
5. Random stretches and tumbling
6. Know more cheer music than I do regular music
7. All my school supplies have something cheer
8. Searching on YouTube for cheer videos for hours and staying on Fierceboard all day :)

Latest posts

Back