When Did You Start All Star Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My daughter has been cheering since she was 3, however this is her first year in Allstar. She is 9 now. Her gym is middle sized, I guess. Around 125 athletes and very competitive.

My cp started at 4 with a show team. She loved it and took it very very seriously, however they had 26 (most being age 3) on the team with ONE coach and I refused to go watch because it was such a fiasco. I knew she was serious then, though and that we were in for the long haul because she was very driven and practices constantly, etc

The next season she was on a mini 1. I think our gym had 3 or 4 teams at the time. So, it was a fairly small gym.

She's now 9 and starting her 5th competitive season and is super duper into cheer. she downloads cheer mixes to her iPod, she is always on YouTube watching videos. She plans to cheer in college, and coach and open her own gym someday.

I'm new to this forum. My DD12 started this year in a half-year team after doing recreation cheer competition since 3rd grade. She's now going to do the rec team in the fall and the full year AllStar team mainly because we had already committed to the rec comp team.

My older daughter started when she was 12, but my little one started at 5.....world of a difference??? My older one never really clicked, but the little one is a LIFER!!!

I just started last year, age 15, wayy to late!
but after one season, i'm now a level 3 :) not bad for not knowing how to do a cartwheel a year ago!

I started when I was 13. I do type of allstar, but we compeate 3 or 4 times a year and have 2 shows so it's a little different. I'm elite(lvl 5) in Norway. and our style is more collegelike and our inspiration is Team USA:)

My senior year! I didn't make my high school squad due to a fixed try out after being on varsity my junior year and being one of three girls with tumbling. I tried out for an All Star Senior 4 team, made it and went on to cheer D1 college. Wish I had quit high school earlier and did my all star squad instead because I loved it.

I started a few months ago, aged 18. Wish I'd started sooner!
Back at you... My daughter started later than many of her middle school teammates -- but it is never TOO Late! We realized that she needed tumbling to make it in High School and maybe even in our middle school -- just because it is that competitive. But she is now starting her 2nd year tumbling is already throwing her layout.

We are blessed to have an awesome new gym and awesome coaches. I sometimes just get tears in my eyes just feeling so lucky to be in an area with the talent we are so incredibly lucky!! Find your place, keep working hard and find wonderful, talented coaches and you will fly high! ;)

Keep cheering, keep stretching and keep tumbling! I truly believe my daughter has progressed so quickly because she really loves it and doesn't want to miss a day of practice or open gym days.

Good Luck and take good care!!

When I was 14 :) talk about late....
I SERIOUSLY wish I'd started when I was younger like pretty much everyone else who's AMAZING now! Definitely regret it, but loving the sport nonetheless!

Back