All-Star Worlds 2014 - Day 1 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Maybe I'm just real nice this morning but these teams don't look as tragic (still are though) as last year prelims.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
I actually agree last year I sat there clutching the cushion on my couch rocking back and forwards saying oh golly in an almost continuous fashion whereas today oh they weren't too bad who are they that was a nice surprise

Super dumb question, I did the brackets for each division and some I just made up.

I just want to clarify the only thing we really know if we get points for or get right on our bracket as of now is for the ones we picked the 5 at large bid winners that would move on to day 2? There is nothing else we could determine if right or wrong on our bracket at this point in time correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super dumb question, I did the brackets for each division and some I just made up.

I just want to clarify the only thing we really know if we get points for or get right on our bracket as of now is for the ones we picked the 5 at large bid winners that would move on to day 2? There is nothing else we could determine if right or wrong on our bracket at this point in time correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, that's it so far

My brackets are not good right now.. well the medium coed one i got all five but the other two i only got two out of five teams.. next year i probably should be realistic not just putting teams that i love on there.. but well..

Yes. You must buy the live feed. Order of Roku Operations:
1) Have a Roku
2) Set up Roku to tv
3) Purchase a livestream/vod package from USASF.com
4) Turn on Roku and go to Roku Channel Search to find the USASF channel
5) Install the channel to your Roku
6) Open USASF channel
7) Highlight/select livestream option
8) Get code displayed on screen
9) On your computer/tablet, go to usasfapps.com
10) Login with the same email/password used for your livestream/vod subscription
11) Input code displayed on tv screen into box shown
12) Wait for it to connect
13) It will list your Roku device as an authorized device added
Troubleshooting: If it doesn't sync automatically (the TV will refresh when it does and livestreams will be available for viewing), refresh your browser.

Happy Viewing!
What I've done:
1) went to computerstore just around the block and bought a little cable that costed less than 10$
2)bought usasf livestream/vod combo
3)opened laptop after putting it on the table
4)connected laptop to tv with the cable i got in the store
5) plugged in my speakers which I own since 1995, to my laptop
6)logged in to the livestream
7) sit back, relax and enjoy:)
So much easier I think (ruko doesnt even excist where I live)

I would think Small Coed is all one division. They should all be scored against each other for the true best 20 to move on. My CP aged out 3 years ago but we still watch. Guess that's why we always preferred NCA to Cheersport.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

The scoring at worlds is comparative. That means there is no set rubric what skill will score how many points/or what point range. The problem with comparative score is judge bias - this means that the later a team goes, the higher its points are going to be. This already happens in divisions with less than 20 teams. The bigger a division, the more bias you'll have. If you now would put all Small Coed teams in one division and then let the best 20 teams advance, teams that compete early in the day almost don't even have to make the trip down to worlds, because their result will be too low to advance - simply because of the fact that they went on early.
Having two divisions therefore is already better than only having one. Yes, there may be a team or two that would've advanced were they in a different division. But there may also be a team or two that would've advanced if they went on later in the day. And remember: this is based on a random drawing of balls with numbers on them.

After catching up with the performances I missed yesterday, I'll give my two cents:
1) flyer on far right with bob from cheer savannah lady Obession should be point without a doubt and I'm still in love with those butt bows
2) loved lady elites routine! Very impressed with how fair they have come this season
3) same can be said for Junglecats, wow what an improvement. I secretly love those uniforms even though it is capris!

After catching up with the performances I missed yesterday, I'll give my two cents:
1) flyer on far right with bob from cheer savannah lady Obession should be point without a doubt and I'm still in love with those butt bows
2) loved lady elites routine! Very impressed with how fair they have come this season
3) same can be said for Junglecats, wow what an improvement. I secretly love those uniforms even though it is capris!
Agreed! Lady Elite and Jungle Cats defiantly pleasantly surprised me last night...and how about Jenee Cruises sister Jaiden holding it down on Lady Elite!

Im testing out mobile for tomorrow. Is there a way you can switch it to only one video playing at a time?

Hi sorry for such a late reply!

I always had it only on one video at a time, the player has tabs along the top for Jostens, Epcot, HP and Arena and you select a tab, press play and it brings it up full screen.
To switch you just click done and you can select another tab.

That's on iPhone btw.
Mobile was great for my all day, hoping for same today!

The Fierce Board App! ||

i cant believe cali sparkle got 5th at thE END. THEY did so good. and was 1st at the beginning. my new cheer coach performed on this team, at least she can say she performed with cali. thats always been my dream.

Latest posts

Back