All-Star Worlds 2014: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

From what I could tell the feed issues were pretty much based on the speed of your internet connection. I have crappy internet at work, it buffered almost constantly in the office. I barely got to watch one full routine. At my apartment though it only buffered every 10 minutes or so. Overall it could probably be beefed up. For the amount we pay for it it shouldn't buffer at all.

First time spectator and I was utterly disappointed with the way things ran in the Milk House. We sat outside in the blazing sun for almost an hour and a half waiting to get in while swarms of people were coming out. On top of that people were cutting the line left and right. My daughter and I had finally made it to the front of the line and were stopped. A girl and 2 of her friends wearing Rock Solid shirts walked right into the line next to us. I was like like, "Oh no you don't!" Her mom was standing right there and said, "Oh don't worry they'll never let them in." To which I said, "Excuse me? She shouldn't even be trying." There were parents behind me that NEVER made it in and ended up using the VIP only line after over 2 hours and this little jerk and her friends indeed made it in right behind me. Add to that there were empty seats ALL over the place once I got inside. What a joke it is that they can charge people $40 and never let them inside. What other sporting event gets away with such nonsense?

Editing this to say.....I happened to end up in the row behind the cutting offenders inside and even after all the announcements stating no seat saving they had 5 or 6 seats with backpacks on them. :banghead:

On another note if anyone from the Rock Solid program is interested I have pics of them. The "ringleader" was so rude and if it were my program I'd want to know who it was.

Last edited:
I took a chance and shelled out $50 for a roku stick and it ended up being the best decision ever. The live feed was flawless through roku, it didn't buffer, lag or have any issues at all!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

From what I could tell the feed issues were pretty much based on the speed of your internet connection. I have crappy internet at work, it buffered almost constantly in the office. I barely got to watch one full routine. At my apartment though it only buffered every 10 minutes or so. Overall it could probably be beefed up. For the amount we pay for it it shouldn't buffer at all.

It wasn't consistent for everyone I have amazing internet and had feed issues all weekend. It was either HD and would cut out or low quality and smooth. I believe there needed to be more CDNs to help out.

All I have is good. Since I'm a two year newbie, I'm not knowledgable enough yet to complain intelligently. I can't begin to tell everyone how much I enjoyed this past weekend. I had a constant smile on my face, bouncing back and forth from watching all the great routines and reading hilarious posts on the forum. I read hundreds and still couldn't keep up. To feel everyone's joy, sorry, anxiety, concern and hope really made me understand more than ever what cheer is all about. Thanks to all of you.
On one sour note: This morning on the news, I heard folks debating (once again!), whether or not cheer was a true sport. Geesh. If they would just watch Worlds.

I can completely understand how the kids a) wouldn't know where their teammates are 24/7 and b) the whole cheerleb thing is way overboard and ridiculous.
However, to say that it's "just cheerleading" is not true. If these kids were just cheerleaders, they wouldn't be competing at WDW at worlds. It isn't ordinary for everyone. If it were just cheerleading, everyone could do it, let alone make a level 5 worlds team and have the money and skill to be at WDW performing alongside your kids and all the other talented ones who trained hard for their spots. I guess that saying it's just cheerleading probably bothers me the most because I go to work and bust my butt to be able to afford allstar cheer for my cp who may or may not eventually have level 5 skills and dreams of cheering on Coed Elite one day. I literally will go without so that she can have every opportunity to succeed, and I have gone without. So to say it's just cheerleading is like saying that calculus is just math, or that astrophysics is just science.
I may have taken that completely the wrong way, and please correct me if I did.

I'm thinking you did.

I don't think any of us work any harder than anyone else. The tealtour has me looking for a new job this year and I make decent money. I think we all bust our a$$ to provide this opportunity for our kids. I go without myself. Having two compete at this level is brutal (ridiculously so) on the bank account.

But there is no excuse for people to completely lose their minds over other people. I don't care if it's a cheerleader, a singer, a pro football player. When you are screaming like a beiber fan, crying about to wet yourself because you're in the same building with (and can see) a "cheerlebrity" from 200 yards away...that's not normal. Frankly I don't think it's normal at a rock concert either. Screaming to songs you like, responding when they engage the crowd is one thing. Totally losing your mind and becoming a blubbering mass of snot and tears is ridiculous. Get a hold of yourself. I'm not sure there's any person on the planet that is deserving of that kind of insane adoration. Were all just people. These kids happen to have a particular skill set that makes them stand out on their teams. That's awesome for them. But it doesn't give a license for people to be ride, discourteous, entitled or downright hysterical over it.

the entitled attitude some parents and kids have because they've followed a kid on IG long enough to feel they know them is also not grounds to demand they stop whatever they're doing at whatever time because that parent/child has deemed they're "entitled" to a photo op at that exact moment. That's not acceptable. I saw a number of kids all but mugged for a picture with no regard for what they were doing or who they were with. Parents need to teach their kids some manners and common courtesy. Yes, it's perfectly acceptable to be a fan of these kids and admire what they do. It's not acceptable to fail to use common courtesy and manners when interacting with a perfect stranger.

Because the bottom line is they're just kids...like your kid...my kid...the kid that plays baseball next door. Outside of that, they're just people. My point in saying "it's just cheerleading" is to say people need to keep a perspective on these things and keep it in balance. Nothing more. I have an unknown kid on a popular team and an unknown kid on an unknown team so none of this applies to me or them outside of it being an opportunity to teach my kids how to treat people since (at least he) sees a fair amount of unbalanced, poor perspective type people chasing around his teammates like they're the second coming.

That sort of behavior is the "ugly." It's unnecessary.

Because the bottom line is they're just kids...like your kid...my kid...the kid that plays baseball next door. Outside of that, they're just people. My point in saying "it's just cheerleading" is to say people need to keep a perspective on these things and keep it in balance. Nothing more. I have an unknown kid on a popular team and an unknown kid on an unknown team so none of this applies to me or them outside of it being an opportunity to teach my kids how to treat people since (at least he) sees a fair amount of unbalanced, poor perspective type people chasing around his teammates like they're the second coming.

Can your kids be fierceboardlebrities? Every time I happen to see them in the routine video/JTV video I'm like - "Heyyyyyyy Its 12step's cheer prince/princess!"

Guilty :p:wasntme:

This isn't a very pressing matter, I'm just quite interested to know - genuine question for someone who knows about servers and such (Hi @King !) :

My live feed on mobile ran smoothly all weekend in HD in all venues. I didn't have any buffering or skipping issues like others had.
My question is, is that :

a) because it was the mobile feed and not desktop
b) because the internet connection in the UK being better than USA (although I live in student accommodation where I estimate at least 90-100 people are using the wifi at any one time)
c) because I just got lucky.

Can your kids be fierceboardlebrities? Every time I happen to see them in the routine video/JTV video I'm like - "Heyyyyyyy Its 12step's cheer prince/princess!"

Guilty :p:wasntme:
I think the only ones who even know what they look like are my friends from IG or Facebook. Cp14 is @9PanelDiva but she's never on here.

I'm good with anonymity. Someone actually asked cp14 for a pic (they were from a foreign team) this weekend and she was dumbfounded.

Who me?

And he'll get an occasional request when he's in uniform but I guarantee it probably gets posted as "me with a random coed elite kid!" Lmao. I'm good with that!

I do love it when all the teams are socializing together. The mosh pit of large coed kids on the grass hill looked like an IG fest last night. I love that.

I think the only ones who even know what they look like are my friends from IG or Facebook. Cp14 is @9PanelDiva but she's never on here.

I'm good with anonymity. Someone actually asked cp14 for a pic (they were from a foreign team) this weekend and she was dumbfounded.

Who me?

And he'll get an occasional request when he's in uniform but I guarantee it probably gets posted as "me with a random coed elite kid!" Lmao. I'm good with that!

I do love it when all the teams are socializing together. The mosh pit of large coed kids on the grass hill looked like an IG fest last night. I love that.

I remember you posted a picture of them in a uniform thread a long time ago (I want to say 2011/12ish) and I was randomly watching a JTV video this season and was like... hang on, I recognise that kid from somewhere!

Not going to lie, usually notice your cheer prince because he's a foot taller than everyone else in the routine :p

I remember you posted a picture of them in a uniform thread a long time ago (I want to say 2011/12ish) and I was randomly watching a JTV video this season and was like... hang on, I recognise that kid from somewhere!

Not going to lie, usually notice your cheer prince because he's a foot taller than everyone else in the routine :p
Well that's the truth. He has a doppelgänger on that team though. From 20 feet away even I (literally) can't tell him apart. They look like complete twins from any distance at all!

Who me?

LOL I do know what your kids look like from Twitter... but someone liked something you posted on Facebook today so you showed up on my news feed. I was all like "wait, 12stepcheermom has a real name?"

I am still in shock that I am a 2014 World Champion. Going into finals, we as a team just wanted to hit. Our goal was to be a better team than we were the day before. Going into awards, we were hoping our performance earned us a globe. When we realized we were top 2, I don't believe a single girl was not crying. Top 2?!? That's amazing. All of the teams on our side of the floor were huddled around us, on top of us, talking to us, holding our hands....the sportsmanship alone makes me want to burst into tears again. I personally didn't even realize we had just won worlds until a girl from Aces helped me up and hugged me and said "Congrats, you're a world champ and no team deserved it more than you!" It honestly still hasn't sunk in. Lady Jags has been an incredible experience and I am so proud to say I am a 2 year veteran of this team. I am incredibly proud of what we put on the floor all 3 times this weekend, and I couldn't ask for a better final season. Did we win everything? No. Did we hit every performance? No. But we made the most incredible memories this season and NEVER forgot to have fun. We overcame so many obstacles until the very end (we had a pretty bad injury in warm ups before our encore as well as the 10 hour turn around and warm up situation) and never let anything stop us. Another thing we are all very proud of, is that every original member of this team from the beginning of the season, ended the season on the team. No injury, sickness, or personal circumstances stopped us. We are truly sisters and will forever be a family. To me, the "good" of worlds was not winning, but hitting. No statement will ever take away from our finals performance or our win for that very reason. It was never about winning to us. Congratulations to all the other world champions, silver medalists, bronze medalists, and worlds finalists. A special congratulations to SOT A Team and F5, it was an honor to compete against such incredible competitors. Thank you to those who supported us, we are very grateful for all the kind words this weekend. It has been a truly humbling experience.

I am still in shock that I am a 2014 World Champion. Going into finals, we as a team just wanted to hit. Our goal was to be a better team than we were the day before. Going into awards, we were hoping our performance earned us a globe. When we realized we were top 2, I don't believe a single girl was not crying. Top 2?!? That's amazing. All of the teams on our side of the floor were huddled around us, on top of us, talking to us, holding our hands....the sportsmanship alone makes me want to burst into tears again. I personally didn't even realize we had just won worlds until a girl from Aces helped me up and hugged me and said "Congrats, you're a world champ and no team deserved it more than you!" It honestly still hasn't sunk in. Lady Jags has been an incredible experience and I am so proud to say I am a 2 year veteran of this team. I am incredibly proud of what we put on the floor all 3 times this weekend, and I couldn't ask for a better final season. Did we win everything? No. Did we hit every performance? No. But we made the most incredible memories this season and NEVER forgot to have fun. We overcame so many obstacles until the very end (we had a pretty bad injury in warm ups before our encore as well as the 10 hour turn around and warm up situation) and never let anything stop us. Another thing we are all very proud of, is that every original member of this team from the beginning of the season, ended the season on the team. No injury, sickness, or personal circumstances stopped us. We are truly sisters and will forever be a family. To me, the "good" of worlds was not winning, but hitting. No statement will ever take away from our finals performance or our win for that very reason. It was never about winning to us. Congratulations to all the other world champions, silver medalists, bronze medalists, and worlds finalists. A special congratulations to SOT A Team and F5, it was an honor to compete against such incredible competitors. Thank you to those who supported us, we are very grateful for all the kind words this weekend. It has been a truly humbling experience.
Awwwww! Sniffle!

Congrats, champ!!!

Back