All-Star Worlds 2014: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The good, the teams

The bad, USASF still can't put together a competition that runs right

NCA should put on the end of the year comp and call it Global, haha! Forget paid bids to worlds give paids at NCA DALLAS for "Global" no at larges just let everyone go, performs once and the highest scores go to finals. Finals are two performances 50/50 split.....Oh and it should be in Vegas @ASCheerMan can run it all. There I said it.

The good, the teams

The bad, USASF still can't put together a competition that runs right

NCA should put on the end of the year comp and call it Global, haha! Forget paid bids to worlds give paids at NCA DALLAS for "Global" no at larges just let everyone go, performs once and the highest scores go to finals. Finals are two performances 50/50 split.....Oh and it should be in Vegas @ASCheerMan can run it all. There I said it.

:shimmy::shimmy::shimmy::shimmy::shimmy::shimmy::shimmy:

I am still in shock that I am a 2014 World Champion. Going into finals, we as a team just wanted to hit. Our goal was to be a better team than we were the day before. Going into awards, we were hoping our performance earned us a globe. When we realized we were top 2, I don't believe a single girl was not crying. Top 2?!? That's amazing. All of the teams on our side of the floor were huddled around us, on top of us, talking to us, holding our hands....the sportsmanship alone makes me want to burst into tears again. I personally didn't even realize we had just won worlds until a girl from Aces helped me up and hugged me and said "Congrats, you're a world champ and no team deserved it more than you!" It honestly still hasn't sunk in. Lady Jags has been an incredible experience and I am so proud to say I am a 2 year veteran of this team. I am incredibly proud of what we put on the floor all 3 times this weekend, and I couldn't ask for a better final season. Did we win everything? No. Did we hit every performance? No. But we made the most incredible memories this season and NEVER forgot to have fun. We overcame so many obstacles until the very end (we had a pretty bad injury in warm ups before our encore as well as the 10 hour turn around and warm up situation) and never let anything stop us. Another thing we are all very proud of, is that every original member of this team from the beginning of the season, ended the season on the team. No injury, sickness, or personal circumstances stopped us. We are truly sisters and will forever be a family. To me, the "good" of worlds was not winning, but hitting. No statement will ever take away from our finals performance or our win for that very reason. It was never about winning to us. Congratulations to all the other world champions, silver medalists, bronze medalists, and worlds finalists. A special congratulations to SOT A Team and F5, it was an honor to compete against such incredible competitors. Thank you to those who supported us, we are very grateful for all the kind words this weekend. It has been a truly humbling experience.

I just got goosebumps- congratulations on your incredible weekend!

I'm about done with Worlds! Well, I'm literally done with Worlds, my CP is a senior. It's a money making venture and there was a marked lack of respect for the parents and athletes this year. We were lined up, left in the heat for hours, and shuffled around like sheep. After performing, even the athletes had to leave. If they wanted to re-enter they had to wait in line. They weren't allowed to gift shirts, and wristbands as in previous years. That is how my CP met many international athletes. The staff was rude. They had more exit guards than concessions. Again, if you didn't buy Disney food, then nothing. Hardly any food trucks for the masses waiting outside. I just felt unwelcomed.

Doesn't the USASF understand that without us spectator/parents and especially the athletes there would be no Worlds? Judging from the attendance in the baseball field, obviously they need a new venue. What would have happened if it did rain? Would they have herded us, like cattle into the Milk House? Would they have locked some people out? People who stood in line for hours? People who paid just as much as the people inside? Would those people have to sit in a tent and watch it on a glorified TV?

That is no way to treat people period!

When we realized we were top 2, I don't believe a single girl was not crying. Top 2?!? That's amazing. All of the teams on our side of the floor were huddled around us, on top of us, talking to us, holding our hands....the sportsmanship alone makes me want to burst into tears again. I personally didn't even realize we had just won worlds until a girl from Aces helped me up and hugged me and said "Congrats, you're a world champ and no team deserved it more than you!" It honestly still hasn't sunk in. .

You can see all the support from Aces and World Cup suns before + after you were announced in this video - so precious! Well done World Champ!

Worlds this year was sort of a hit and miss for me. Mostly because 005 didn't even make it to finals and that ridiculous technical difficulty that ESPN had with the large all girl division REALLY affected their performances. They had to go warm up again!!!! I'm 100% certain that the placings would've been different if ESPN didn't have those technical difficulties.

BTW CONGRATS @Angelica and @fierceprincess for winning Worlds!!!

I do appreciate the effort to control the overcrowding in the Milkhouse, but the absurdity of having people standing in the sun while there are empty seats inside is nuts. If they could just figure out how to have assigned seats then people wouldn't have the need to arrive hours before their Session.

I really enjoyed the outdoor awards. It was scary for a bit there when it looked like it might rain, but it blew over quickly. There are tons of logistical issues that need to be worked out, but it is definitely a viable solution to the overcrowding issue until another, better venue can be found.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
I understand where you're coming from, but I don't think spectators realize how dangerous overcrowding is & how quickly events like these can become unsafe

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || MEOW

I'm about done with Worlds! Well, I'm literally done with Worlds, my CP is a senior. It's a money making venture and there was a marked lack of respect for the parents and athletes this year. We were lined up, left in the heat for hours, and shuffled around like sheep. After performing, even the athletes had to leave. If they wanted to re-enter they had to wait in line. They weren't allowed to gift shirts, and wristbands as in previous years. That is how my CP met many international athletes. The staff was rude. They had more exit guards than concessions. Again, if you didn't buy Disney food, then nothing. Hardly any food trucks for the masses waiting outside. I just felt unwelcomed.

Doesn't the USASF understand that without us spectator/parents and especially the athletes there would be no Worlds? Judging from the attendance in the baseball field, obviously they need a new venue. What would have happened if it did rain? Would they have herded us, like cattle into the Milk House? Would they have locked some people out? People who stood in line for hours? People who paid just as much as the people inside? Would those people have to sit in a tent and watch it on a glorified TV?

That is no way to treat people period!
I asked earlier if anyone thinks cheer worlds is too big for Disney world. The sport is growing & so is the fan base. Maybe moving the venue would solve the space issues. I know, everyone loves Disney world, but this is getting crazy

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || MEOW

I am still in shock that I am a 2014 World Champion. Going into finals, we as a team just wanted to hit. Our goal was to be a better team than we were the day before. Going into awards, we were hoping our performance earned us a globe. When we realized we were top 2, I don't believe a single girl was not crying. Top 2?!? That's amazing. All of the teams on our side of the floor were huddled around us, on top of us, talking to us, holding our hands....the sportsmanship alone makes me want to burst into tears again. I personally didn't even realize we had just won worlds until a girl from Aces helped me up and hugged me and said "Congrats, you're a world champ and no team deserved it more than you!" It honestly still hasn't sunk in. Lady Jags has been an incredible experience and I am so proud to say I am a 2 year veteran of this team. I am incredibly proud of what we put on the floor all 3 times this weekend, and I couldn't ask for a better final season. Did we win everything? No. Did we hit every performance? No. But we made the most incredible memories this season and NEVER forgot to have fun. We overcame so many obstacles until the very end (we had a pretty bad injury in warm ups before our encore as well as the 10 hour turn around and warm up situation) and never let anything stop us. Another thing we are all very proud of, is that every original member of this team from the beginning of the season, ended the season on the team. No injury, sickness, or personal circumstances stopped us. We are truly sisters and will forever be a family. To me, the "good" of worlds was not winning, but hitting. No statement will ever take away from our finals performance or our win for that very reason. It was never about winning to us. Congratulations to all the other world champions, silver medalists, bronze medalists, and worlds finalists. A special congratulations to SOT A Team and F5, it was an honor to compete against such incredible competitors. Thank you to those who supported us, we are very grateful for all the kind words this weekend. It has been a truly humbling experience.

Congrats!

The good. The live feed from baseball field was great on my iPad, just lucky I guess.

The bad, a girl on our team not caring and throwing the routine because she was going to another gym next year! And giving us big deductions! Good riddance! Ugh!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Latest posts

Back