All-Star Worlds 2014: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

One practice Eiko told us to stop being cabbages and it just stuck. So he surprised us with a real cabbage at worlds..it's hard to explain haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I figured it had to be some type of inside joke. Well you girls didn't look like cabbages this weekend. Congrats !

One practice Eiko told us to stop being cabbages and it just stuck. So he surprised us with a real cabbage at worlds..it's hard to explain haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haha, in French calling someone a cabbage ("mon petit chou") is actually a term of endearment :) (CONGRATS on the win!)

the good:
I'm happy with how medium all girl and coed went
large coed
orange
wildcats
smoed
all of you crazy people on here <3
and random, but I really liked Senior Cinco's dance.

the meh:
bangkok's bizarro-land tumbling scores
senior elite not hitting either day

the bad:
ssx :(
OO5 being the Jordyn Wieber of cheer

the ugly:
large senior's delays
the fact that worlds is still at Disney
encore performances--if I won worlds the LAST thing I'd want to do would be perform again. tbh I'd probably sprint to mexico's margarita stand to celebrate.
finals on monday--least productive day i've ever had at work.

Last edited:
The good
Ca staying off Disney property
The ca family support during each performance
Seeing Wc perform in person. They are incredible performers
Watching orange peak at worlds
Seeing the injured BABS passion & push
Wildcats winning
Seeing jungle do so well!
The the "lady" teams winning!
Becoming a world champ!
Seeing spirit A team continue to be consistent
Oh and my teams pink fanny packs!

The bad
The heat was awful
Seeing parents wait in line and not getting to see their kid perform
All the technical difficulties Monday night
The fact that teams were competing after 10 pm
The fact that worlds was a 4 day event
Competing 3 times, then having to perform a 4th time after 10:30 pm
How fast my phone died Saturday

Last edited:
I am still in shock that I am a 2014 World Champion. Going into finals, we as a team just wanted to hit. Our goal was to be a better team than we were the day before. Going into awards, we were hoping our performance earned us a globe. When we realized we were top 2, I don't believe a single girl was not crying. Top 2?!? That's amazing. All of the teams on our side of the floor were huddled around us, on top of us, talking to us, holding our hands....the sportsmanship alone makes me want to burst into tears again. I personally didn't even realize we had just won worlds until a girl from Aces helped me up and hugged me and said "Congrats, you're a world champ and no team deserved it more than you!" It honestly still hasn't sunk in. Lady Jags has been an incredible experience and I am so proud to say I am a 2 year veteran of this team. I am incredibly proud of what we put on the floor all 3 times this weekend, and I couldn't ask for a better final season. Did we win everything? No. Did we hit every performance? No. But we made the most incredible memories this season and NEVER forgot to have fun. We overcame so many obstacles until the very end (we had a pretty bad injury in warm ups before our encore as well as the 10 hour turn around and warm up situation) and never let anything stop us. Another thing we are all very proud of, is that every original member of this team from the beginning of the season, ended the season on the team. No injury, sickness, or personal circumstances stopped us. We are truly sisters and will forever be a family. To me, the "good" of worlds was not winning, but hitting. No statement will ever take away from our finals performance or our win for that very reason. It was never about winning to us. Congratulations to all the other world champions, silver medalists, bronze medalists, and worlds finalists. A special congratulations to SOT A Team and F5, it was an honor to compete against such incredible competitors. Thank you to those who supported us, we are very grateful for all the kind words this weekend. It has been a truly humbling experience.

You have the longest name in my phone as I told you last night!! World Champion Lady Jag Princess M. Still so happy, I love you!!!

The Good:
This was the first year we have stayed on property. I was very leery about that, hearing stories of before (we had stayed at Floridays other years). But I was pleasantly surprized. My room was nice at All Star Sports. We were on the back side of the building which was quiet. Made it much easier to get around (catching the buses to parks was a breeze). I was easily able to drive to ESPN and park to watch our sessions (granted, ours were in the morning so not so packed). LOVED the Disney Bands-never had to worry about giving my kids cash. (or them losing a room key) My CP and team liked hanging out at the football field each night and seeing old friends and meeting new ones. We practiced on the tennis court right next to Bangkok-neat to see their process. Also great that every TV screen had competion streaming, nice to sit in room and relax and watch.
Being able to watch LAG before my kid competed on Sat. Often don't get to see those teams at the comps we attend bc of timing.

Bad:
The heat
USASF at Celebrity Hall and that madness on Friday. We arrived late morning and it was chaos down there. Waiting in line for everything. THEN after standing in line for forever being told, "sorry we are all out of the 3 day park hopper passes, we only have the 4 day left. Extra 30 bucks for me and my younger child. And a waste of an extra day. Next year I will order on-line for sure!

Ugly-I guess I was in a bubble and did not see much of this-again our sessions were early first of Sat/Sun so missed the long lines etc, and did not stay long enough to eat. Did not understand the whole "Go outside 6 teams before you compete" on Saturday to be lined up to go back inside to line up again to go watch in priority area at Milkhouse. On Sunday I almost missed CP performance, bc I thought they had lined up outside, and they were inside and had to run around to get there in time.

my gf has zero interest in cheer & when told her i couldn't watch a movie because stars were on the mat she was mad. she was like "omg those poor kids. this isn't right." the fact that she knew the late performances were bad news tells me something

Wait, I'm confused. USASF has their own transport for people on the package. Are you talking about people who stayed at other Disney properties off package?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Yes should've clarified. My mom and I were spectators without the package. We stayed at pop century and that bus along with some others stopped running at 10:30 which left tons of people stranded. It was partly the competitions fault for running so late but at the same time Disney does know there's an event there

The good:
Watching my peach hit day one and come close to medaling--a very big deal for a girl who moved across the country for this!
American Cheer Flyers
SOT purple royalty
SOT purple reign
Smoed
Louisiana cheer force
Extreme Lions
All of large coed in finals, especially Coed Elite
Angel Rice's kick double
Some people won't understand this but I enjoyed senior elite's performance last night, minus the mistakes. Their pyramid was top notch and I loved it.

The bad: Genesis, Lady Pros, and a
South Elite not making finals

The ugly: large senior finals, enough said

The amazing: my first year watching worlds on live feed without a buffer, lag or anything. Thank you Roku!

For people who competed at Worlds from international teams, how long did it take you to get used to the time change while in Florida?

The guy tying his shoe during a routine. how did i miss this yesterday??
tumblr_n4rrklUDq31s417ruo1_500.jpg

Good: the BAB who based Panthers point stunt group with ONE ARM!

Bad: The horrible behavior of kids at the All Star. Drinking, drugs, forcing kids out if their rooms if they were uncomfortable with the booze or drugs. I think maybe it's time gyms considered doing drug screenings on their athletes. This is no example to set for the younger kids in any program.

Latest posts

Back