All-Star Worlds 2016 Day 3 Updates (monday)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It's pretty common knowledge that black ops has one of, it not, the hardest elite stunt sequences in all divisions of cheer, not just medium coed yet 4 other teams had a higher difficulty score in their division? Still scratching my head about this.

After rewatching Black Ops again just now, I don't understand how they got fourth. I really don't - such incredibly high difficulty, timing is for the most part on point, and the routine is upbeat and wonderful. But at the very least, I hope they're at least proud of what they put on the mat, because in my opinion it was definitely a top 3 routine from the entire weekend.

Your an owner, you understand the score sheet and scoring pretty well I assume. In your opinion, what should a program that normally scored say a 4.2/9.3 in toss difficulty/execution be scored if they happened to have an omitted basket toss in a particular competition? Just curious...

I'm not a judge but if I were I would have a hard time giving a 9.3 in execution with a mistake. But again I'm not a judge

I didn't catch the entire name. I just heard Thailand when they announced the placements during game the award ceremony and was surprised to see a Thailand team in level 5 versus level 6. Their uniforms looked similar to Bangkok but it certainly could have been a different team.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
It definitely wasn't the same team that competes in level 6. Maybe the same gym, but not the same team.

Does anyone have a video of them? Managed to miss them, even though they competed both ICU and USASF/IASF.

According to the CU app, here are the scores. Not sure how reliable these are considering a score wasn't even provided for a team in medium senior.
Small Senior
SSX 143.50
Generals 142.60
Lime 134.60
ICE LL 134.10
Angels 133.70
Fame 133.35
Apple 131.80
Heat 130.55
Lady Bullets 128.90
X-Factor 128.85
Lady Lace 122.35

Medium Senior
A-Team 140.80
Peach 138.05
Super Seniors 137.20
Lady Jags 133.95
Pink Thunder 132.65
Aces 132.20
Lady Respect 123.00
Fierce 5 121.45
Lady Reign 121.10
Shade No Score Provided

Thanks.
Maybe at some point someone will post team scoresheet.

So this is kind of what I am getting at. Because I am thinking there may be a difference between being "hard" and "hitting the scoresheet" (at least that is where my head is going looking at the #s) I totally understand why execution scores can be so varied...but I saw amazing stunting (and tumbling etc) out of all those top teams and I just fail to understand what gave some teams so much more of an advantage on that difficulty score than others. I really am hoping a coach can explain because as a parent/viewer... I am not understanding.
I am also interested in seeing the answer to this, it all seems so mysterious to me. I can kind of see the fluctuations in execution, but the comparative difficulty is hard for me to break down.

According to the CU app, here are the scores. Not sure how reliable these are considering a score wasn't even provided for a team in medium senior.
Medium Senior
A-Team 140.80
Peach 138.05
Super Seniors 137.20
Lady Jags 133.95
Pink Thunder 132.65
Aces 132.20
Lady Respect 123.00
Fierce 5 121.45
Lady Reign 121.10
Shade No Score Provided
After watching Peach's finals performance, they may or may not have been deducted for two issues:
1.) Last running tumbling pass had an under rotated double (Brandon's Senior Black was deducted for that).
2.) Elite stunt bobble (I know she didn't drop her body position and remained at extended height, but that stunt group really travelled).

After watching Peach's finals performance, they may or may not have been deducted for two issues:
1.) Last running tumbling pass had an under rotated double (Brandon's Senior Black was deducted for that).
2.) Elite stunt bobble (I know she didn't drop her body position and remained at extended height, but that stunt group really travelled).
Looking at scores and videos of Med 5 All girl, what a tough division!! There wasn't any major falls from teams 1 thru 10 !!
Saw a couple of bobbles but that's it! Any thoughts on this division?

Back