All-Star Worlds 2016 Day 3 Updates (monday)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yes. His niece is at Tri-State. (He always posts her photos and occasional good luck shout outs so I assume that is fair game to share?) I think it's a jab at Brandon and probably shade towards the kid. I don't believe he would just post a heartfelt congrats without ulterior motive.

The jaded part of me thinks maybe he's trying to get former and some current Smoed kids to take the bait and stir them up. :rolleyes:

Yes. His niece is at Tri-State. (He always posts her photos and occasional good luck shout outs so I assume that is fair game to share?) I think it's a jab at Brandon and probably shade towards the kid. I don't believe he would just post a heartfelt congrats without ulterior motive.

I don't think so. Someone called him out and his next tweet said that the kid's family had relocated to Florida, basically saying he wasn't a fly in, that the family had moved for family reasons, not cheer.

Yes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Ok, so what is it about (and I am completely randomly picking now... no rhyme or reason) ECE's pyramid that is .5 more difficult than Twist & Shout's? A half-point is a considerable difference when we are talking a 10-point scale. I know we aren't the judges but just wondering what it is skill-wise that these teams have or are missing. Feel free to comment on other sections of the score sheet... I was just using that as the example.

Dance scores played a big role in overall score for medium co ed. I never realized the importance of that specific category before. SOT got a perfect 10 for dance.
And then you have Cheer Extreme, ECE and Woodlands Ops scoring 6s and 7s in that category. Really? How can the dances score such a huge difference? That's what I want to understand (that murky "raw score" thing). What is it that they are factoring in?

And then you have Cheer Extreme, ECE and Woodlands Ops scoring 6s and 7s in that category. Really? How can the dances score such a huge difference? That's what I want to understand (that murky "raw score" thing). What is it that they are factoring in?
I'm not an expert by any means in determining difficulty for things like pyramid/dance/etc so I will let somebody else answer that. But all those numbers that you see on that sheet, totaled together, equal the raw score. Both the difficulty numbers and the execution numbers.

im 100%... positive he knew what he was doing when he thought out and wrote this tweet :

bsb.jpg

trying to get people to take the bait :rolleyes:.
Im confused on how this is a drama filld post. ?

Im confused on how this is a drama filld post. ?
Because if he's giving kudos then there is not reason to state that he grew up in Delaware. I think it was calculated because Brandon claims to be 100% pure Florida even though this poor kids family got relocated to Florida. Either way people freaked out on Twitter and I agree with getsum that I think it was carefully calculated.

Last edited:
I'm not an expert by any means in determining difficulty for things like pyramid/dance/etc so I will let somebody else answer that. But all those numbers that you see on that sheet, totaled together, equal the raw score. Both the difficulty numbers and the execution numbers.
Yes, that is my understanding as well. I am just trying to better understand how they come up with the "difficulty" numbers. What is it that goes into that computation? When things are scoring so far away from 10 is it because there were factors on the scoresheet that these coaches didn't add to their routines? (Because I just can't see that being the case with these well known gyms. No coach is going to say "yeah this dance doesn't hit the scoresheet but I like it so I am keeping it in" (or whatever that looks like)

When my daughter was with a small program at Worlds, the choreographer missed a key component of the score sheet when it came to basket tosses and the program scored really low. So I get that it can happen but I just don't see it happening with this level of teams.

Because if he's giving kudos then there is not reason to state that he grew up in Delaware. I think it was calculated because Brandon claims to be 100% pure Florida even though this poor kids family got relocated to Florida. Either way people freaked out on Twitter and I agree with getsum that I think it was carefully calculated.

Maybe it's possible that DJ knew this young man when he was younger and has a true connection with him because he's from Delaware (small state right?) and he's happy he became a World Champion. We get out of hand on the boards sometimes assuming we know exactly what people are thinking because we are so smart and know it all.

I have been removed from SSX for 4 years but I was crying when they won (thanks to the periscope feed!!!). The last kids that I was team dad for and now some of their sisters are on this present team and I was tweeting and Facebooking like crazy. I sure hope no one takes any of that out of context.

Bottom line is: If you are wondering what I mean by a tweet or comment anywhere, just ask me and I'll tell you. I recommend you give the same respect to DJ or don't comment.

Back