All-Star Worlds 2017 Day 3 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dear Worlds Team Flyers,

Again.

You did not survive being on Youth 1 in the itchy turtleneck era to get to Worlds and pull your scale like you haven't stretched since Christmas break.

Please. Jesus be a stretching routine.

Shout out to Beatles/M5/Cheetahs and all the other teams with outstanding flexibility this weekend.

i dont agree with the tie breaking rule, if they are ok with having two world champions ie. gymtyme and bangkok, why would they care about having two bronze medalist....
unless that rule was made after that scenario in order to prevent it from happening again.
I love Bangkok but it shouldn't even have happened the first time because they had too many guys to qualify for IOC6.

I have no dog in this fight, but I have to wonder if a tie would have been allowed if this had happened in an international division, and winning a globe may have meant promotion of Worlds in another country (like 'hey, we went and we placed!'). At least, that is my suspicion.

I love Bangkok but it shouldn't even have happened the first time because they had too many guys to qualify for IOC6.

I have no dog in this fight, but I have to wonder if a tie would have been allowed if this had happened in an international division, and winning a globe may have meant promotion of Worlds in another country (like 'hey, we went and we placed!'). At least, that is my suspicion.

That bought for sure crossed my mind.

If the difference is a non USA team medalling it could trigger the politics.

I see the rationale for either way.

I'm really glad that we have a detailed tie breaking policy here

I would count Flyers as a mega gym though... even if they're from different locations, look at how many Worlds teams they sent.

I might be wrong but I think all of the flyers team come from the same location, they only recently opened a second location in 99% sure!! They're definitely a mega gym here in Canada

Doesn't Cali already have a small international coed? I thought they didn't like putting worlds teams up against each other. Also do you know if they are moving medium all girl to a different location or is there just not going to be a cali team in that division? Really going to miss Aces in med all girl :(

They are going to be the only small IOC team. Unsure what's happening at the Arizona gym.

Something I haven't seen discussed yet- did anyone else notice during awards Amy and Amanda were announced as being from CBS and Tayler had a CBS mic? When did things move from ESPN? So weird to be at ESPN WWOS and air on CBS Sports

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dear Worlds Team Flyers,

Again.

You did not survive being on Youth 1 in the itchy turtleneck era to get to Worlds and pull your scale like you haven't stretched since Christmas break.

Please. Jesus be a stretching routine.

Shout out to Beatles/M5/Cheetahs and all the other teams with outstanding flexibility this weekend.
Say it again. I hope this weekend was somewhat a wake up call. I know a lot of coaches read the boards even tho they say they don't haha. So maybe a few messages got through.

Back