All-Star Worlds Scoresheets

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The last few practices before we left home I had the girls according to their birthday month make intentional mistakes in stunts and pyramid. The girls knew to expect a mistake but didn't know by whom. That same stunt mistake happened in practice intentionally and they survived it. Molly and I locked eyes in that fateful moment and as I nodded my head "you can do it" and she answered back nodding her head "ok" it felt like it was just the two of us in the whole arena. No one But Molly and her group could make a save like that. Flyer's must lose body position to be counted as a bobble.

What other teams made upgrades/ changes from day 1 to day 2 that led to category score increases? The four changes we made along with throwing all tumbling and executing throughout with improvement made an almost 10 point increase.

The last few practices before we left home I had the girls according to their birthday month make intentional mistakes in stunts and pyramid. The girls knew to expect a mistake but didn't know by whom. That same stunt mistake happened in practice intentionally and they survived it.

I love this. It is SO SO SO important to practice for the worst. When I was a gymnast our coach used to clap, yell set off camera flashes and crawl under the beam. We were expected to ignore and continue on as if nothing was happening. It's so important to prepare in practice for situations that could happen in competition. (not that someone would crawl under our beam during a comp-but we were prepared if they did!)

The last few practices before we left home I had the girls according to their birthday month make intentional mistakes in stunts and pyramid. The girls knew to expect a mistake but didn't know by whom. That same stunt mistake happened in practice intentionally and they survived it. Molly and I locked eyes in that fateful moment and as I nodded my head "you can do it" and she answered back nodding her head "ok" it felt like it was just the two of us in the whole arena. No one But Molly and her group could make a save like that. Flyer's must lose body position to be counted as a bobble.

What other teams made upgrades/ changes from day 1 to day 2 that led to category score increases? The four changes we made along with throwing all tumbling and executing throughout with improvement made an almost 10 point increase.

I love the concept of this but to what extent were the intentional mistakes? Would be really unfortunate to get an injury that way just days before you leave

okay a) i'm not a judge, b) i am SO glad SE won because they're my fave...but f5 seriously werkedddd that performance and i think that 4.5 pts in deductions is a little excessive to be honest :/

I thought SE's victory was amazing and inspiring! I absolutely love to see a team come back from day one like that and ROCK it...and they did. I am always torn in this division, as I love, love, love Stars, F5 and SE. Just so much talent.

I really wish someone had large coed scores to post so that some of the bickering/speculating there would stop. :( At the end of the day, it was what it was and it's time to leave it on the floor and look ahead to next season, but I do think that viewing score breakdowns can lead to much-needed "aha!" moments.

I thought SE's victory was amazing and inspiring! I absolutely love to see a team come back from day one like that and ROCK it...and they did. I am always torn in this division, as I love, love, love Stars, F5 and SE. Just so much talent.

I really wish someone had large coed scores to post so that some of the bickering/speculating there would stop. :( At the end of the day, it was what it was and it's time to leave it on the floor and look ahead to next season, but I do think that viewing score breakdowns can lead to much-needed "aha!" moments.

Large Coed scores have been posted on the google doc since Sunday. What is the bickering about?

They aren't really the breakdowns that would be the most helpful, but they are better than nothing -

Welcome to Google Docs

I'm sorry, Bluecat; I need to be clearer when I am in a hurry.

Bickering is probably a bad choice of words, as well; there has been some speculation here and on social media as to whether the ranking was fair or correct, or whatever word fits best here, because of some of the large coed level 5 stunts being "over-rewarded", or there being bias toward well-known teams. I feel like a breakdown would shed some light on that. I think that sometimes people (I have been guilty of this at times) make a judgment based on what we like and see visually, without complete knowledge of how the scoring works. Were the teams overrewarded, or did they simply score high enough in other areas to offset?

I do know that many here know exactly what to look for when they watch a routine; I myself have more to learn and welcome the opportunity, so I am glad there ARE knowledgeable folk around to answer questions for those of us who are newer to the sport. Off to check the Doc; I last viewed it on Sunday afternoonish and it wasn't there at that point or else I wasn't looking in the right place.

Thank you for re-directing me to the link; very helpful, actually. Definitely not there the last time I looked or I clicked on the wrong spot. Thank you so much for indulging my "duh" moment.

I love this. It is SO SO SO important to practice for the worst. When I was a gymnast our coach used to clap, yell set off camera flashes and crawl under the beam. We were expected to ignore and continue on as if nothing was happening. It's so important to prepare in practice for situations that could happen in competition. (not that someone would crawl under our beam during a comp-but we were prepared if they did!)
I just choked on my sushi with laughter imagining a gym coach crawling under a beam yelling at you :)

We can all say "if" F5 would have hit, its obvious in the scoring that even if the double would have just landed they would have walked away with the gold, that is how close the scoring was. I think looking at that f5 shuld feel proud that it was that small of an error margin that put them in 2nd place!!!! I think when the scores are that close, the victory feels that much better. So, great job SE i know you had to put in 200% last Sunday and you deserved the gold!!! :)

We were not in Large Senior, but we also made improvements that led to increased category scores. These improvements were across the board - from building skills all the way through dance. Our changes reflected not only in our scores, but also in our comments. We didn't move up from Prelims because our tumbling in Finals made us the Large CoEd Deduction World Champions, but I'm confident that category scores in execution would have also increased if we had not 11 points in tumbling deductions. Would love to hear who else made improvements or changes...

IOC6 Scores. Gym Tyme's dance score is pretty low.

AsBo-tmCIAA2qIY.jpg:large

Back