All-Star Worlds To Summit Crossovers...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I definitely agree with @Cheeranswers, I think there should be a total separation of Worlds and Summit athletes. If you are an elite athletes, which in AS Cheer, if you reached a Senior lvl 5/6, why in the heezy, you will want to collect a Summit ring... Tbh, this is one of the few sports that an athletes reach upper echelons and still want to reach back and collect another ring...Do we have Major league baseball players stealing the little glory away from Minor league players, hmmm, I wonder? NBA players take the shine off the College players, well, maybe, during Olympic years, but these NBA players are not enrolling in a school to steal from these players... So, what glory do a Lvl5/6 cheerleader receive by winning a Summit ring, particularly, a Lvl 1/2 title...

I still believe the Summit was design for the lower level cheerleaders, so they have a place to shine...So all these high Lvl5 /6 athletes, should stay in their lane...These athletes have Worlds, now stay over there and stop encroaching on Summit...js
:splat:

Last edited:
I definitely agree with @Cheeranswers, I think there should be a total separation of Worlds and Summit athletes. If you are an elite athletes, which in AS Cheer, if you reached a Senior lvl 5/6, why in the heezy, you will want to collect a Summit ring... Tbh, this is one of the few sports that an athletes reach upper echelons and still want to reach back and collect another ring...Do we have Major league baseball players stealing the little glory away from Minor league players, hmmm, I wonder? NBA players take the shine off the College players, well, maybe, during Olympic years, but these NBA players are not enrolling in a school to steal from these players... So, what glory do a Lvl5/6 cheerleader receive by winning a Summit ring, particularly, a Lvl 1/2 title...

I still believe the Summit was design for the lower level cheerleaders, so they have a place to shine...So all these high Lvl5 /6 athletes, should stay in their lane...These athletes have Worlds, now stay over there and stop encroaching on Summit...js
:splat:
Probably not a very popular opinion on here, but I think the lower levels can shine even better and more competitively at NCA. IMO NCA is a better measure of these teams because more attend NCA than Summit. Summit, along with those other "end of season championships" occur too late in the season for a lot of gyms to participate. At that point, many gyms are holding tryouts and refocusing on the upcoming season.

Probably not a very popular opinion on here, but I think the lower levels can shine even better and more competitively at NCA. IMO NCA is a better measure of these teams because more attend NCA than Summit. Summit, along with those other "end of season championships" occur too late in the season for a lot of gyms to participate. At that point, many gyms are holding tryouts and refocusing on the upcoming season.

I believe most gyms have tryouts for new members in April and hold their main tryouts immediately after Worlds and Summit.
Summit and NCA separate divisions so there is not a true champion like Worlds. Summit now has big and small gym separation. NCA assigns teams to different divisions (A, B, C) when there are a lot of teams at the same level. That means 3 different Junior 2 teams can be NCA champions.

I believe most gyms have tryouts for new members in April and hold their main tryouts immediately after Worlds and Summit.
Summit and NCA separate divisions so there is not a true champion like Worlds. Summit now has big and small gym separation. NCA assigns teams to different divisions (A, B, C) when there are a lot of teams at the same level. That means 3 different Junior 2 teams can be NCA champions.
All of our gyms in the DMV area have their tryouts in mid-late May. They do not separate between new/current athletes. Most gyms hold clinics prior to see what new talent might be trying out. Tryouts are usually 1 to 2 nights with calls backs for the higher levels. A lot of the bigger gyms will not go to Summit unless they get a paid bid (including teams from our gym). It is a lot to ask of parents at the end of the season to pay for another expensive trip. The expense of Summit and tryouts impact Summit participation and why it does not have the amount of competition that you see at NCA.

I actually just pretty much posted my opinion in the replacing summit girls thread, lol. Basically, I don't like the rule very much, but can see why people would not feel bad about utilizing crossovers.

I suspect there will be rule changes in the next couple of years. I would guess it will end up much like World's crossover rules: not more than 1 team, releases required for athletes, and a limit on how many each team can replace, including how many must come from their program. However, given that at a World's a small team can replace 6 athletes, I don't know that the number of 5 World's crossovers will be affected.

To be fair, I somewhat suspect that Varsity has been lenient in its crossover rules to make sure there was adequate participation in lower level teams traveling to Orlando each year. As the competition gains prestige, I think they can count on teams still coming without as many crossovers, but initially they had to make sure that programs would come.

I agree with everything you said but, I'll be honest, limiting how many athletes can be replaced at The Summit makes me nervous. Last year there would have been a team or two that would have struggled on the limitation of how many could be replaced. I think World's athletes and parents know what they are investing in with World's but, some of the newer lower level parents and athletes just don't have the same commitment level. We had several kids get injured because, they decided they needed to get that new skill they barely worked on all year in 3 weeks for tryouts. I can't imagine how devastating that would be to the athletes that were so excited to go to find out they couldn't because, too many bailed or got injured.:( I guess it is what it is but, that would stink!

Not that you were asking me but... I've said this in the past, I don't have a problem with an athlete crossing up or down one level. I don't even have a problem if you're putting two or three level 5 athletes on a level 3 or 4 team. Because one or two kids do not make a team successful.

What I have a problem with is a gym taking several higher level athletes and putting them on a lower level team just to win and dominate. To me it speaks more of the type of character that that decision maker has than anything else. And I don't care if you have CA, CEA, TG or World Cup on your uniform or a Craptastic Allstars, wrong is wrong.
I agree, 2 or 3 athletes I don't think would make a big difference but the only time though I can see Worlds crossovers giving one team an edge over another is if they say take 5 boys from a level 5 team and put them on a level 4 team. I think that can make a difference especially if they are against a team that has all true level 4 athletes and only 1-3 boys on the team.

I agree, 2 or 3 athletes I don't think would make a big difference but the only time though I can see Worlds crossovers giving one team an edge over another is if they say take 5 boys from a level 5 team and put them on a level 4 team. I think that can make a difference especially if they are against a team that has all true level 4 athletes and only 1-3 boys on the team.
Yes boys of that skill level have a huge impact. Even if the team has the exact same number of boys those level 5 boys are usually all incredible athletes, stunters and tumblers and a level 4 with true level 4 boys could never compete fairly against a level 4 stacked with worlds level 5 boys.

I think everyone makes good points and I think that this rule was likely put in place to even out the playing field and to help smaller gyms but unfortunately the big gyms can use it to and I think do so more often enabling them to win win win and still squash the little guy.

Perhaps it's a better rule the way it stands now for D2 summit and that they should be more strict for main Summit??

I don't think there should be a limit for crossovers from Worlds on 5R and J5 Summit teams.

Back