All-Star Worst Comp. Moments Ever!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

At nationals this year, we were running through our pyramid like 5-7 minutes before going on to the mat, because it's been shaky all season (level 6) and a flyer was doing her double down from swedish falls, but she pushes of to hard and flies 6 feet to far and hits the mat on her back. I was her backspot so i freaked out thinking i killed her(ive been told it was an impossible catch, but still). She blacked out and got dissy, and he whole team started crying cus we had a really hard season and this was our final competition and we just wanted to hit. Right before we went on, she came walking with our coach and said she would compete anyway.
We ended up doing the routine adjusted and removing all of her doubledowns so she wouldn't be in any unessesary risk.
We got freaked on again afterwards when she asked us "when are we competing"...she didn't even remember it. Such a horrible comp.

Not allstar, but HS. I'm not sure what was worse: Competing at conference and having my loose, lazy flyer do a balance check with her heel into my eye (and I kept her up there, stupid little sdfoidsjfsi) knowing we had to change our routine the NIGHT BEFORE because two of our better bases got hurt so we did AWFUL, or making it to states my senior year with a decent routine, and having someone who's not familiar with our music start it and THEN turn the volume up, not realizing that it starts RIGHT AWAY and we're all standing there not sure what to do waiting for her to restart. She doesn't restart after like 10 seconds, so my capt starts the routine and we're scrambling to get to where we should be in the music..my back's been hurting the last couple weeks because my two bases are lazy/weak so I've been lifting with my back unintentionally to compensate so when I do my ro bhs my back gives out and I'm in tears through the whole routine..we're all so messed up with the music that some of us end up in wrong spots for our new motion section. We make it through to the end of the routine and I barely walk off the mat crying when my back gives out and I couldn't walk. To add insult to injury, the judges claim they're not going to judge anything up to a certain point with the music mishap, but reading the scoresheet they CLEARLY did. Probably the latter because I was a senior :(

Hmm this has to go to the Beantown Classic this past year, where minutes before we competed, a team mate was throwing up next to the mat and I was coughing up phlegm into a trash can. Lovely :rolleyes:.

Oh, and this one isn't me, but at the Liberty Bell Challenge this year one of our flyers nose started bleeding profusely after warmups. It wouldn't stop and was all over her top, so we had her sitting in the arena in a sports bra with a tampon up her nose. We then proceeded to go out on the mat and drop our whole pyramid. Good memories.

you know those few seconds before the music starts when you're on the mat? well, on day two of cheersport a few years ago a girl decided right then that she wanted to quit. so she just walked off the stage. needless to say, we totally bombed.
its totally bad of me to say, but Ive wanted to quit while my team was behind the curtain. actually every single time. I get so nervous, Im like, Why do I do this to myself? and then I convince myself to quit as soon as we're off the mat. Aaaaand then I have an amazing time competing so i never do. I just really really really really hate that part so much.

Too many to count.
Alright so I was just hanging out in warmups one time at Terp Nationals with one of our other teams. They were still missing one girl when they got a frantic call from her mom that she had food poisoning and was throwing up all over the place. It was like all heads turned to me "Uhh so I'm gonna need you to compete ." I literally had to learn the whole routine in 15 minutes. I get out on floor and my mom had come down with my aunt to priority seating (my cousin was on the tea) and the look on her was priceless when she saw me run out.

Having one on my tinys throw up all over herself 10 minutes before warm-ups. It's really hard to just rearrange the routine with 5 year olds. Needless to say that was a disaster.

Every Cheer and Dance Extreme Competition, we have to call an ambulance. One a girl fell on her head in warm-ups, one a girl passes out from low blood sugar. At US Finals we had a girl on SR5 get hit in the head and fall down unconscious in the middle of the routine. They had to carry her off in a stretcher, but she was fine.

I think my very worst was my first season cheering on a SR2 team. It was at a gym that's closed now. Someone tripped the sound cable and our music cut in the middle. Thankfully the whole arena started counting for us and we got first.

my team wasnt compeeting at a cmp so i went to support the younger teams and i was watching and i girl (in the middle of her rutine) ran off the floor and didnt make it to the garbage can and puked all over my lab ! i smelled like.. puke hahah !

i could go on and on with some of mine. I've competed with strep throat/bronchitis almost every year since I began all star. at international all levels this year, i competed after barely practicing that week due to basically having the flu, so i literally cant feel my arms the whole routine and i pass out at the end. love having my teammates carry me off the floor. but i think what tops it is one year, at a national we should have kicked butt in, one of our flyers was upset because of some routine change and thus throws herself out of every stunt she was in. on both days. we said goodbye to her later that day.

its totally bad of me to say, but Ive wanted to quit while my team was behind the curtain. actually every single time. I get so nervous, Im like, Why do I do this to myself? and then I convince myself to quit as soon as we're off the mat. Aaaaand then I have an amazing time competing so i never do. I just really really really really hate that part so much.

I do to lol! When I'm backstage I'm like "Oh God oh God oh God I'm gonna die! I wanna go home!" Then I get on the floor and the music starts and I'm fine :D lol!

I've had plenty, but I'd say the worst would have to be my last competition my senior year.Warm-ups were flawless and we were backstage a ready to go. There were 12 seniors that year, including me, and while waiting to go on the seniors just hugged and we started sobbing. We were together since we were 5 and this was the last time to ever cheer as our dysfunctional little family :). It was terrible. We completely lost focus and ended up doing horribly which made it all worse. It is still one of the saddest moments of my life. :(

Latest posts

Back