All-Star You Hate To Hear...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

As a coach I hate when you give a correction to an athlete and they get defensive and say they were doing it correctly.
Example:
Coach: "Suzie that was really good you just need to lock out your leg next time. (or point your toe, etc.)
Athlete: "I did lock my leg I know I did!"

We wouldn't be correcting you if you did it correctly, we didn't just envision that your knee was bent or your toe was flexed. Take the criticism and perfect your skills.

Oh and I 193858 x's agree with who ever posted about telling your kids just stunting or just tumbling and like 5 people ask what they're suppose to do in the routine. If you would listen we just told you. Or they ask before you even have time to explain what you want them to throw.

blunchin said:
i hate when you correct an athlete because they made a mistake and they say "i know". if you KNEW you would not have done it. a non-verbal issue i have is when an athlete does not look at you when you are speaking to them. my last one is when they answer back with "what?!". don't what me!

Same here! I ask them "if you know then why didn't you do it right?"
I think my kids hate to hear:
if my mouth is moving yours better not be!

if you're in a handstand you will stay in one during the water break. Eyes on me.

No, you won't dehydrate we are in a fully air conditioned facility and you haven't broken a sweat!

I hate to hear screams and gasps when it's nothing remotely scary.

emmabug95 said:
"One more time" because on my team, that means we're about 234987 times away from finishing.

That's EVERY team!! Lol!!

my coach freaks out whenever we use the "c word" aka cant and im an overthinker so whenever i say "i feel like..." trying to get out of something he says "i dont care what you feel like, just do it"

Not if the rest of the group isn't pulling their weight. If a flyer feels nervous because the bases have dropped them before or if they're very callous about her safety, she has every right to be scared about doing it with that group.

If she's just whining/doesn't want to try it with a new group, however, shove her in there and tell her to suck it up. :p
I understand. But I'll give you the background lol...this girl is on more than one level 5 team at our gym...she will double out of her stunt on the one team with bases who are smaller than her and have dropped her...but on the other team she won't do it, with bases who are amazing, and never so much as bobble...its super frustrating because she's a great cheerleader, its getting a little ridiculous. Love her to death, she needs to get passed it haha.

I need a ______(insert skill of your choice) by tryouts to make the team I want to be on. Uhhhh where were you all year long and why are you just showing up now? And is it you that wants the skill or your parents that demand you have the skill or else....

i hate when girls get angry because we have to throw it full out. um.. this is cheerleading.. thats what you do.. if you dont like it dont join? lol i dont get it..
oh also, when a coach is like, "we're doing a stunt run through" and everyone gets set up in first position and someones like, "wait what are we doing? full out? stunts? do we tumble? jumps?"
haha

The words i hate hearing the most are "YOU can't" people telling me what i'm able or not able to do thinking they know my body better than me! Drives me mad, and people who are just ignorant and stop me doing a thing just because i'm in a wheelchair, like the head coach of a gym in London the other week, turning us away at the door from an open session because i was in a chair.

From Viv my flyer i never hear any complaints, she's such a star and i really respect all the hard work she's putting in to training at the moment.

--Last 10 minutes of practice--
"Alright everyone line up on lines and spaces!"
--Entire team whines-- very annoying (Cp doesn't complain, she just gets it done)
"Ok toe touch on every 1, you're going to do 20, then an 8 count to breath, then 75 jumping jacks. We'll do this (insert # of times they will do this depending on how well they did)!"

I absolutely hate it when the whole team complains. I'm not just saying this because my CP has hyper extended jumps and loves to jumps, but it's kind of like you're not going to die. The coach knows what he's doing. It's going to make you a better jumper.

I love "one more time", i use it like a million more times ;) i think because in my opinion one more time means one more time doing it right!

I often get annoyed at the over analysis every time something comes down, unless it's literally every time we try or getting dangerous just do it again we're all old enough and experienced enough to know what we did wrong so lets just do the same again, but better! I guess thats the advantage (and sometimes disadvantage) of being on an all adult all star team, everyone knows what they're doing and a lot about the sport, everyone knows too much about the sport so thinks they know best (myself included sadly).

Back