All-Star You've Been Warned!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 1, 2010
Hey, so both of our level four teams (jr and sr) got docked today at day one of jamfest nationals for extended suicides. Apparently the rules have changed and theyre now only legal from elevator.

Multiple teams got docked for this and it was pretty outta the blue.

Anyone know what happened? Why the sudden rule change?

Hey, so both of our level four teams (jr and sr) got docked today at day one of jamfest nationals for extended suicides. Apparently the rules have changed and theyre now only legal from elevator.

I'm pretty it wasn't that sudden, because I'm on a level 4.2 team and we've been doing that since choreography. Our coaches kept reminding us to be sure to bring it to a prep before the fold count. So they seemed to know it was illegal to fold from an extension.

I'm pretty it wasn't that sudden, because I'm on a level 4.2 team and we've been doing that since choreography. Our coaches kept reminding us to be sure to bring it to a prep before the fold count. So they seemed to know it was illegal to fold from an extension.

Really? We've been competing them all season and didnt get docked, yet multiple teams got deducted today for it.

So are extension suicides now level 5?

And one legged suicides are too?

We invert from a prep level heel stretch, and haven't gotten any deductions, so I assume one legs are level 4 as long as there from a prep? Not positive on that, because the flyers kind of bring their leg down, so they might count it as two?

Yes, this has been in the rules all season. It is under the level 4 stunting rules. Sometimes at smaller competitions the legality/safety judge doesnt call it for some reason. The other day Les Stella posted a video on here of that stunt and stated that it was illegal in level 4. In our level 4 routine we have been doing it from prep all year

Yes, this has been in the rules all season. It is under the level 4 stunting rules. Sometimes at smaller competitions the legality/safety judge doesnt call it for some reason. The other day Les Stella posted a video on here of that stunt and stated that it was illegal in level 4. In our level 4 routine we have been doing it from prep all year

haha that's what I thought Zonko! I got slightly confused when I saw this post haha.

This has been a rule for a while now, sorry you got deducted but at least you know now how to fix it...

onetrupairing said:

This had been in effect this entire rules cycle, starting with 09-10. I'm sorry you guys just now got called on it. It's pretty blatant.

USASF.net

K. L4 Stunts-Inversions
1. Extended inverted stunts allowed. Also, see “Stunts” and “Pyramids.”
2. Downward inversions are allowed at prep level or below and must be assisted by at least three bases, at least
two of which are positioned to protect the head and shoulder area.
Clarification 1: The stunt may not pass above prep level and then become inverted at prep level. (The momentum of the top person coming down is the primary safety concern.)
Clarification 2: Catchers must make contact with the head and shoulder area.
3. Downward inversions must maintain contact with an original base. Exception: In side rotating downward inversions (example: cartwheel-style transition dismounts), the original base may lose contact with the top person when it becomes necessary to do so.

It is not new AT ALL. And just bringing it to prep after being in an extension is not enough to make it legal. You have to come from your extension, BELOW prep level, THEN you can invert at or below prep level. But if you go above prep level and then invert AT prep level....it is still illegal. So either NEVER go above prep level, or come BELOW prep level before you do the "suicide", "pancake", "birdle" whatever you want to call it stunt. HA

Back