All-Star 1 1/2 Up: Help

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 19, 2012
So I had a quick question regarding 1 1/2 to one leg. The stunt starts in a prep and spins to a "good leg" lib/scale to the side.

I am a flyer, and my spin stays in my "tube" and I pull the lib at the correct time. However, as it settles, the stunt leans forward and tips over at the last second. It looks like I am stepping down but I've tried to correct that and it hasn't worked ...

I was wondering if this could be my hip placement or weight distribution? I am not sure how to fix it or if anyone else had experienced something similar.

I don't have a video, but I can try and get one later. I just wasn't sure if anyone else had this same problem, and if so, what they tried to correct it.

Thanks!

So I had a quick question regarding 1 1/2 to one leg. The stunt starts in a prep and spins to a "good leg" lib/scale to the side.

I am a flyer, and my spin stays in my "tube" and I pull the lib at the correct time. However, as it settles, the stunt leans forward and tips over at the last second. It looks like I am stepping down but I've tried to correct that and it hasn't worked ...

I was wondering if this could be my hip placement or weight distribution? I am not sure how to fix it or if anyone else had experienced something similar.

I don't have a video, but I can try and get one later. I just wasn't sure if anyone else had this same problem, and if so, what they tried to correct it.

Thanks!
Without a video, this is hard to diagnose a problem. Are you the one falling forward towards the front, or is your toe down therefore dumping you off the front? If it's the toe, then it could be something as simple as your secondary base grabbing the mains wrist at the end to help support and push up through the toe. If your foot is flat and you as a top are still falling forward, my first assumption is that you're not continuing to lift up and that you settle into a more coed top girl position of hops forward, chest back. Make sure your lib stays tight and your body lines are all lifting straight to the ceiling. Again without a video, this is hard to decipher.

Without a video, this is hard to diagnose a problem. Are you the one falling forward towards the front, or is your toe down therefore dumping you off the front? If it's the toe, then it could be something as simple as your secondary base grabbing the mains wrist at the end to help support and push up through the toe. If your foot is flat and you as a top are still falling forward, my first assumption is that you're not continuing to lift up and that you settle into a more coed top girl position of hops forward, chest back. Make sure your lib stays tight and your body lines are all lifting straight to the ceiling. Again without a video, this is hard to decipher.

Thanks! I will try and get a video next practice. As a group, we can try and play around with toe placement and secondary grips, too.

I also have more experience with coed partner stunts, so I could very well be settling into a coed flyer position.

Back