All-Star [1/25-1/26] Athletic Championships - Providence, Ri (world's Bids)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I was also thinking the same thing! I wonder why they're coming all the way to providence!
there is actually a comp in Florida that weekend, and was wondering the same thing=a new rule was made that they don't have to bring other teams from their program, like all of us do, to bring the Worlds team.

there is actually a comp in Florida that weekend, and was wondering the same thing=a new rule was made that they don't have to bring other teams from their program, like all of us do, to bring the Worlds team.

Eligibility: Teams must be in good standing with the USASF as an official Gym Member and must submit a printed roster to hand in at registration. To be eligible in any bid giving division, programs must bring at least THREE cheer
teams from your program to the event. (Exception: Teams traveling over 500 miles from their physical gym address to Providence, RI are exempt from being required to bring at least 3 cheer teams.)

Eligibility: Teams must be in good standing with the USASF as an official Gym Member and must submit a printed roster to hand in at registration. To be eligible in any bid giving division, programs must bring at least THREE cheer
teams from your program to the event. (Exception: Teams traveling over 500 miles from their physical gym address to Providence, RI are exempt from being required to bring at least 3 cheer teams.)

It kind of seems like they made an exception just for them. To me it just seems a little crazy that they are coming to the northeast to get a bid when we all know that Brandon could get it at any competition they go to. I could be wrong but it seems like athletic wants Brandon to represent them at worlds so they made an exception for them.

How can it be an "exception" when it's clearly stated in the rules?

The Bid Declaration hasn't always been on it's website. Perhaps they made an exception for Brandon when Brandon inquired about registering.

Did they have that requirement last year?

The Bid Declaration hasn't always been on it's website. Perhaps they made an exception for Brandon when Brandon inquired about registering.

Did they have that requirement last year?
I have no idea if the requirement was there last year. I am almost positive Ohio Extreme has come in years past. I don't recall if just their level 5 team has come in the past or if they brought more teams.
I personally don't care for the "you must have x amount of teams from your gym come if you are coming to my comp to get a bid" rule, but if an EP is going to have it, it should apply to everyone - no exceptions.
I also thought Athletic previously gave out bids based on high scores, but again I could be mistaken. I just hope everything is on the up and up - this has always been one of my favorite comps.

We have been coming to this comp. for as long as they have had it & i have NEVER seen that rule.
I also hope everything is what it should be because this always has been one of my favs.

Just hope when it is bid time, that it is done fairly and the deserving teams get them.

I was curious about some of the above questions so I did a little checking.

Brandon is 1,300 miles from Providence so it seems that falls inside the rules exception for distance.

The bid comp in Florida on the same weekend is only offering two partial paid bids so why would Brandon go there?

Ohio Extreme did only send one team to Providence last year, the Small Senior 5 Worlds team. So the multiple team exemption seems to be consistent from last year.

Why would BSB coming to Providence be any different from any other Worlds team choosing to go there? Three Worlds Bids, it fit their schedule and they decided to go.

Brandon is 1,300 miles from Providence so it seems that falls inside the rules exception for distance.

The bid comp in Florida on the same weekend is only offering two partial paid bids so why would Brandon go there?

Ohio Extreme did only send one team to Providence last year, the Small Senior 5 Worlds team. So the multiple team exemption seems to be consistent from last year.

Why would BSB coming to Providence be any different from any other Worlds team choosing to go there? Three Worlds Bids, it fit their schedule and they decided to go.
You could very well be right. It just seemed a little out of the ordinary for all of us tough, non-trusting New Englanders! ;)
I do have to say - i am looking forward to seeing Brandon perform. :cheering:

New England tends not to have the talent that other regions have (with the exception of ECE and whatever Pro Athletics team the cheer world is fawning over at the moment). So it kind of feels like teams just come up here thinking it's an easy bid. We just get protective of our bid comps.

I have no idea if the requirement was there last year. I am almost positive Ohio Extreme has come in years past. I don't recall if just their level 5 team has come in the past or if they brought more teams.
I personally don't care for the "you must have x amount of teams from your gym come if you are coming to my comp to get a bid" rule, but if an EP is going to have it, it should apply to everyone - no exceptions.
I also thought Athletic previously gave out bids based on high scores, but again I could be mistaken. I just hope everything is on the up and up - this has always been one of my favorite comps.
Reading the rules, it seemed like the third full paid bid is based solely on the judges' discretion. And none of the three will necessarily be awarded to the highest score in the division. :confused:
Athletic Championships Worlds Bid Declaration.pdf - File Shared from Box

Reading the rules, it seemed like the third full paid bid is based solely on the judges' discretion. And none of the three will necessarily be awarded to the highest score in the division. :confused:

Let's hope we don't end up with another TG/CEA situation. They can't possibly be dumb enough to give a paid bid to a team that doesn't win their division.

Back