All-Star 10 Times?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Looking forward to seeing you guys perform at Worlds ... here I live in St Louis and I haven't seen you once this year!

heck, anyone havng trouble with a pass this week should be wanting to throw it on their own just to make sure they are ready for Worlds. My CP, who is nursing a minor foot injury, had trouble with a pass last night and decided to keep throwing it on his own until satisfied with himself just to make sure ready for this weekend. No one wants to let their team down by lack of preparation so no, from a parent stand point don't think you were wrong.

Thanks guys. I feel much better. I was really sick yesterday and on to today. I didnt have the whitty comebacks or the 'rude' in me to be blunt with her. I told her I saw nothing wrong with it. She did have to owe '10 in a row' persay. But she would throw one. Walk to the corner. Relax. And throw another one. She had a good 20 minutes to throw the passes. I actually only had her throw 9 (which she landed all in a row) and told her the 10th one could be in the routine they were gonna do next afetr a small break. Needless to say she busted, so its out.

I just have been so sick, I thought maybe my meds took over and I was being a big meanie. As I said, I didnt think it was that much, and if I saw fatigue or pain, I would have stopped her.

Thanks for the positive feedback. Maybe she will wonder upon this thread someday.

We're ready to ROCK worlds! Thanks agin for the support!

Kyle, any good coach knows when enough is enough. You are a GREAT coach. Her mom should know that. You can make Emileigh do 10 arabian to doubles anytime you want!! ;) God knows she could use the extra reps. haha

when I coached gymnastics, I told athletes "if you fall on something, get up and do it right after", and one time was just never enough. I generally used 5, just because I was coaching a group of girls and didn't really have the time to have them all sit down while she threw it more times than that with a short break in between, but this seems completely reasonable. Throwing it after you've busted it s not punishment, it's a tactic used so the athletes last memory of that skill once they leave the gym is them falling. With the adrenaline going through their body, they aren't sitting and thinking about throwing that skill, they generally just do it, so take advantage of that adrenaline, and let their last memory from the gym that night be them hitting it, it prevents mental blocks!

Thanks guys. I feel much better. I was really sick yesterday and on to today. I didnt have the whitty comebacks or the 'rude' in me to be blunt with her. I told her I saw nothing wrong with it. She did have to owe '10 in a row' persay. But she would throw one. Walk to the corner. Relax. And throw another one. She had a good 20 minutes to throw the passes. I actually only had her throw 9 (which she landed all in a row) and told her the 10th one could be in the routine they were gonna do next afetr a small break. Needless to say she busted, so its out.

I just have been so sick, I thought maybe my meds took over and I was being a big meanie. As I said, I didnt think it was that much, and if I saw fatigue or pain, I would have stopped her.

Thanks for the positive feedback. Maybe she will wonder upon this thread someday.

We're ready to ROCK worlds! Thanks agin for the support!

Sounds like a typical half hour private at my cp's old gym (she's retired now). You seem like a responsible coach, I am guessing if she had gotten dangerously sloppy you would have stopped her and tried something else, but instead you gave her the confidence to know she can throw that pass well into the 2:30!

i dont know if there is such thing as too much on worlds week. but there was a girl on our senior 3 team who was working on her full and then (surprisingly) busted her ro hs tuck AT COMPETITION. she was not allowed to twist until she did the pass 100 times perfectly.

Back