All-Star 10 Times?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

10 times is completely fine! It's worlds this weekend, that means they have 2:30 do prove themselves PERFECTLY! Don't worry about it. The coaches know what they are doing.

personally i like coaches that use those kind of tactics. it creates consistency. and consistency creates world champions.
as for the parent, she just seems to be getting the roles in the gym confused. coach, parent.... hmm. do you have closed practices?

She DID land all 10 - but then proceeded to bust in the next routine. I even gave her benefit of the doubt tonight at our showcase (because she competed it all year) and I let her throw it. It touched - so its out for sure. :-( We gave it our best - and definatley still have a lot to offer in our routine!
Thanks for the clarification, not sure why but the two posts confused me a little. Must be my old age.

Love the last chance approach for the showcase but sorry to hear didn't work for her. Good luck this weekend.

Is the mother now complaining you won't let her do it? But I agree with everything you have done so far. Hold your head up high and don't worry about, there are lots of people in this world that will never be happy no matter what you do.

Oh god seriously?! you made her throw a pass 10 times in prob what a 2-3 hour period...Umm if I was a parent watching my kids get "worlds ready" I'd be yelling "nut up or shut up! double punch double NO ONE WANTS TO SEE ARABIANS ANYMORE!!!" lol but to answer your question no your right their parents a redic.

That is true. I'm sure only a handful of people under the age of 25 got the reference anyway. :)
I had to google it..and I'm 21.

On topic: during regular practices for gymnastics we had to nail something beautifully 3-4 times before we could say we 'had' it. When we had a rough time sticking on beam, the monday practice before a big comp (we only had two practices a week), every person who fell, gave us 100 pushups. We did 500..so yeah. 10 times in a row the week before Worlds is NO biggie..lol.

Practices are open.

I have no problem parents quetsioning things on occassion. I do things because I have a reason. Quetsioning and telling me its plain wrong, absurb, and posting facebook about it is what bothers me.

at the gym i was at this season you had to nail it 3 consecutive practices in order to claim the skill >.<
"some people have good tumbling days"

Would the mother rather have her do the pass 10 times in a row or have a tumbling bust at worlds that the kid will always regret!?! You did the right thing for the kid and the team...Good Luck:)

It sounds like the mom questioned what was happening bc she felt some embarrassment.
Has she questioned anything in the past?

Devil's Advocate- Parents are paying for a service, they are allowed to ask questions.

I have a parent who questioned me because I made her daughter throw her pass 10 times due to her daughter touching down last night (Week of Worlds). Was that too much? She landed all 10 in a row, showed no signs of being in pain, and wasnt forced to owe them in a certain time limit. If the skill matters, its an Arabian through to Double.

Coming from a "much older" coach, i dont think you did anything bad at all.
First of all its worlds week. gotta push themselves like crazy!
second of all, this is a level 5 athlete you are talking about. she should be
in good condition to handle this.
i know our level 5 team warms up all 3 of their stunt sequences and pyramid at least 6 times in a row,
then runs all their tumbling 4 or 5 times. then they do their routine full out several times;
then after that they do a few more stunt thrus & a few tumble thrus. this is all in one practice. and im sure most level 5 teams out there do the same.
keep up the great work. i saw a vid of your team and they look fantastic! good luck tomorrow!

i can only imagine how furious she becomes when you "force" them to do their routine full out numerous times throughout a practice. how dare you, you monster

Back