All-Star [12/6 - 12/7] Cheertech - Wildwood, Nj (2fp, 4al)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So the website still has no OOA (insert shocked face here). Does anyone know how many teams are attending? I feel like this competition is so small every year so I am surprised they are still able to award 2 full paid bids. 14 teams going for 2 paids - those are great odds.
It's pathetic. I'm always surprised to see big name gyms going to this competition, but I guess why not take a shot at an easy paid bid?

Do you know the bid declaration?

**Giving life one signature at a time**

I emailed them a couple months ago and the response was "What's a bid declaration"? After I explained, the woman said that in the past they've given it out based on high score, but this year, since they're using the universal scoresheet, they wanted to confirm with Les that that makes sense first before deciding. That was back in September.

It's really not fair if you think about it - Universal Score Sheet is comparative within the division and can't really be compared across divisions.

It's pathetic. I'm always surprised to see big name gyms going to this competition, but I guess why not take a shot at an easy paid bid?

It's probably not that far for some of the NJ teams, and if you can get your ish together early enough to compete for a bid in the Northeast in early December, your odds are pretty good.

I emailed them a couple months ago and the response was "What's a bid declaration"? After I explained, the woman said that in the past they've given it out based on high score, but this year, since they're using the universal scoresheet, they wanted to confirm with Les that that makes sense first before deciding. That was back in September.

It's really not fair if you think about it - Universal Score Sheet is comparative within the division and can't really be compared across divisions.
Yup, this is gonna be a cluster

And from what I have heard, this pretty much sums up why Cheer Tech is not a highly regarded EP and their competitions are not well attended! :eek:

And from what I have heard, this pretty much sums up why Cheer Tech is not a highly regarded EP and their competitions are not well attended! :eek:

I kind of feel bad even posting that because the woman was really nice and helpful and actually responded to me unlike most of the other emails I sent.

The woman from jamfest replied by saying all of their bid declarations are posted on the event pages. Well obviously they're not or I wouldn't be emailing you.

The woman from jamfest replied by saying all of their bid declarations are posted on the event pages. Well obviously they're not or I wouldn't be emailing you.
Did you ever get their declarations? I'm curious about Americas Best KC this weekend and couldn't find it on the website.

Edited: I finally found it. It's under the recognition tab.

Last edited:
Did you ever get their declarations? I'm curious about Americas Best KC this weekend and couldn't find it on the website.

Edited: I finally found it. It's under the recognition tab.

Ohhh, I don't have it on RTW. I'll add it now. Thanks!

I think it's going to be a cluster for all EPs using the universal score sheet who give out bids based on score.
I wonder if bids will have to be division specific only based on the comparative scoring? No more just highest scores.

I wonder if bids will have to be division specific only based on the comparative scoring? No more just highest scores.

I'm not sure. I was told that a big EP will be revising their bid declaration, but I'm not sure yet how they'll be changing it.

Back