12 And Under

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 15, 2012
Sooooo if you are over 12, give some advice for the 12 and unders! What things do you wish you would have know before you were 12 when you were cheering!?

Always give 100% and never ever complain. Also understand there is a difference between complaining and speaking up about something your unsure of.
& I love this topic. It's a great idea.

As much as you may not want to take a break or rest, and you rather keep pushing. You need to take the break so you don't burn out so young.

Thank your parents for the money they're putting in for you.

I didn't understand until I started paying for myself, so make sure you are super appreciative.

basically what everyone else said! set goals & work hard for them. while cheer may take up a big part of your life (which is fine) don't forget to be a kid & find time to hang out with friends & do other fun stuff. when you're older the cheer schedule + high school gets a lot harder to manage & you may have to miss out on stuff then plus you don't want to burn yourself out!:)

Well, I am twelve. But, when I was eleven, I wish I knew to be disciplined during practices and to not talk or mess around. Also, I wish I knew to work through the pain.

Don't compare your skill set to 18 year olds who have been cheering 6 years longer than you have. If you REALLY want to compare your skills with them, compare what they could do at age 12, NOT what they're throwing now.

My cp will do this, has been since she was 10, and cut herself down for not being like the 18 y/o angels with their fulls and Arabians etc. she gets down on herself because she's "only" level 4 at 11.

I keep having to remind her that THEY didn't have layouts and standing tucks at 11 and 12 so she's, in fact, NOT a bad cheerleader because she doesn't have her full yet. She's on track, if not ahead. She's got 6 more years to get where they are....it won't take that long.

Perspective.

meet your new bestfriend. If I had these bad boys when I was 12, my jumps would be over my head by now.
Ankle-Weights.jpeg

Back