High School 16-17 Aacca Hs Rules

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Would this be legal with the new rules? I'm fairly positive the answer is yes but I am unsure?

"Two bracers are still required and must be double based preps with spotters. However, these bracers are no longer required to be on opposite sides of the top person being flipped. Both arms of the top person must still be connected to a bracer. This will allow other bracer positions, such as one bracer behind the top person and one bracer beside the top person."

Would this be legal with the new rules? I'm fairly positive the answer is yes but I am unsure?

"Two bracers are still required and must be double based preps with spotters. However, these bracers are no longer required to be on opposite sides of the top person being flipped. Both arms of the top person must still be connected to a bracer. This will allow other bracer positions, such as one bracer behind the top person and one bracer beside the top person."

I was curious about the same thing. It sounds like it's perfectly legal now. I just emailed my state rules representative. I want to make sure it's 100% good to go before I go and teach the athletes. I'll let you know what I hear!

A whole new wooooooorld!!!!!

OF POSSIBILITIES.

SO. FREAKING. EXCITED.

But then part of me is sad because I know that for every well executed video of this elite, we'll see 10-15 ugly ones that barely "hit" by the grace of Herkie.

A whole new wooooooorld!!!!!

OF POSSIBILITIES.

SO. FREAKING. EXCITED.

But then part of me is sad because I know that for every well executed video of this elite, we'll see 10-15 ugly ones that barely "hit" by the grace of Herkie.
Shimmied because I'm so excited too! Between this and paper dolls, pyramids will be revamped this year! I'm so excited because I've been so bored! The rules don't seem big, but there are so many possibilities to do this season!

This is my High School's team! you have no clue how hard it was to make this legal! haha but if you (or anyone at that) have any questions just let me know! I'll try my best to help!

And best of all.... YOU CAN HOLD POMS WHILE DOING A STANDING TUCK! Take that nationals judge who commented that it was silly we dropped our poms before doing our tucks, and "that it was unnecessary." I agree, completely unnecessary, but it was our only legal option!
This makes so much sense since many colleges require you to do standing tucks with Poms. Yay for a common sense rule change!

And best of all.... YOU CAN HOLD POMS WHILE DOING A STANDING TUCK! Take that nationals judge who commented that it was silly we dropped our poms before doing our tucks, and "that it was unnecessary." I agree, completely unnecessary, but it was our only legal option!

Shame on the Head Judge if they were using EScore for not catching that comment...

Back