All-Star [2/8 - 2/9] Spiritfest Nationals - Hartford, Ct

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Random side note: thoughts on the 1st place sweatshirts?

I thought they weren't bad, I would exactly call them sweatshirts. More like Light Long sleeved tees with a hood. Definitely more cost efficient for the company. My teams liked them, but still would have rather gotten letterman jackets like spirit cheer and athletic.

I'd rather have a sweatshirt. I've gotten a jacket every year for the last 4 years that I've never worn. But then again, I'm old.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
I know the feeling, I find myself looking for creative things to do with them. Most of the time My jacket ends up on display in the gym.

Things that I Cheer-loved about Spirit Fest this year....
5. Announcer in Hall A was GREAT!!!!! :D
4. Hair Stations in both venues :chestbump:
3. Clean bathrooms :cheering:
2. On time if not early with the schedule :kiss:
1. The quick assistance to the Bay State Athlete during her injury... A million :shimmy: for that.

Things that I Cheer-not loved about Spirit Fest this year.....
5. Lack of vendors (I guess this should be a like saved a ton of money...lol)
4. NOT another chicken finger, nugget whatever need more options :eek:
3. No media updates on standings (thank goodness for twitter updates):banghead:
2. To many at-large worlds bids given away, some teams won't make it out of preliminaries.
(S/O to Full House and SJS well deserved :cheering:)
1. The staff not allowing in the VIP in time to see your kids perform :mad:

Things that I Cheer-loved about Spirit Fest this year....
5. Announcer in Hall A was GREAT!!!!! :D
4. Hair Stations in both venues :chestbump:
3. Clean bathrooms :cheering:
2. On time if not early with the schedule :kiss:
1. The quick assistance to the Bay State Athlete during her injury... A million :shimmy: for that.

Things that I Cheer-not loved about Spirit Fest this year.....
5. Lack of vendors (I guess this should be a like saved a ton of money...lol)
4. NOT another chicken finger, nugget whatever need more options :eek:
3. No media updates on standings (thank goodness for twitter updates):banghead:
2. To many at-large worlds bids given away, some teams won't make it out of preliminaries.
(S/O to Full House and SJS well deserved :cheering:)
1. The staff not allowing in the VIP in time to see your kids perform :mad:

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

My daughter got a jacket and hates it, would rather the sweatshirt!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

This is totally not directed toward you, or anyone in particular, but just a thought…

When a CP hates a jacket, sweatshirt or any other gear given to national champs, remind that CP that there are thousands of cheerleaders who don't get jackets, don't even have a shot to get a jacket….ever….and they keep coming back if, for nothing else, but the love of the sport, the self-satisfaction of performing a perfect routine, and the chance…the slight chance…that a miracle could occur and they feel the exhilaration of winning.

This weekend at SpiritFest my large senior level 2 (SI Spirit) got a paid bid to the summit, I am looking to see if anyone has a video of it being announced. I want to put a "road to summit" video together for the kids. If anyone can help if really appreciate it!!

This is totally not directed toward you, or anyone in particular, but just a thought…

When a CP hates a jacket, sweatshirt or any other gear given to national champs, remind that CP that there are thousands of cheerleaders who don't get jackets, don't even have a shot to get a jacket….ever….and they keep coming back if, for nothing else, but the love of the sport, the self-satisfaction of performing a perfect routine, and the chance…the slight chance…that a miracle could occur and they feel the exhilaration of winning.
I agree and I reminded her of that almost exactly what you said! And she said I know you're right mom but I hate jackets! She's just not a jacket wearer, she's a sweatshirt girl. Her NCA coat never gets worn. I only commented because someone brought it up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

This weekend at SpiritFest my large senior level 2 (SI Spirit) got a paid bid to the summit, I am looking to see if anyone has a video of it being announced. I want to put a "road to summit" video together for the kids. If anyone can help if really appreciate it!!
I cant seem to find one, but when you get one do you mind posting it on here? Never got a chance to see the team perform. BTW Congrats on your bid! :)

I cant seem to find one, but when you get one do you mind posting it on here? Never got a chance to see the team perform. BTW Congrats on your bid! :)
Thank You! and Thanks for looking, We, as a gym, don't like to post videos until the end of the competition season but I will be more than glad to post some videos then. We are very proud of our kids they work very hard.

Thank You! and Thanks for looking, We, as a gym, don't like to post videos until the end of the competition season but I will be more than glad to post some videos then. We are very proud of our kids they work very hard.
Are SI Not taking the bid? You weren't on the updated list form varsity. Congrats on making the climb to the top.

Back