All-Star [2/8 - 2/9] Spiritfest Nationals - Hartford, Ct

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

They had a pretty big count last year - at least before they had to reschedule.

Wouldn't be surprised if they go back to 2 next year, it's all based on numbers.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Oh me either! I just meant that it's frustrating how unorganized it all seems with all these bids at stake.

I thought Summit bids were given the same as Worlds bids - meaning 3 at large for every 1 paid. Am I wrong? Does Varsity have specific guidelines for bid awarding for the Summit or is it random?
I haven't read anywhere what the guide line is. I think the should come up with a guide/standard for every event.

They dropped a paid and at large from last year. Well I guess they added 2 more at larges but I'm sure people would trade 2 at larges for a 1 paid. LOL :cheering:

2014 Spirit Fest Championships Summit Bids
Spirit Fest will be awarding 2 Paid Bids and 10 At-Large Bids to The 2013 Summit in Orlando this season in
Hartford, CT. The process for awarding bids is outlined as follows:
Spirit Fest will award 2 PAID BIDS to the highest percentage of perfection teams in each Levels 1 through 5.
( T iny, Mini, and Worlds Divisions are not eligible.)
Spirit Fest will award 1 AT LARGE BIDS to the highest percentage of perfection teams in level 5.
Spirit Fest will award 3 AT LARGE BIDS to the highest percentage of perfection teams in level 4
Spirit Fest will award 3 AT LARGE BIDS to the highest percentage of perfection teams in level 3
Spirit Fest will award 2 AT LARGE BIDS to the highest percentage of perfection teams in level 2
Spirit Fest will award 1 AT LARGE BIDS to the highest percentage of perfection teams in level 1
Teams who are eligible for Summit Bids must at registration inform Spirit Fest of their intent to accept or decline
an At-Large Summit Bid or accept or decline a Paid Summit Bid by program and team.
PAID Bids will not be awarded until the very last awards session on Sunday. An At-Large Summit Bids
awarded during the awards sessions on Sunday are still eligible to receive a PAID bid in the last session even
if the team is not present at awards.​

Spirit Fest will be awarding 2 Paid Bids and 10 At-Large Bids to The 2013 Summit in Orlando this season in
Spirit Fest will award 2 PAID BIDS to the highest percentage of perfection teams in each Levels 1 through 5.
Spirit Fest will award 1 AT LARGE BIDS to the highest percentage of perfection teams in level 5.
Spirit Fest will award 3 AT LARGE BIDS to the highest percentage of perfection teams in level 4
Spirit Fest will award 3 AT LARGE BIDS to the highest percentage of perfection teams in level 3
Spirit Fest will award 2 AT LARGE BIDS to the highest percentage of perfection teams in level 2
Spirit Fest will award 1 AT LARGE BIDS to the highest percentage of perfection teams in level 1
Teams who are eligible for Summit Bids must at registration inform Spirit Fest of their intent to accept or decline
an At-Large Summit Bid or accept or decline a Paid Summit Bid by program and team.
PAID Bids will not be awarded until the very last awards session on Sunday. An At-Large Summit Bids
awarded during the awards sessions on Sunday are still eligible to receive a PAID bid in the last session even
Thank you! I tried to do some research and there doesn't seem to be a consistent pattern as to x amount of at-large for every 1 paid for any of the competitions this year - some are 5 at-large for 1 paid, some are 3 at-large for every one paid and some don't even seem to divide equally! Just seems strange to me! Allstartracker.com gives really good information so kudos whoever runs that site! Anyone from Varsity care to explain how the number of bids are determined?

CHAMPIONSHIP AWARDS
This year we will be awarding the top 3 all-star teams in each division with placement banners. All all-star teams not placing in the top 3 will receive will receive a banner. Levels 1-4 athletes that are crowned na- tional champions will receive championship hoodies. Levels 5-6 athletes that are crowned national champi- ons will receive championship jackets. We will also be awarding banners to the All-Star Grand Champions.

best explanation I have heard so far!
Thanks

How is the comp going so far? Any standings yet or is it too early in the day?

The Fierce Board App!

ImageUploadedByFierce Board1391905829.165486.jpg
ImageUploadedByFierce Board1391905866.634705.jpg

Small senior and ioc5

It would be pretty amazing if Blackjacks could pull through and get a full paid bid. They always give the most entertaining performances at comps!

The Fierce Board App!

I wish! International teams aren't eligible though for paid!

We're just hoping to get a bid :)

Back