All-Star 2 Stunt Pyramid

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 7, 2012
anyone ever have to compete with a 2 stunt group pyramid? I am being forced to do this, we had some get injured (not cheer related) and some with flu bad...any suggestions? level 2

I want to say @cupieqt had an awesome pyramid with 8 or 9? I think it was her
Thank you for the recommendation. Good memory!
But yes, every year we have teams (usually more than one) with only 8 or 9 athletes so I'm pretty good at pyramids. I do give credit to Courtney Pope for her advice though and it was that advice that made ALL the difference.

Basically she said to stop seeing pyramids as this stagnant, side group-middle group-side group, stationary structure and look at it more as a machine with constantly moving parts. Bases become backspots, fliers become bases, everyone moves and nothing stays in one place.

Use shoulder sits, step over or on someone's back, hop over a leg, change direction and go with the flow. Use your mistakes. Put it together THEN make it legal and check for the number of structures and transitions when you're done.

Idk why but this made it so much easier for me to dream up new and creative ways. And if you just can't get creative, go look at one small section of a large teams pyramid and see if you can be inspired from that.

I could sit here and tell you all day long what structures to hit with a shoulder sit and a prep, but in reality, you know your athletes, what they're capable of and how they'll handle different elements better than anyone. Good luck! Tag me if you do want to spitball some ideas though. I love a good brainstorm session. You never know what might end up on the idea shelf from thinking out loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thank you so much I needed to hear that tonight <3

But yes, every year we have teams (usually more than one) with only 8 or 9 athletes so I'm pretty good at pyramids. I do give credit to Courtney Pope for her advice though and it was that advice that made ALL the difference.

Basically she said to stop seeing pyramids as this stagnant, side group-middle group-side group, stationary structure and look at it more as a machine with constantly moving parts. Bases become backspots, fliers become bases, everyone moves and nothing stays in one place.

Use shoulder sits, step over or on someone's back, hop over a leg, change direction and go with the flow. Use your mistakes. Put it together THEN make it legal and check for the number of structures and transitions when you're done.

Idk why but this made it so much easier for me to dream up new and creative ways. And if you just can't get creative, go look at one small section of a large teams pyramid and see if you can be inspired from that.

I could sit here and tell you all day long what structures to hit with a shoulder sit and a prep, but in reality, you know your athletes, what they're capable of and how they'll handle different elements better than anyone. Good luck! Tag me if you do want to spitball some ideas though. I love a good brainstorm session. You never know what might end up on the idea shelf from thinking out loud.

We have very small teams and this is a great approach! Thanks for sharing!!

Back