All-Star 2010 Unlimited Coed

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I would encourage you to do some skill sheet comparisons between those teams and the current top 2-3. Note unassisted stunts, elite (4 trick) baskets, toe fulls, and elite standing tumbling sequences. I think you will be surprised with your results.

I absolutely agree with this statement! From my eyes I see a much more competitive edge in the division this year than I do in 2010. Although both of these teams were phenomenal, now-a-days it's great to see how much MORE competitive these teams are and how refreshing it is to see so many strong competitors. And usually when a division like this gets a lot of attention, others dissemble, but it seems like still IOC5, MC and SC are just as large (with the exception of SC being outrageous, as always). I like the way the COED teams are progressing, it's a very exciting thing for our industry :) NOW IF ONLY we can get these girls to stop being so scurrrred and get up on that large senior level, I would die. JUST DIE!

I would encourage you to do some skill sheet comparisons between those teams and the current top 2-3. Note unassisted stunts, elite (4 trick) baskets, toe fulls, and elite standing tumbling sequences. I think you will be surprised with your results.

I agree 100%. I think it would be very beneficial to take the time to actually look at the scoresheets and do the actual analysis of difficulty/# of skills before making a statement like the one that Wads_SFA did. Let's crunch the numbers here, people!

Not every all-girl team is medium or small simply because they are scared of the large senior teams. I can think of one in particular.
I'm pretty sure that one team would slay every single large team...with or without the extra number of athletes.

So your trying to say that the skill level of the top 2-3 teams at NCA based on skill this year (2012) have more skill or could have beaten Top Gun or Cali back in 2010 ? i disagree and also toe fulls are worth the same on the score sheet as a standing full

So your trying to say that the skill level of the top 2-3 teams at NCA based on skill this year (2012) have more skill or could have beaten Top Gun or Cali back in 2010 ? i disagree and also toe fulls are worth the same on the score sheet as a standing full

It is perfectly OK to prefer the style of the 2010 teams. I have no issue with that whatsoever. That is a matter of opinion.

I simply asked you to do a skill-by-skill comparison and see if you felt the same way about the level of difficulty. That was all.

FYI - Toe fulls are more difficult than standing fulls, kick kick doubles are more difficult than kick doubles, and unassisted stunts are more difficult than all-girl style or assisted ones. All of those differences are reflected on the current rubric/scoresheets.

It is perfectly OK to prefer the style of the 2010 teams. I have no issue with that whatsoever. That is a matter of opinion.

I simply asked you to do a skill-by-skill comparison and see if you felt the same way about the level of difficulty. That was all.

FYI - Toe fulls are more difficult than standing fulls, kick kick doubles are more difficult than kick doubles, and unassisted stunts are more difficult than all-girl style or assisted ones. All of those differences are reflected on the current rubric/scoresheets.

I mean if were talking about just CA cheetahs then yah there the only ones with completely unassisted stunts 4 skill baskets and majority toe fulls. But top gun large still only does standing fulls, there stunts are not completely unassisted and baskets are not all elite 4 skill baskets. And cali coed isn't as good as they were in 2010. So basically cheetahs is the only top team that overall had better skills than the top 3 teams of 2010

this has been the most exciting year of cheer for me since 08, when they did away with Large Coed. So much competition, in every division. Like said, number of guys does make a difference. I have to disagree, I am more than happy with large coed this year.

Back