All-Star 2011 Worlds Bids Vs 2012 Worlds Bids

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

After reading that what are they going to do with divisions like large senior that have less then 10. Will they skip prelims and just have everyone compete in semi just to compete? Also with the International Divisions they have worlds trial thing and then semi finals, what about divisions like the level 6 that probably won't have 10 teams from the US competing, will they skip the worlds trials like they did last year?

*I apologize if this is listed somewhere and I am just had a brain fart and missed it.

They said this year that US Trials are happening on Friday regardless (last year it was only if there were more than 10, so I6 didn't compete at all until Sunday and had both prelims and finals on the same day). Right now there about 8 coed 6 teams and I think around the same number of all-girl and they'll all get to compete twice.

My post above only applies to Senior Small & Senior Small Coed.

All Other Senior Club Divisions - Level 5, (Senior Medium, Senior Medium
Coed, Senior Large and Senior Large Coed): All teams entering these divisions must compete in the Semi-Final round on Saturday, April 28, 2012 at ESPN Wide World of Sports® Complex. NEW: The top 10 teams from each of the Senior Club Divisions, will progress from the Semi-Final round to the Finals on Sunday, April 29, 2012 at ESPN Wide World of Sports® Complex. The performance order for all divisions will be reverse seeded based off the Semi-Finals results.

so based on this info, in the large senior all girl division, if the gym was able to procure a bid, it looks like they could automatically call themselves world finalists... something just doesn't seem right about that.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Which brings up a discussion, should most programs be going to Worlds?

Obviously less at large bids should be given out, but i feel like everyone is ready to eliminate any team who isn't well established already.

And isn't competing on friday the solution? If only 10 teams move on to semi- finals, aren't the best teams being showcased sat & sun? I fail to see how allowing these teams to compete on friday is really that much of a problem.

If we are talking about the financial burden on the athletes and families of "undeserving" level 5 teams, I believe worlds is discussed and financially planned for without a "paid bid" by every level 5 team before the season starts, regardless of skill, being that it is so easy to get an at large bid. In my opinion all star cheer is an extra-curricular activity that every athlete signs up for knowing the financial obligation. If a team wants to go to worlds, it should be there business and decision to spend the money. I would be surprised if all 80 or so at large bids in small coed and all girl have been told or believe that they are making semi-finals.

If the issue is having too many athletes and spectators in one arena by the time the top teams come around, than maybe yes, less teams should be invited - but this seems like a lame reason.

I also think having the opportunity to go to worlds and a chance to see all the great teams is very beneficial and inspiring to those who are not quite at that level yet, it is good for them to see that they are close to greatness but also see the drive and sheer determination of the top teams - to see what it really takes.

Think of Worlds like the Olympics. You need to qualify to get there. Currently the qualifying process is too easy AND based on one performance once for the season. Take fewer teams to Worlds and make the qualifying process take more than one event.

I had this thought the other day and it may be completely and utterly ridiculous, but i'll share anyway :p

What if you had to apply for an invitation to worlds? Send MULTIPLE performance videos and results of all USASF sanctioned competitions.

USASF then may choose to invite you. Once invited, you could apply for "sponsorship" (paid bid) from NCA, UCA, JAMBrands, etc. (They would only have an allotted amount of bids to give, as usual, so they would have to be highly selective)

Would this ever work? My brain may just be fried after just sending out all of my grad school applications and this may just be a crazy idea, but just a thought :)

What if how you placed at an event, how many level 5 teams were at the event, and how many teams were in your division collectively over the season who qualified for Worlds?

What if how you placed at an event, how many level 5 teams were at the event, and how many teams were in your division collectively over the season who qualified for Worlds?

How would that work with the div that have small numbers like Large Sr?

Someone said whats the big deal since prelims on fri weed out the lower performing teams, my issue is making all at large bids compete on Fri, because there are just too many teams. Everyone should compete against everyone so you really know where you rank in the Country/World. Who paid for you to get there shouldn't matter

How would that work with the div that have small numbers like Large Sr?

Someone said whats the big deal since prelims on fri weed out the lower performing teams, my issue is making all at large bids compete on Fri, because there are just too many teams. Everyone should compete against everyone so you really know where you rank in the Country/World. Who paid for you to get there shouldn't matter

I still say let the top 10 or 20 only go to Worlds. Then the top 10 or 20 qualifiers would based on how many are in the division would go.

I think the problem with the current system is less what happens when you get there (though that amount of teams is ridiculous) but more how you get there. Think of all the bid hunting.

I totally agree with the bid hunting, I dont like it, we need limits

There is no fair way to stop bid hunting. If you want to get rid of bid hunting, need to get rid of bids. One will always exist with the other. (Kinda like the individual mandate on insurance and not getting denied for pre-existing conditions).

Yeah its a big turn off, what if everyone, regardless of division who didnt place in the top 3 or 4 or 5 when they got their at large bid competed on Fri? I feel like there's a HUGE gap in someone placing 2nd and getting an AL and someone placing 25th or even 5th, 6th or 7th and still getting an AL.

Some of the comps that give bids at the end of season have such a low turn out, it would give teams a reason to still go by trying to place higher even when they know they cant get a paid bid.
That is not always true though. Look at NCA 2012. My CPs Medium Coed team finished 11th in their division and got an At Large bid but they also outscored the team that placed 4th in small coed. So my CPs team should have to compete Friday and that 4th place team shouln't? See how that wouldn't be fair? What if all Worlds Bid EPs had to use a universal score sheet and a team had to receive a set minimum score or better to qualify for a bid? Then you wouldn't have teams scoring in the low to mid 80s on the Varsity score sheet being awarded bids for example. Just my thought on how to keep the level of competition at Worlds tough!!

That is not always true though. Look at NCA 2012. My CPs Medium Coed team finished 11th in their division and got an At Large bid but they also outscored the team that placed 4th in small coed. So my CPs team should have to compete Friday and that 4th place team shouln't? See how that wouldn't be fair? What if all Worlds Bid EPs had to use a universal score sheet and a team had to receive a set minimum score or better to qualify for a bid? Then you wouldn't have teams scoring in the low to mid 80s on the Varsity score sheet being awarded bids for example. Just my thought on how to keep the level of competition at Worlds tough!!

No its not always true, I like the idea of everyone using the same score sheets and minimum score, that works too. I imagine there would be situations that doesnt seem fair to someone too. I dont know if smaller is what the powers that be really want, this event didn't get this big over night

This is why I think in order to get a worlds bid you should be judged on your worlds scoresheet at that competition. Then there should be a minimum score you must get in order to receive a bid.

Back