All-Star 2011 Worlds Bids Vs 2012 Worlds Bids

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

redsmom

Cheer Parent
Mar 30, 2010
I was curious about the distribution of bids with the new divisions, so I put together a summary of last years bids vs. this years bids so far (3 Fulls, 3 Partials and 12 At Larges still available) FYI

Sm AG 18 Full Paid, 6 Partial Paid, 50 At Large Total = 74 bids
Lg AG 8 Full Paid, 1 Partial, 5 At Large Total = 14 bids
Total AG = 88 bids

Sm AG 9 Full Paid, 2 Partial Paid, 45 At Large Total = 56 bids
Md AG 12 Full Paid, 1 Partial Paid, 6 At Large Total = 19 bids
Lg AG 3 Full Paid, 4 At Large Total = 7 bids
Total AG = 82 bids

Sm Coed Full Paid = 19, Partial Paid = 4, At Large = 47 Total = 70 bids
Lg Ltd Full Paid = 10, Partial Paid = 1, At Large = 11 Total = 22 bids
Semi Ltd Full Paid = 5, Partial Paid = 2, At Large = 7 Total = 14 bids
Unltd Full Paid = 3, At Large = 3 Total = 6 bids
Total Coed Bids = 112 bids

Sm Coed Full Paid = 16, Partial Paid = 4, At Large = 56 Total = 76 bids
Md Coed Full Paid = 14, Partial Paid = 1, At Large = 18 Total = 33 bids
Lg Coed Full Paid = 7, Partial Paid = 1, At Large = 4 Total = 12 bids
Total Coed Bids = 121 bids

IO5 Full Paid = 1, Partial Paid = 3, At Large = 8 Total = 12 bids
IOC5 Full Paid = 6, Partial Paid = 3, At Large = 34 Total = 43 bids
IO6 Partial = 1, At Large = 3 Total = 4 bids
IOC6 Partial = 3, At Large = 14 Total = 17 bids
Total Intl Bids = 76 bids

IO5 Full Paid = 2, Partial Paid = 2, At Large = 9 Total = 13 bids
IOC5 Full Paid = 10, Partial Paid = 3, At Large = 29 Total = 42 bids
IO6 Partial = 1, At Large = 9 Total = 10 bids
IOC6 Partial = 2, At Large = 8 Total = 10 bids
Total Intl Bids = 75 bids

There are WAY too many at-large bids given out to worlds for sm sr and sm coed...
I can almost guarantee that half those teams are barely/should be sr restricted 5 teams. -___-

So which At Large teams this year would you go to their gym and sit in front of those athletes, parents and coaches and say - You dont deserve to go because you got an At Large Bid?

If there are too many bids, that should be done on the front end of the process by USASF and EP's, not by belittling the teams that earn them by going through a process they did not create.

Ugh, this is unacceptable. It's my favorite division, but when it can't even get rid of the "Top 10" trophies, the division needs to go. Right now, The Big 3 (R.I.P. Panthers) are the only thing keeping that division on life support. It's dead and we need to let go. It's sad, but true. :(

I don't think it needs to go! I just think other organizations need to get thier weight up! Kudos to Fame, Charlotte, All Star One, and Capital Elite for not punking out of the division! Nothing beats a failure but a try, because every team is beatable!

So which At Large teams this year would you go to their gym and sit in front of those athletes, parents and coaches and say - You dont deserve to go because you got an At Large Bid?

If there are too many bids, that should be done on the front end of the process by USASF and EP's, not by belittling the teams that earn them by going through a process they did not create.

Absolutely not what I meant. Everyone going is set to go, good for them. My comment was moreso ABOUT the front end.
In all honesty, this competition is no longer a competition strictly for the best of the best level 5 teams in the country/ the world. It's now kind of a competition that permits almost any team with level 5 skills (and money) a chance to go. I know that's not a problem for some, but it doesn't make much sense/ loses prestige in that sense for me in terms of attendance. (Especially if we want to keep adding on to the list of things allstar cheerleading does that breaks the system of traditionally recognized sports... just because you're a level 10 gymnast doesn't mean you are good enough to go to the Olympics).

Of course the best teams will win or at least do very well, but IMO every team that goes to worlds or at least a very large percentage should be good enough to medal/ place in the top 10. That's not the case with the sm coed and sm sr division specifically because there are too many companies giving out too many bids.

Ugh, this is unacceptable. It's my favorite division, but when it can't even get rid of the "Top 10" trophies, the division needs to go. Right now, The Big 3 (R.I.P. Panthers) are the only thing keeping that division on life support. It's dead and we need to let go. It's sad, but true. :(
I don't necessarily disagree, I'd like to see it go one more year just to see if there is a trend with regard to medium. 19 in medium is not that big when you consider that 6 of them moved from large (Fame SS, FCA, TSU, Stingrays, WE, PSS) and probably/maybe would have stayed large if 30 wasn't an option. So of the 13 others in medium. I think 7 of those moved from small senior (Panthers, Fire & Ice, Texas, World Cup, AZ Power, Cheer Station, Weathergirls), the other 6 appear to either be new or have come from coed divisions(Cali Aces, CEA Lady X, CF Senior Black, American Elite, SJS Lady Reign, Trinity). (Please correct me if I am wrong.)

If there are 90-100 AG teams, what are the right numbers to get divisions that are more equally distributed (whether that be 2 divisions or 3 divisions). Almost 70% still chose to go small even though it will be really tough for most of those teams to even get through to Saturday (10 of 45). It looks like going from 20 to 30 may still be too big of a jump or were folks just cautious of this new division.

I don't think it needs to go! I just think other organizations need to get thier weight up! Kudos to Fame, Charlotte, All Star One, and Capital Elite for not punking out of the division! Nothing beats a failure but a try, because every team is beatable!

Capitol Elite (if this is the one from illinois was either small restricted 5 or sm sr coed 5 at start of season, kicked the boys off added a few girls.) This past weeked had 22 girls. Not hardly large, but smart because they figured out how to play the game...now they dont have to compete on Friday. And dont all the large teams advance to finals?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Capitol Elite (if this is the one from illinois was either small restricted 5 or sm sr coed 5 at start of season, kicked the boys off added a few girls.) This past weeked had 22 girls. Not hardly large, but smart because they figured out how to play the game...now they dont have to compete on Friday. And dont all the large teams advance to finals?

i don't feel like that's right. a team with 22 girls shouldn't be allowed to compete large, just so they can go to finals, when there is a division for their size. Are they definitely going as large? because I know FCA competed "large" at supernationals when they got their bid, but they're definitely medium, there just wasn't a medium division there.

who has the other 4 at large bids. I know Fame Epic and Charlotte Gold (I think)
At-Large: All Star One Starbursts - Mid Atlantic Cheer Company (03/11/12)
At-Large: Capital Elite Allstars Thunder - One Up (03/18/12)
At-Large: Charlotte Allstars Gold - NCA (02/26/12)
At-Large: FAME Allstars Epic - Cheer Tech (12/04/11)

found this in the wiki

They need to compete in whatever division they earned a bid in. However, it was most likely just listed as large on the schedule for the EP. Their division for worlds will be medium.

World Packet :
Senior Divisions – Level 5:
• Senior Small: 12-18 years, No males, 5 to 20 members
• Senior Medium: 12-18 years, No males, 21 to 30 members
• Senior Large: 12-18 years, No males, 31 to 36 members

If they are in fact medium, then they should not be allowed to cheat thier way into avoiding the semi-finals!

No, they won't automatically advance everyone to finals. If that was their "sneaky plan" to get to finals then they are mistaken. Last year in unlimited there were 8 teams that competed, and 4 moved to finals. I can almost assure you that Worlds won't move any more than 4 teams to Day 2 in that division. And let's just put all our cards on the table here and be frank. Stars, F5 and SE are already penciled in as 3 of those teams. Unless there are some legendary, earth-shattering mistakes those 3 teams are into Day 2. The other 4 teams are competing for 1 spot.

Back