All-Star 2012-2013 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We canceled and then went to Varsity and got our uniforms in three weeks:)

Well that's upsetting since Varsity is who is making UA's uniforms. So you ordered after them and received before them? Way to go, Varsity. :rolleyes: It's like a restaurant where you order your food and the table next to you (that came in and sat after you ordered) eats and pays before you get your food...

(But I get what you're saying. YES, switch and order from someone else.)

ETA: darlingraexo I guess since they made changes yes, it still makes sense that they don't have them yet. As a parent I'd want someone's head on a platter though - I know they've paid every month and I'd be fit to be tied right now.

Oh I had no idea about that! We had our clothing lady bling ours so we just had a simple uniform and we did the bling:) The sooner we could get them the better!
Well that's upsetting since Varsity is who is making UA's uniforms. So you ordered after them and received before them? Way to go, Varsity. :rolleyes: It's like a restaurant where you order your food and the table next to you (that came in and sat after you ordered) eats and pays before you get your food...

(But I get what you're saying. YES, switch and order from someone else.)

ETA: darlingraexo I guess since they made changes yes, it still makes sense that they don't have them yet. As a parent I'd want someone's head on a platter though - I know they've paid every month and I'd be fit to be tied right now.
Oh I had no idea varisty was making theirs! I guess we did bling ours ourselves (we have a lady who does our apperal so she did it)... The sooner we could get them the better!

Just to add, as a parent I'm actually the customer. Yes, technically the gym is ordering the uniforms, but I'm the one paying. If:

1. I pay for a uniform for a season
2. that season is 8 competitions
3. I start paying in June like I'm supposed to
4. I only get to use that uniform for 4 competitions

I don't care what happens after I pay (if it's the gym making changes, the vendor being slow, a pack of wild dogs eating the uniforms, or a burglar stealing them...doesn't matter to me, as long as it's not something I did), someone is giving me some money back. I don't actually care if it's the uniform vendor, the gym, or Bob down the street. If I don't get what I pay for, then I want some of what I paid back.

ETA:
Oh I had no idea varisty was making theirs!

:p I figured you didn't.

Yeah... I see what you are saying it is an absolute miracle that ours came in when they did! My parents were so incredibly mad when they weren't in for the second competition... I mean if you pay for it you should get it when the company says they will be there, unless something really bad happens.

On my phone hope this works
2012-12-01_11-27-29_625.jpg
Love the length of the shorts, looks very athletic from the front!

Well they did get their prototype a couple of weeks ago if I'm correct and made changes so.. I mean I don't know how long things normally take, but I expected this to happen. I believe when we got our last unis, we went 2 or 3 comps without them and got them just in time for WSF.

The prototype actually came much longer than a couple weeks ago.

And last time we got new unis, they competed twice without them and actually debuted them at LIVE.

I just posted this in Sharkdad's thread too, but seriously. At this point if you don't have uniforms cancel the order. No way would I do business with a company this bad. They've made do without for 3 competitions, I'd keep right on making do. And then get new uniforms for Worlds, and use those as program unis next season.

They'd get plenty of support for taking a stand - probably more support than they'll get for the poor new uniforms. No way can they live up to these expectations at this point - unless the uniforms have flashing lights and improve tumbling! All that's going to happen no matter what they look like (I don't know what they look like ftr) is everyone is going to say "Oh. I expected more." As a parent at this point I'd be happy with a refund and no uniform.
Canceling an order at this date AND actually get your money back? Would that really happen? They are stuck...and that must be so infuriating for all involved.

Canceling an order at this date AND actually get your money back? Would that really happen? They are stuck...and that must be so infuriating for all involved.

And that is why I would never, ever sign a contract without a clause stating that. Usually around $300-350 per uniform? And usually at least 100-200 kids (maybe more, like at UA). Yep, you'd be writing up a real contract for that kind of money before I'd ever agree to it. And any contract would state the date I had to have them by and what would happen if I didn't (perhaps pro-rating for a comp or two, after that the contract is null and void and I get a full refund). I think this is what SharkDad was saying in his thread. If this isn't already happening, why not? It's up to the gym owners to start putting their foot down and say "NO. I'm not signing up to get uniforms from you until you agree to these terms in writing." When all the gyms start saying this, it will become common practice.

As long as the gyms tolerate it, it will continue to happen. And as long as parents continue to tolerate it, gyms will continue to tolerate it.

I don't own a gym, but i'm not an idiot, and I do buy a lot of stuff. :oops: I see so many things on here about people not getting music and uniforms on time. WHY is this stuff not put in writing before any money exchanges hands? (On both sides - I also see a lot about gyms not paying vendors, so this would benefit the vendor as well I would hope)

I'm curious...do any of these gyms have in writing that they'll have the uniforms by a certain date? (and on the flip side, do the vendors have it in writing when they'll get paid and when they'll have the final order/design in hand?) Does anyone have a clause that states what happens if either side doesn't stick to their terms? Because if not I'm for sure starting a uniform company and this is going to be our big marketing campaign - guarantees in writing of every step of the ordering process, including refunds if the terms aren't met.

You have to put down 75% at the time of the order, so no matter what they not getting more than a 25% discount. Even with that, I would say that would be a big nightmare where they refuse to pay the balance, NOT a nice "we are sorry for the problems" from the company...

You have to put down 75% at the time of the order, so no matter what they not getting more than a 25% discount. Even with that, I would say that would be a big nightmare where they refuse to pay the balance, NOT a nice "we are sorry for the problems" from the company...
most unfortunate but I agree.

Knowing what has happened this year NOBODY should give the company that should be referred to as "Manufacturer who never not lives up to promises made..." more than a 25% deposit. Unfortunately they are very powerful and as long as gyms continue to use them and then get stuck with no recourse available...they will continue to thrive.

At my old gym we had a lady in town make our uniforms, and we rented them instead of buying them. They were beautiful!
My school uses "Not GK" for our school uniforms, and it was a mess. We needed a couple more because there were more girls this year, so we ordered some. First they sent correct tops but skirts with the wrong shade of green. Then we had to order even more and we placed an order and then added to it the same day. Even though it was all ordered together, 3 or 4 came in but the others came 2 months later, so those girls were w/o a uniform. The good thing about school is that we have multiple, so it wasn't a huge issue, but if we hadn't had another uniform...

Cheerleading is so weird. It's the only business I know where the people receiving the money are the ones in control. It's supposed to be the opposite - the customer is in control. Why would anyone tolerate that? Hasn't anyone in cheer ever heard of an attorney?

It's the same in all parts of cheer. The gyms pretty much own the athletes and their parents, and we just write them checks and do what they say. The EP's get money from the gym to compete, the gym complains non-stop about how the EP operates, and then the next year they're on the schedule again. :confused: The uniform companies get their 75%, do whatever they want for however many weeks, and then when they're ready they send the uniforms, and the gym pays the rest...and then orders from them again in 2 years (and has the same problems).

So backwards. Thank God our gyms never had these uniform and music problems. I am clearly not as nice as y'all, because my reaction to this is not "What are they gonna wear? How about sports bras?" My reaction is more like "Whose head is coming to me on a platter? And when will I be getting my check?"

The prototype actually came much longer than a couple weeks ago.

And last time we got new unis, they competed twice without them and actually debuted them at LIVE.
Got ya! I wasn't sure, so thanks for clearing that up. My memory isn't the greatest. Hope they come in soon though!

Back