All-Star 2012-2013 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm not sure what to do about the back? If you have a suggestion, let me know, it's fine at the top.

A tailor might be able to take it in. The cp in the picture (not sure if she's yours) looks like she is TINY at the waist and might need someone to taper it a little. That'd be hard to do yourself. The uniform is super cute though - very athletic but still enough bling to make me happy. :cloud9:

As for the blue lips, I read your other thread but didn't comment because everyone had already said what I thought. Your coach is crazy. The girl is drop dead gorgeous but the lips look ridiculous. (Seriously y'all, cover up the lips, and look at her face - she looks like a model. With the blue lips she looks like a Monster High Doll.) I hope your coach gets enough feedback from competition that she changes her mind about that lipstick.

(ETA Dear guy that used to go to UA but doesn't anymore that doesn't think anyone should talk about gyms they don't go to: my kids don't go to this gym either, but I'm still commenting.:eek: )

166lw60.jpg

10 years later, Ichiban finally caught on!

Lol She is my daughter & she does have a tiny waist & narrow hips. I'll see if my MIL can taper it since I can't sew! I don't mind the opinions. I wasn't sold on the blue lips either. I thought the coach was bonkers. It's not as bad as I imagined though & it is growing on me a little. Maybe it will look better with full makeup.(eyes darker & their crown sticker ..IDK.... I'm sure if judges hate it they will change it!

Lol She is my daughter & she does have a tiny waist & narrow hips. I'll see if my MIL can taper it since I can't sew! I don't mind the opinions. I wasn't sold on the blue lips either. I thought the coach was bonkers. It's not as bad as I imagined though & it is growing on me a little. Maybe it will look better with full makeup.(eyes darker & their crown sticker ..IDK.... I'm sure if judges hate it they will change it!

Oooooh post a pic with the full makeup when you can. The more I'm looking at it, the more I don't hate it. :p (I know that's not quite a compliment yet, but we're getting there! I'm still thinking this girl should be a model though) Maybe with the sticker and the dark eyes it will balance more. Right now all I see is LIPS.

I'm not sure what to do about the back? If you have a suggestion, let me know, it's fine at the top.
Since I've tailored a few uniforms in my time (unfortunately, someone found out I can sew and tattled on me to other cheer moms), I can give a suggestion here.

When tailoring tops it's all about changing the fit without changing the lines or the alignment of the trim. Since this uniform appears to fit well in the front, and it looks like there are a total of four seams - one on each side and two where the insert is in the back, this would be a fairly easy fix for an experienced person. You or another person can turn this in similar to a 'dart' used from bustline to waste on some shirts. By taking in equal amounts across all four of those seams, you should be able to retain the proportions and the overall image. This is fairly simple and shouldn't necessarily require you to pay a tailor. I would be aggravated if I had to pay for that on top of the cost of the uniform.

PM me if you need more detail.

Does anyone remember when Sparks minis used to have black superhero masks painted on their face? How did that go over with the judges? I know they did it at multiple comps so it must have worked for them!

Back