All-Star 2012 - 2013 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Amazing, I am so pulling for GBE Lime this year and I havent even seen anyone elses videos. I wish there was more of an attempt to catch the flyer in the first stunt .. her poor tailbone, I am impressed with the opening standing full section.. is there an official count for them? do cartwheel standing fulls count?, Loving the syncro tumbling to the back after the stunt its veryyy clean and looks like majority !

Cant wait to see the whole routine cleaned up its going to be amazing !
Good Luck to GBE

The fall in the first stunt............. Not even an attempt to catch her.
ive watched the video a couple of times and have to disagree with that. as the flyer is coming down, she steps out on to her side base's chest/arm, making it pretty impossible for the side base to catch. At that point, the only person who can catch is the main base who is holding on to the flyers foot. for the main base to catch, she would have to completely let go of the flyer. At least by keeping ahold of the foot, the base was able to guide the flyer slightly more gently to the ground rather than letting her free fall.

ive watched the video a couple of times and have to disagree with that. as the flyer is coming down, she steps out on to her side base's chest/arm, making it pretty impossible for the side base to catch. At that point, the only person who can catch is the main base who is holding on to the flyers foot. for the main base to catch, she would have to completely let go of the flyer. At least by keeping ahold of the foot, the base was able to guide the flyer slightly more gently to the ground rather than letting her free fall.

I saw the one base get stepped on, but guiding the flyer gently is the last thing that other base did. She did not slow her at all. It could have been 100x better by simply pulling the flyer in towards her or to a squish position when it first started to fall, rather both bases (obviously about 3/4 of the way through one base was taken out) gave up and let her fall. I assume the thought process was that this girl would step down to the ground, in the heat of the moment it's hard to judge sometimes how a flyer's going to fall, but I just find it astounding how the main base stayed basically still while that girl fell. I would have done everything to throw my arms around her, throw my body under her, something.

I saw the one base get stepped on, but guiding the flyer gently is the last thing that other base did. She did not slow her at all. It could have been 100x better by simply pulling the flyer in towards her or to a squish position when it first started to fall, rather both bases (obviously about 3/4 of the way through one base was taken out) gave up and let her fall. I assume the thought process was that this girl would step down to the ground, in the heat of the moment it's hard to judge sometimes how a flyer's going to fall, but I just find it astounding how the main base stayed basically still while that girl fell. I would have done everything to throw my arms around her, throw my body under her, something.
The stunt was heeling from the moment it went up. Its nearly impossible, especially in a two man stunt where there is no backspot, to pull a flyer into a sponge when shes falling backwards like that. Also, by the time the base would have tried to throw her arms around the flyer like you suggested, she most likely would have already hit the ground. Im not saying its ever okay for a flyer to hit the ground but i also think in a situation like that its unfair to say the base didnt try to catch at all.

Back