All-Star 2012 - 2013 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

When did it become legal to end a standing tumbling sequence with a double whip double?
Always "Clarification: If an athlete is performing a second double full within one Standing Tumbling pass, then that athlete must follow Standing Tumbling rules A,B and C but not D."
(where D is "skills involving two twists (i.e. Double fulls) must be immediately preceded by a minimum of two backward traveling, non-twisting tumbling skills. One of these two skills must be a back handspring.")

Always "Clarification: If an athlete is performing a second double full within one Standing Tumbling pass, then that athlete must follow Standing Tumbling rules A,B and C but not D."
(where D is "skills involving two twists (i.e. Double fulls) must be immediately preceded by a minimum of two backward traveling, non-twisting tumbling skills. One of these two skills must be a back handspring.")

Thank you! When did they make the clarification? Weren't people getting dinged on them earlier in the season?

I'm usually not the biggest fan of Ace, but they are doing work this season!! They definitely have a chance at taking that top spot back!

Thank you! When did they make the clarification? Weren't people getting dinged on them earlier in the season?
I think it's been there the whole season, but I could be wrong. I know there was a lot of confusion at the beginning of the season about it, but because that clarification is essentially a rule rather than a clarification, presumably it would have had to be there since the beginning of the season? Not entirely sure though!

Those have always been legal, but full whip doubles are illegal this season, which made no sense. But, they fixed it so next season full whip doubles will be legal.

Side note:
Just watched South Africa partner stunt. Unis are hardly my favorite, but the very end, when the guy catches the bird front..all you can see really are the girls hands grabbing his shoulders and she starts patting him on the back in excitement because they hit (a few bobbles and some breath-holding, but relatively solid). It was so amazing to see how far they've come in a year..

PS- I see you Team Australia.
I saw this and it makes me so happy when I see that kind of happiness in people who hit their routine! Even if the difficulty isn't that high :shimmy:

Just saying from what I saw with Senior Elite today....
The new stunt element amazed me.
I don't think they're competing it tomorrow though.

Back