All-Star 2012 - 2013 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not true on TOMS. My brother and family live in Guatemala and have a street ministry there. TOMS donates TONS of shoes to the streets of Guatemala City. They see it first hand. Please check facts before blasting a charity.

Few things:
TOMS is NOT a charity. They are a FOR PROFIT organization. Big difference.
Im not saying TOMS idea isnt nice, but it is terrible for third world economies and destroys the way of lives of many local workers.

Plus theres the old "Teach them to fish / give them a fish argument" testament which TOTALLY applies here.

If you want links I can get some, but theyre not hard to find. My biggest issue is a for profit organization masquerading as a charity for a markup.

For fact checking, goodintents.org is fabulous: TOMS Shoes: Good Marketing – Bad Aid | Good Intentions Are Not Enough

If you REALLY wanna buy shoes to help (though I dont know why shoes are suddenly associated with charity in peoples minds?) here are some alternatives: Socially conscious shoes | Good Intentions Are Not Enough

If you want TOMS for their style, fine. But get out of your hybrid car and off your high horse, buying shoes isn't going to save Guatamala.
That would require a complete restructuring of their infrastructure. Not shoes.

Not true on TOMS. My brother and family live in Guatemala and have a street ministry there. TOMS donates TONS of shoes to the streets of Guatemala City. They see it first hand. Please check facts before blasting a charity.

Edit

A swedish tv show that bring up different topics each episode, kinda like a documentery each week, just did an episode about cheerleading. They interviewed two authors (Megan Abbott and Anne McDonald Maier) about their books who both takes place in an cheerleading environment. ALSO they filmed at two of my team's practices! One "normal" practice and one during our choreography camp with Peter Lezin, Tara Marie Lezin and Adrian Dornell! Aaand they also show a few clips of teams like Cheer Extreme, ACE, Top Gun, World Cup, Maryland Twisters and Cheer Athletics.

The interviews are mostly in english so it's kinda easy to follow. :rolleyes: My team is Team Sweden all girl level 6!

It's not possible to embed the video but you can watch it HERE.

This is hands down the best documentary on cheerleading that has been created. I LOVE the first author, the really thin girl with the brunette hair. Shes so cute and sell spoken!

This is hands down the best documentary on cheerleading that has been created. I LOVE the first author, the really thin girl with the brunette hair. Shes so cute and sell spoken!
Really? I didn't think she talked that well about cheerleading, but the swedish host clarified that the way many people think cheerleading is, is not what it is today. The show kinda wanted to show the differences between how cheerleading is portrait like in "popular culture" and what it's like for real.

I found a lot of the references the first interviewee made very stereotypical and over-dramatic. The whole talk of everyone climbing to the top of the pyramid, both figuratively and literally. Idk maybe because I wasn't understanding the talk before/after to understand the context it was in, it just sounded like she wasn't very educated/well informed on current cheerleading.

They may not care if they win states...but man do I care about their ankle/knee health when they're 30.
When that is all you know, thats how their bodies are conditioned to... For the first 15 years of my cheer career, wood floors were the bomb! Or parking lots, etc... Today i wouldn't throw so much as a Cartwheel without a Spring floor... But again, thats is what your conditioned for in the State of WV, they don't have mats or at least the association that puts on these competitions doesn't........ I will say it again.. Go Brooke!!!:fro:

I Love it, how there is all of this talk about a high school in west virginia!!!! especially on the all star forum! This is a very strong high School team, and they always have been, I guess they really don't need to be an All star team, I always wondered why they weren't, back in the day there used to be an allstar organization in their area, actually a couple:Weirton Steelers, and Ohio Valley Wildcats to name a few... :fro:

I Love it, how there is all of this talk about a high school in west virginia!!!! especially on the all star forum! This is a very strong high School team, and they always have been, I guess they really don't need to be an All star team, I always wondered why they weren't, back in the day there used to be an allstar organization in their area, actually a couple:Weirton Steelers, and Ohio Valley Wildcats to name a few... :fro:
Weirton Steelers was actually a Rec league, I used to cheer for them and Basics Superstars :)

Back