All-Star 2012 - 2013 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My 2 cents, I have friends from my old gym on both Extraordinary and Spectacular, and I can't wait to see how both teams evolve over the rest of the season because they are very talented!

Just wait until this upcoming weekend when Matrix, Buckeye Cheer Elite, American Elite, and Midwest Cheer Elite compete at CheerPower. I can't wait to see more Ohio teams bringin' it out early in October! And I believe there's a couple new gyms competing, so it should be a good one! :)
Again i say...... GO OHIO!!!! really ya'll, what we see today from anyone, is not what we will see in Dec, Jan, Feb, April... just be patient... I hope that no one is Perfect right now....:rolleyes::fro:

In defense when looking at a worlds caliber team, scoresheet and a judges perspective- with 1 standing full, 1x 2 to double, and barely 7 running doubles. ( I say that bc a few hit the floor, or barley got around) they would make a STRONG restricted team, with only having to do fulls. Yes tumbling is only part of the scoresheet, that I understand. I know it's early with tons of potential to exceed in skills, but as of right now, will they be able to stand their ground in a competitive field of other gyms... Mmmmmmmm i guess it's possible, however- I fully support my statement, they would make a BOMB restricted. 7+ doubles out of a team of 25-30. Not enough.

In defense when looking at a worlds caliber team, scoresheet and a judges perspective- with 1 standing full, 1x 2 to double, and barely 7 running doubles. ( I say that bc a few hit the floor, or barley got around) they would make a STRONG restricted team, with only having to do fulls. Yes tumbling is only part of the scoresheet, that I understand. I know it's early with tons of potential to exceed in skills, but as of right now, will they be able to stand their ground in a competitive field of other gyms... Mmmmmmmm i guess it's possible, however- I fully support my statement, they would make a BOMB restricted. 7+ doubles out of a team of 25-30. Not enough.

With all due respect I think we completely understand some of the points of view that have been given including yours in regard to the latest topic "to be restricted or not to be restricted" lol. However unfortunately when selecting divisions for a program it's not always as black and white as some would like to think. We all are a part of a industry that puts a huge emphasis on Worlds and I think it's pretty safe to say that most age eligible athletes want to be on a Worlds team. Not all but most programs who have restricted level 5 teams also have 2 or more worlds teams and are generally the last team on the level 5 totem pole which makes it a little more acceptable at said program. I think what needs to be put into to perspective is that only a small percentage of the level 5 teams in our industry will be what we the people consider a true level 5 team and not every program has the luxury of 20 plus doubles. Why not just give the benefit of the doubt to those who are trying especially when we often complain about sandbagging? Maybe the idea is to allow the kids to train for the future and have them progress not only as a team but also as individuals. It is a programs choice to know which divisions best suit them and how to satisfy their customer base while attempting to make moves that can help them grow for the future. It's October and we expect everyone to look like it's April lol.

With all due respect I think we completely understand some of the points of view that have been given including yours in regard to the latest topic "to be restricted or not to be restricted" lol. However unfortunately when selecting divisions for a program it's not always as black and white as some would like to think. We all are a part of a industry that puts a huge emphasis on Worlds and I think it's pretty safe to say that most age eligible athletes want to be on a Worlds team. Not all but most programs who have restricted level 5 teams also have 2 or more worlds teams and are generally the last team on the level 5 totem pole which makes it a little more acceptable at said program. I think what needs to be put into to perspective is that only a small percentage of the level 5 teams in our industry will be what we the people consider a true level 5 team and not every program has the luxury of 20 plus doubles. Why not just give the benefit of the doubt to those who are trying especially when we often complain about sandbagging? Maybe the idea is to allow the kids to train for the future and have them progress not only as a team but also as individuals. It is a programs choice to know which divisions best suit them and how to satisfy their customer base while attempting to make moves that can help them grow for the future. It's October and we expect everyone to look like it's April lol.

can we get an Amen?

Yes sir! At least your team was not critisized in mid - August like some in this threads I guess it depends on who the team is. I have seen plenty of videos on this thread with less than perfect tumbling and nothing is said. Pages are dedicated to said topic - I guess some teams are just special that way. Can we move these comments to the annoying thread now!

Yes sir! At least your team was not critisized in mid - August like some in this threads I guess it depends on who the team is. I have seen plenty of videos on this thread with less than perfect tumbling and nothing is said. Pages are dedicated to said topic - I guess some teams are just special that way. Can we move these comments to the annoying thread now!

Thank You! :) I agree completely and the difference between restricted and worlds level... id yhr ability to double? Am I wrong?

Well some teams slide by with poor execution of skills, others seem to be called on it like a hot fire.

Back