All-Star 2012 - 2013 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

...That looked a LOT better than I thought it was supposed to, coming from the tweets. Although I don't think ANY Big 4 large senior team has particularly clean tumbling, except maybe Panthers. CEA has straighter legs and better height than in years past, although they do cross their ankles a fair bit. They've got better jumps than Stars though, I'd say. It's gonna come down to a battle of little things..

Although two things:
1) I don't think they hit that scale any shorter than most teams hit their heel stretch before going to another skill. Until there's an official ruling where you have to hit it for more than 1 count, take advantage of counts and cramming in as much in your stunt sequence as you can. Why waste time hanging around to please people when it does nothing for your score sheet?
2) The helicopters are still there. Which means either A) They're illegal and they're doing it anyway (doubtful) or B) They got clarification- Which sucks if it's B), because it does NOTHING for their Majors score.
Personally, I think Senior Elite have always had the worst jumps execution out of the top large all girls teams. In past years at least.
This year Panthers I would say has the strongest. Closely followed by Peach

Now that I agree with. To me, when she's on time, they're perfect. Absolutely perfect.
her legs are just so longg girl, Maybe if they started with a toe touches instead of Pikes it might have been a better start for her, I know what she is going through and its not easy at all to snap your legs down when they are long. But her Single toe touches are to die for!

Personally, I think Senior Elite have always had the worst jumps execution out of the top large all girls teams. In past years at least.
I actually would like F5's Jumps more this year.... if they changed their formation and made DJ Point.

My understanding is standing 75% needs to be thrown. Running 75& x2. So a team of 20 needs to throw 30 skills. Skills are to be counted throughout the routine so recycling is a necessity.

Levels 1-4 Say: Most athletes (75%) participate in "MULTIPLE" level skills. Level 5 DOES NOT say this... Its says: Most (75%) athletes participate in Elite level skills. There for 75%x2 is not needed!

I was also considering timing when comparing the two..Stars has what I'm calling the 'Half-Second Problem.' As in one section (usually back-right) always ends up a half-second off from the rest..so it looks like their jumps are a wave..(You'll have to forgive me for forgetting Peach, as they're not a typical contender and my brain doesn't automatically think to include them).

2010 SE had the best jumps out of then contenders, I'd say. In timing AND execution- coincidentally, it was a year where the first team they were competing with for a bid was Orange (which I feel like I mention every time CEA SE and jumps comes into a discussion..lol).

Back