All-Star 2012 - 2013 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Having "fans" is a responsibility. If you don't have the time or personality, don't make excuses. Just be you, if you offend certain people, who cares....own up to it and move on. If you accept a position on a team where you know you will be called out, criticized, loved, fawned over and hated....all within 5 minutes, thats what you "signed" onto when you joined. This is no big surprise or gotchya! You want to be on the "it" team, but don't want the rest of it? Thats fine by me, just don't be bothered by what your "fans" may say when you don't feel like dealing with it. I really don't care.

Even when these kids were clearly still in "performance/team" mode? Behind the curtain watching their replay and consulting with their coaches? Surely you don't believe that. Why would anyone think it's ok to come behind the curtain and ask for pictures, etc while these kids are still with their team?

Perhaps I missed the boat here but I thought Sr Elite performed an exhibition only .....like a practice in front of fans so I'm perplexed as to why they would need space etc.....what difference did it make to hit or not hit as fans flocked to support them so shouldn't they return the favor.

It was exhibition but at the level these kids are performing at of course they want to represent well each time they take the mat. That didn't happen on Sunday. The team was visibly upset. Fan's flocking to support them doesn't give them the right to approach the kids behind the curtain while they are with their coaches watching the replay video. Why not wait outside the curtain until the kids were done with their team obligations? Wouldn't that make more sense? So instead they approached the team at a bad time and then tweeted nasty things about them.

It was exhibition but at the level these kids are performing at of course they want to represent well each time they take the mat. That didn't happen on Sunday. The team was visibly upset. Fan's flocking to support them doesn't give them the right to approach the kids behind the curtain while they are with their coaches watching the replay video. Why not wait outside the curtain until the kids were done with their team obligations? Wouldn't that make more sense? So instead they approached the team at a bad time and then tweeted nasty things about them.
Wow, the EP should have more control of who is allowed in the back area. Is it really so much to ask the parents and or coaches to monitor the whereabouts of the younger ones. I know my cp's would have been caught off guard had that happened to them as we'll!

Even when these kids were clearly still in "performance/team" mode? Behind the curtain watching their replay and consulting with their coaches? Surely you don't believe that. Why would anyone think it's ok to come behind the curtain and ask for pictures, etc while these kids are still with their team?
Because they are ALL kids, and they adore their cheer idols. These "cheerlebrities" who at every competition (apparently only when they only perform well it seems) are more than happy to give them a hug, smile, and a picture. These young fans don't care that they didn't do well, they just want a chance to meet their favorite cheerleaders in the world. They may have waited all year for the chance to see them perform and meet them.

Why are these kids getting behind the curtain when they are watching the replays and consulting with their coaches? This is an EP problem, or maybe the coaches need to tell these fans to back off. Who is in control? They are all kids, correct?

Wow, the EP should have more control of who is allowed in the back area. Is it really so much to ask the parents and or coaches to monitor the whereabouts of the younger ones. I know my cp's would have been caught off guard had that happened to them as we'll!

I agree they should. And are we talking about a younger kid or teenager's because I'm thinking if a 6 or 7 year old's photo taking session was interrupted she wouldn't be tweeting about it. Clearly, it was older kids who SHOULD have known better. Again I have to ask.....WHO would ever think it's ok to approach kids who are backstage watching a video with their COACHES? That shouldn't have to be in the "how to act at a cheer competition" 1o1 handbook. Common sense clearly did not prevail yesterday!

Because they are ALL kids, and they adore their cheer idols. These "cheerlebrities" who at every competition (apparently only when they only perform well it seems) are more than happy to give them a hug, smile, and a picture. These young fans don't care that they didn't do well, they just want a chance to meet their cheerleaders in the world. They may have waited all year for the chance to see them perform and meet them.

Why are these kids getting behind the curtain when they are watching the replays and consulting with their coaches? This is an EP problem, or maybe the coaches need to tell these fans to back off. Who is in control? They are all kids, correct?

All I'm saying is behind the curtain during obvious team time is not the right time to approach someone for something......ever.... whether they had a good day on the mat or not is not the issue. At that particular moment they were upset but nobody would have even known it had these kids not been backstage where they didn't belong during a time they didn't belong trying to get pictures with a team that was still meeting as a team. All kinds of wrong. I'm sorry we seem to disagree on this point!

It was a curtained off backhallway type of deal and quite frankly anybody could have gotten back there. CSP told the team to come on...what choice did they have?? When your coach tells you to do something you do it. Or at least we do. LOL

That's true, no one should be forced. But not with only Sr Elite, any team who is "famous" and looked up to, should be prepared to handle the good and bad.

Maybe we should let the fans know it's okay to idolize when they hit, but if they have a bad day, pretend you don't know them?

This makes me think back to a certain "cheerlebrity" who was able to handle this dilemma with grace. I miss her.
i sure hope this isnt about MG..

Because they are ALL kids, and they adore their cheer idols. These "cheerlebrities" who at every competition (apparently only when they only perform well it seems) are more than happy to give them a hug, smile, and a picture. These young fans don't care that they didn't do well, they just want a chance to meet their favorite cheerleaders in the world. They may have waited all year for the chance to see them perform and meet them.

Good point! Did I mention how much I love Twitter! Lol!
I must be showing my age as I never realized that kids young enough have an infatuation with cheerlebrities would be old enough to manage a twitter account!

Oh! Yes, I hear she's retired from all-star and has moved on to bigger and better things. I wish her well. Maybe you should too.
yes thats good for her but in my personal experience she did not handle it with grace! i have met her on a few occasions and she has never been all that nice to me. maybe i just caught her on bad days!

Back