All-Star 2012 Butbt

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I just don't know how I feel about half my routine being about somebody else. 'Price tag?' 'We don't pay 'em, we make 'em from the ground up?' 'It's not right, but it's ok?' 'Survivor?' I know some of these were in here BEFORE the whole thing blew up, but really? The gym isn't even AT this competition, you're talking to nobody..I dunno, I'd just want my mix to be about ME and MY team, not somebody else. But I'm selfish like that..
They were supposed to be there.

It is ironic as I am new to the boards, spent 4 days reading them as I am currently in a cast with a broken leg and even I figured out your post assuming this is more georgia cheer drama. Coming from gymnastics rivalries at the more elite levels is fairly common but a good majority is handled "on the mat" and not dragged out and all over by others. Whomever coached and gave the approval for this kind of music and poor sportsmanship is not teaching these kids one darned thing. How shameful and shame on the parents for clapping along teaching their kids to endorse such antics. The coach gets into a snit about a rival gym and forces his teams to perform to that?

Ugh, back to the meds for me. Glad I did not have to go today.
Your statement is why I wish my daughter never gave up gymnastics for cheer. But this is cheer and if you can't accept it leave....We are taking the year off due to injuries last year but I am enjoying not traveling so much and curling hair and doing makeup and team moms texting us you are 5 mins late, etc...

I feel like it's not healthy to be as bitter as Georgia is over this whole thing. They're not the only program to lose athletes to a different one...and yet you don't see other teams performing to what's basically a hater mix.
I agree but I have heard it before just a little more subtle.

I feel like it's not healthy to be as bitter as Georgia is over this whole thing. They're not the only program to lose athletes to a different one...and yet you don't see other teams performing to what's basically a hater mix.
I think you summed it up perfectly as I chucked my post-surgical boredom and eye-rolling at soap operas for Fierce Board. I wonder why that is allowed? Aren't there some kind of protocol or rules for sportsmanship on the floor in music and moves? Teaching our kids to wear a "billboard" to fight someone else's battles is just this side of propagandist, yes?
Maybe I need to go back to work sooner than 3 weeks... :rolleyes:

I think you summed it up perfectly as I chucked my post-surgical boredom and eye-rolling at soap operas for Fierce Board. I wonder why that is allowed? Aren't there some kind of protocol or rules for sportsmanship on the floor in music and moves? Teaching our kids to wear a "billboard" to fight someone else's battles is just this side of propagandist, yes?
Maybe I need to go back to work sooner than 3 weeks... :rolleyes:
Don't chuckle too hard and hurt something.... I think each EP has different rules on this but it is Jaime Parrish.

Somewhat related to this: at the major bid competition in Ontario (I'd say largest bid competition in Canada?) there are 5 partial paid bids and the judges are not allowed to award more than one paid to each gym, regardless of scores. I think I agree with the way it's done, though I haven't been in a position where someone less deserving of a paid gets it and I don't simply because another team from my gym did, so I can't say I've experienced all sides of it.

Why does this sound SO familiar...? Oh, that's right--> #Olympics2012WomensAllaround

Too many Americans scored too high and it knocked Jordyn out of the comp when she was basically the next highest score.

Given my feelings about that, I have to disagree you and say this is DEF not how I think bids should go. Top scores get the bids, regardless of gym affiliation. Afterall, that's what it comes down to AT Worlds anyway... top score wins.

I hate to be one of those people but.....too lazy to check the schedule. What time are awards?

Awards scheduled for 8:48. They are a little bit behind I think.

Back