All-Star 2012 Videos Pt3.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Pretty funny :D

That was an awful video and an awful way to view cheerleaders...You basically insulted so many cheerleaders. We are athletes, Not girls (or boys who also have a ton of talent) who love sparkles and trophies and not eating. We work hard to be the best we can be by working on a team and demonstrating our skills. As a coach if I would have seen this and you were my cheerleaders I would kick you off my team. No matter if you are "worlds" cheerleaders.

The only comical part was the father part. I really hope you think about some of the negative things you put in this video and think twice about exploiting it because there are many of us who are trying to get cheerleading recognized as the sport it is. And not the garbage you just portrayed it as. Joke or not, it was ridiculous and I didn't laugh at all. Good luck trying to get anyone to take your athleticism serious ladies.

That was an awful video and an awful way to view cheerleaders...You basically insulted so many cheerleaders. We are athletes, Not girls (or boys who also have a ton of talent) who love sparkles and trophies and not eating. We work hard to be the best we can be by working on a team and demonstrating our skills. As a coach if I would have seen this and you were my cheerleaders I would kick you off my team. No matter if you are "worlds" cheerleaders.

The only comical part was the father part. I really hope you think about some of the negative things you put in this video and think twice about exploiting it because there are many of us who are trying to get cheerleading recognized as the sport it is. And not the garbage you just portrayed it as. Joke or not, it was ridiculous and I didn't laugh at all. Good luck trying to get anyone to take your athleticism serious ladies.
some of its good and some of it just pisses me off.

well that wasn't nice. =)

I don't think any of it was meant to be taken literally...especially when I have witnessed most of these things first hand...marking routines that are not yours in your living room anyone? I used to do that all the time. I really don't see where you are getting the fact that they make cheerleaders look bad...please enlighten me.

I don't think you really understand the point of these videos. Obviously, what they do isn't accurate for a lot of cheerleaders, but a lot of it is! (Albeit with some obvious exaggeration). It's satirical. I'm not really sure where you got the idea that they were undermining the idea of the "athleticism" of cheerleading- a lot of the scenes reflected upon how sore they constantly were due to the athletic demand of cheer.

The video obviously wasn't serious, and why on earth should it need to be? It's just a couple of teenagers talking about and pointing out the silly behavior of some of the people that are involved in cheerleading. This video, whether or not you think it was funny, had the same purpose as every other of the "S*** (insert ethnicity/athlete/gender/etc.) Say" video- to lightheartedly poke fun at some of the stereotypes regarding the group. Say someone were to base their entire opinion about women based on the original "S*** Girls Say" video- that would unarguably be insane! Same thing applies to this video- a person who judges the athleticism of an activity based on this type of video must have some neurological issue. I for one am not particularly concerned if some theoretical loon doesn't think cheerleading is a sport based on one video that is obviously a joke.

If you don't find the video humorous, you don't have to watch it. Cheer, just like every other aspect of life, isn't so special that it deserves to have everything portray it in a serious or positive light. Additionally, as a cheerleader, I can safely say I didn't feel particularly exploited by watching this video, and I seriously doubt many other cheerleaders would.

Back