All-Star 2013-2014 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The two girls in the front row are the reason why I do not like crop tops for any team of any age.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I guess I'll be the only person that gives this poster the benefit of the doubt since I've personally never seen anything overtly negative come from them. After all she's the one that did the "My daughter is a loner" thread and surely wouldn't in turn bash someone else's child.

Because of this I interpreted this post to be a poorly worded way of saying that she doesn't like crop tops because they can cut people off at weird lines and have inconsistent fits across the board. Way too short on the top maybe, which is probably due to poor uniform design

ehh in her defense i slightly agree, granted kids typically dont care cause they're more into competing and etc. but i think crop tops can be unflattering for a lot of body type. wether the girl is flat chested, skin and bones or a little more then average. i mean lets be honest just about the only body type that looks good in crop tops is a toned one. which is why i think junior teams should have to wear full tops. it would solve at least some of that problem. but again, i think the majority of the girls who compete in them probably dont care.

ehh in her defense i slightly agree, granted kids typically dont care cause they're more into competing and etc. but i think crop tops can be unflattering for a lot of body type. wether the girl is flat chested, skin and bones or a little more then average. i mean lets be honest just about the only body type that looks good in crop tops is a toned one. which is why i think junior teams should have to wear full tops. it would solve at least some of that problem. but again, i think the majority of the girls who compete in them probably dont care.

But, here's my question: "Looks good" to whom? If the kid feels good in her uniform, and the parent doesn't care, why should we? Because it's not pleasing to our eyes? The jiggle offends us? We don't want to see her ribs? What does that say about us, though?

I saw what you said at the end about most of the kids not caring. But, the sentence before, is more telling. It describes a something subjective - not a feeling.

I'm sorry, who are you to a judge whether girls have the right body for a crop top? maybe kids don't care because they've yet to realize that others do? and we wonder why girls have body image problems.

What is the difference between coachkelly's comment and ucfknights07? One actually commented on 2 specific girls, who very likely will hear about that comment, and one was a generalized statement and the one who could have been referencing morbidly obese of anorexic kids (I know far extremes) is the one being accused of ruining a child's perception of themselves?

As the dad of a child who has had poor body image problems I an not defending either person but Sorry this does not make sense to me.

Cheer Dad = broke dad

What is the difference between coachkelly's comment and ucfknights07? One actually commented on 2 specific girls, who very likely will hear about that comment, and one was a generalized statement and the one who could have been referencing morbidly obese of anorexic kids (I know far extremes) is the one being accused of ruining a child's perception of themselves?

As the dad of a child who has had poor body image problems I an not defending either person but Sorry this does not make sense to me.

Cheer Dad = broke dad
i was referring to both, but chose to quote ucf because coachkelly had already been quoted multiple times. i don't agree with either of the posts and to be honest I'm disgusted with what they both said.. i don't think ANYONE should ever comment on someone's weight in a negative light, especially on a public forum

I'm pretty sure what shes saying here, is notice how the girls in the front row are roughly the same height/size? and notice how the crop top is higher up on others. Just my interpretation.

I'm sorry, who are you to a judge whether girls have the right body for a crop top? maybe kids don't care because they've yet to realize that others do? and we wonder why girls have body image problems.
i think juniors should were full tops cause its more appropriate for their age, your completely right i think that, cause thats how i feel. i aint gonna take it back, people really need to learn how to read more i may have said toned body, but if you would have read the sentence right after i said that must kids dont give a crap anyways in their defense.

i think juniors should were full tops cause its more appropriate for their age, your completely right i think that, cause thats how i feel. i aint gonna take it back, people really need to learn how to read more i may have said toned body, but if you would have read the sentence right after i said that must kids dont give a crap anyways in their defense.
exactly. they don't care so why should you. not your body.

exactly. they don't care so why should you. not your body.
OMG i dont, oh wait.... i forgot...no one is allowed to give any sort of opinion of their own on the board unless everyone agrees with it. :rolleyes: dont choose one sentence out of an entire paragraph and try to go judge judy on it, i defend them in the end, i really dont care. but like i said before, yes, i think juniors should have to wear full tops cause of the age thing. the end.

OMG i dont, oh wait.... i forgot...no one is allowed to give any sort of opinion of their own on the board unless everyone agrees with it. :rolleyes: dont choose one sentence out of an entire paragraph and try to go judge judy on it, i defend them in the end, i really dont care. but like i said before, yes, i think juniors should have to wear full tops cause of the age thing. the end.
don't see why you felt the need to have an opinion on someone else's body. if it was JUST about age, why say anything about which bodies look good in a uniform? but I'm not going to try to convince someone that its okay to wear a crop top (or whatever you want for that matter) even if you don't have what people see to have a "toned body". hopefully when you have kids they don't ever get ridiculed on a public forum about their body.

don't see why you felt the need to have an opinion on someone else's body. if it was JUST about age, why say anything about which bodies look good in a uniform? but I'm not going to try to convince someone that its okay to wear a crop top (or whatever you want for that matter) even if you don't have what people see to have a "toned body". hopefully when you have kids they don't ever get ridiculed on a public forum about their body.
I NEVER specifically singled out and commented on ANY of the girls in that photo (that was someone else) i dont see why you feel the need to twist the facts, just to make your ego/likes/whatever on fierceboard seem bigger for the next two pages, by trying to make someone feel like poop. just stop. im done. and im over it. and im not going to respond to it anymore.

In other news, Xcel 360's new uniforms
7407e5d4652dd0548d22a21198b8ba0a.jpg

Nothing can make me like fake belts. But otherwise it's not bad. Would be cool if they had team sports bras that were purple or something so they would be able to wear a sports bra with it....

In other news, Xcel 360's new uniforms
7407e5d4652dd0548d22a21198b8ba0a.jpg

Nothing can make me like fake belts. But otherwise it's not bad. Would be cool if they had team sports bras that were purple or something so they would be able to wear a sports bra with it....

The purple stripes on the back of the shorts seem awkward to me. It makes it look almost like a brief feather than a short. It might be the way it hits this particular girl?

Back