All-Star 2013-2014 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

And this is why the USASF image guidelines are not such a bad idea if they would be worded more specifically. Our current and previous gyms do uniforms right. You may not like the style but at least they cover all the bits and pieces, so it isn't all gyms that are headed in this horrible direction, but the gyms that are are doing nothing to legitimize this sport.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Fierce Board mobile app

tumblr_mxd0mzEmRD1s50szpo1_500.jpg

now i know this isn't a New Uniform for a specific team but this uniform design just makes me feel all sorts of frustrated.
What am I looking at. Seriously what is this

I can't see them on my phone and Lord knows it doesn't sound like I should pull up the pictures on my work computer!

Note to parents: if I'm deeming your cp's "modeling gig" as NSFW, it's time to re-prioritize your life. Especially considering my "work" is at a dance and performing arts studio.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Yeah I pulled the website up at work and immediately closed because I felt like

1284123330_chris-hansen-gif.gif

(I hope people get this..)

so, curiosity killed the cat... well... on the uniform portion of the site the toddler in the uniform showed above is awful, as well as that pink mystic stomach cut out uniform (reminds me of the oops i did it again music video)

and then the makeup gallery... like pictures zooming in on the highly made up face with smoky eye makeup, a thick choker and a bit of cleavage showing.. wut.

i love cheerleading and know the athleticism behind it... but if this trend continues, i don't think i could ever rationalize putting my future daughter into this world. (but then again i wish the industry would follow the trend of A&T uniforms with collegiate length shorts and a long sleeve full top. pony tail. no makeup.) if i can't take the sexualized, circus clown look seriously, why would the rest of the world who doesn't know the athleticism behind the look?

Agreed. I'm sooooooo glad my kids are out of cheer if this is where it's headed.

On a side... Wth is wrong with her parents? She really is like in the 12-14 age range (I feel like she was 12 when she did the tclm thing and that was awhile ago). Why would anyone think it's OK to push up a child's chest like that? Let alone the parents of said child.

To my California peeps: is cleavage on children a California thing? The little girl from last year (that was bending over and providing the view that could not be unseen) was also from CA (Fierce). I just don't get it - I still freak out when my 19-year-old shows cleavage!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Fierce Board mobile app
Should I know who she is?
What is tclm? I googled and got nothing...
I'm beyond happy I didn't see the CA Fierce pic last year.
Heading back in my non-cheer bubble now.

Isn't the girl Bianca? Or does she just look like her? If it is her, then she's already a cheerlebrity.

Tclm is "The Cheerleader Magazine" - but if that's not Bianca then the tclm thing doesn't apply.

If the books are photoshopped I will be so done. No wait... I'm already so done. I just can't with this picture, no matter who it is.

Isn't the girl Bianca? Or does she just look like her? If it is her, then she's already a cheerlebrity.

Tclm is "The Cheerleader Magazine" - but if that's not Bianca then the tclm thing doesn't apply.

If the books are photoshopped I will be so done. No wait... I'm already so done. I just can't with this picture, no matter who it is.

Books are not photoshoped but I guess boobs are ;)

I just can't anymore. I give up. What is this? Because this is not cheerleading. This is some travesty of a nightmare and I don't want to play this game. I refuse to partake of such nonsense. This collective thread of fabric malfunctions masquerading as 'uniforms', culminating in a young person under 18 potentially getting a photoshopped girl-adjustment in a catalog, has caused me heart palpitations. I no longer see cheer uniforms, I see the outfits my adult contemporaries wear on halloween when they want to feel 'frisky.'

I hated the USASF guidelines, because they stood for a conglomerate that was ignoring the needs of its members in favor of policing us at a time when we didn't need such policing. Why are we proving we can't handle the responsibility for the image of our sport? It's like we're trying to 'keep up with the Joneses', except for the title of the ugliest, most inappropriate uniforms. Mark my words- the next thing we'll hear about uniforms is that the USASF will come up with standard measurements for lengths.

I just can't anymore. I give up. What is this? Because this is not cheerleading. This is some travesty of a nightmare and I don't want to play this game. I refuse to partake of such nonsense. This collective thread of fabric malfunctions masquerading as 'uniforms', culminating in a young person under 18 potentially getting a photoshopped girl-adjustment in a catalog, has caused me heart palpitations. I no longer see cheer uniforms, I see the outfits my adult contemporaries wear on halloween when they want to feel 'frisky.'

I hated the USASF guidelines, because they stood for a conglomerate that was ignoring the needs of its members in favor of policing us at a time when we didn't need such policing. Why are we proving we can't handle the responsibility for the image of our sport? It's like we're trying to 'keep up with the Joneses', except for the title of the ugliest, most inappropriate uniforms. Mark my words- the next thing we'll hear about uniforms is that the USASF will come up with standard measurements for lengths.
Maybe I'm making this up, but isn't that part of the new rules or at least proposed with them? Something about the distance between the top and bottoms must be so many inches and the inseam of the bottoms must be so long. Idk, I vaguely remember seeing that somewhere. I'm starting to really look forward to when the new rules go into effect at least it will somewhat control this nonsense. Maybe...

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Back